Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rez Grief :)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Rez Grief :)

Like, I suspect he's dead amongst the snipers, that we rushed past (sigh), not that its a long walk in Victory Lap, King Mynas section, anyways after three rev attempts and wreaking the group we have this:

sry couldn't edit the naughties.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Lmao if theyre rushing then what gives? I love how they think we have a teleporting skill and have a .5 second cooldown on revive. Anddddd how the mages with no rev skill give us grief for not rev'ng them. If youre guys pvp built whyre u farming with him -_- u cant tank with a mage so..... T_T

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Also lmao. Oy. Nothing beats having two or more dead, widely separated, demanding rezzes. What is this "cool-down" you speak of? Surely, mages can cast rez over and over immediately. And so what if there's a sniper/Sobek/Other Boss sitting on me??!? Rez me, dagnabbit! It's your job! Whaddya mean, "mage is dead"? Hurry! Get back here and Rez me right now!. Respawning again? Man, mages are so worthless. Hurry! Ah, memories....
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love the mages who refuse to rez, or heal for that matter. Health pots have made most of the mages I have grouped with lazy in the healing part of the game. If the tank is at 10% health, you might want to hit the green leaf, or you are going to be the next to die. If the tank dies, STOP running in circles casting lightning, and rez him so he can get the boss off of you. These are basics learned early on in other games, and completely ignored in this one due to the overpowered health pots that can be spammed.
    Stratospaly 47 Tanking Warrior
    (someone took the Stratos name)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Heal is my most used spell. If there's only one Mage/pally it would help if the group stayed together--it's a more efficient use of the spell and it's easier to rez you if we know where you are. It's one of those, "help us help you" kind of things.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I love how rezzing and healing gets every single semi idle mob around me in a frenzy for my blood. The rule of rushing is that if you are down, you will need a pot to get back. Mage can't afford to backtrack and save your sorry behind dunto his own suddenly combusting...

Ps I also hate how some people refuse to do the walk of shame and just spam reeeeeev until you get back.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    Ps I also hate how some people refuse to do the walk of shame and just spam reeeeeev until you get back.
    Oh, so true this! If the whole group or the majority die, all of them should respawn. I can heal and boost you all at the same time--saves you pots, bonus! And we can go back in as a cohesive unit. Maybe even, *gasp*, talk tactics since whatever we did before didn't work. Otherwise, it's group lies on floor, I run back, rez one or two, I die, run back again. Meanwhile, the one or two newly risen get their butts waxed because they're out-gunned and we start all over again. Really, the walk isn't beneath you. Mind you, a pony would make it easier......
    Last edited by CanonicalKoi; 10-14-2010 at 11:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

And since Ao3 came out and there's all this cool new EQ to get, they're ruder than ever. How dare we let them die (um, hello, Ao3?), how dare we not be around to rev, how dare the mage die and not rev them. Blah blah. Amazing. I should be rude back and wonder why they did not buff themselves, wait for the group to gather, stun the mob...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Totally concurr about people needing to respawn and walk if they die right next to mobs and the Mage had to respawn. it used to be that mages could get away with running in with a shield on and rezzing quickly then running back out. That's almost never the case in ao3. So if you die and the Mage is not there, look around you, use your best judgment about whether you could be rezzed safely, and if that's not the case then respawn and walk just like the mage had to. I always use to do this and it seems just common sense but it's amazing how many people don't do it.

Also, if you're a tank and you have a Mage with you and you're both sitting outside a room where there are mobs and dead people inside, don't expect the Mage to run in first wihtout you to Rez. Again, just common sense but I've seen people who don't do this.

Btw, if I'm host and you refuse to respawn when I tell you to do so, and put the mages in danger because you were too lazy to walk, you will get booted.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@ kaleille, my personal fav is when we rush to boss and the one guy w/o a pot (no, not required in my games, tho encouraged) dies right as soon as we get to boss. then he sits there dead by the boss while the rest of us do the work. i do ask for people to respawn, but if they dont i'll wait till abt 5% of the boss health left and boot lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

i just like joining games so i dont have the option of booting these twits... price to be paid for not starting the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

People, when you join the group, remember who the mage(s) is(are). If the mage(s) is(are) not near you and the mob/boss has a lot of life, respawn and come back and help. If you are near respawn, walk. Jeez. And yeah, I really hate the dead ones who watch the SLOW progress of killing the boss because they're flat on the ground laughing and not helping. When they get booted, good riddance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Heals are worthless. Real tanks dont ask or expect them.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

or eat quiche.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Heals are worthless. Real tanks dont ask or expect them.
    since mages give them out so sparingly they dont get used to it. a group with 2 mages spamming heal when it is ready is more likely to survive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

He sure does live up to his name.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Heals are key for clearing negative effects in certain scenarios. King Mynas comes to mind for instance. I've watched whole groups of potted tanks taken down by him because once he does his debuff attack and you have that purple/black symbol next to your name, your health will go down faster than you can chug pots. A single good mages who heals at the right time makes all the difference. (Incidentally, I don't spam heal when I'm play my mage and we face him, except perhaps if I'm lagging - otherwise I save my heal and cast it at exactly the right time, when I see the debuff happening, because you have maybe 2 seconds at that point before everyone goes down unless you clear the debuff.)

Also I remember when rushing AO2 map five, having a pala along who spam healed and cleared debuffs meant much easier survivability for all involved. I used to always rush with my bear and when I built my pala it took some convincing to get my bear groups to accept him - until they saw what he could do, at which point I was always asked to bring him. I don't think we ever had a map 5 rush fail while my pala was on the team.

Finally as Arterra points out, spam heals are always nice to have as a backup, and can save the day if someone is lagging or distracted for a split second. It's just like wearing 3 Isis for regen - not strictly necessary I suppose if you're a perfect, never-lagging, never-distracted bear but it has certainly saved my life many times. And yes, I do know how to keep a finger on the health pots button and spam chug them when I'm playing my tank - but nevetheless I'm always glad to have mages along.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Id love classic healing and tanking in the game, and yes heals can remove debuffs. That said, as kalielle points out perhaps the best use of heal is in fact its "cure" component. When mobs deal out damage as quickly and powerfully as they do, and tanks have so little HP (150 more hp at level 50 than at level 1), players can often die if they rely on heals in the 3 second cooldown time of the heal spell. Its an issue at not just for level 45s or 50s, but for all levels.

Yes, i've known some good healers who have made a difference, but i still would never rely on them, and i don't think its fair to expect more from a Enchantress than what i know the game itself allows them to be capable of.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Heal is maxed out--it's a 5.5 sec cool-down, but it heals 95-200 HP (and Devs? Could we maybe make that not such a wide variable sometime?). It likely won't fully heal you, but it might keep you alive long enough to have a chance to suck a pot. I wish folks would bear in mind that while it has an 8m effect area, it doesn't cross voids or go around corners. I have to be within 8m of you, in the same area, so don't demand heals and then grumble about "stupid mages need to stay back". We can only stay back but so far if you want heal-spamming. And yeah, Azrael, I'd agree with you--folks are going to need heal pots whether or not a Mage is present--we can only do so much and there's a lot of stuff that one-shots us or drains mana down to bupkis.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

completely forgot them mynas debuffs... also, who you gonna call when your frozen right after using stomp on plothozz? remember the cure..... i notice that some of those mummies have some 'festering' debuff that when they are all attacking at once can actually almost kill you faster than you can spam pots. this was with a pally yes less HP but same armor mind you! 3 isis and one thoth in some instances.