Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2013-06-03 Content Update (122126)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

i dont see a problem with arcane egg achievement. they shouldnt change in back then in the first time. its logical to get achievement when u hatch the egg.

those who want to rely on their "luck skill" still can, the achievement is granted when u loot it. those who save up enough gold to buy it r now rewarded for their hard effort. still those who loot r in advantage here a bit, bc they can sell it (yes u need to spend plat but u would anyway, and along the egg u can get other uber rare items, and i think players dont open just for certain item but rely on many so they can trade if necessary) but those who buy for gold need to hatch so they have no profit.
    so right now u have 2 possibilities and its up to u for which u r going to decide, gambling on crates (u know the risk) or buying for gold

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    It's absolutely easy. You just press a button and spend 15 plat, and there it is. No great skill or excellence in playing the game is needed. You don't have to practice it to get good at it beforehand. Any player can do it, even one that just started playing the game an hour ago. It's just a totally random happening, which has nothing to do with the word "achievement".

And BTW, a quick look at the leaderboard would tell you that this change only resulted in about 7 or 8 players (out of many tens of thousands who play this game) getting the Arcane Achievement. As I posted above, there will only be a slight increase in those having this achievement. Someone still has to loot the egg. You can't buy one if there are none for sale. If you are worried about this achievement becoming common, don't worry, it's still a very rare and exclusive group.
    Bupkis.

You open 20 lgc with a lvl 16 bonechill bow of pot in it. Sell all 20 for 500k. Buy a arcane egg. All you did was push the button 19 more times.

Now if you also make it so the person who loots does not get the title.. then I may be with you. If all was earned on opening the egg, I can be persuaded to agree to that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

eh..

ok now just for showin ya the situation ;

like 1-2 month ago i was spend like 8k plat for get Hammerjaw when it was just up . Means for me around 450$ + 2m gold for gettin crates on total around 600$ ...

+ the luck on drop ratio ...

i spend this money for rush and stay on Leaderboard run for get a difference of all other players and result now only a disaster whit that new mode ...

Dear Devs/Staffs i m sorry about saying that but there r now many peoples which are thinking about same of me , and also if you will continue like that you will loss many client like us ..

Consider again before acting something .. Coz if you ll continue like that i will be out of that rush and will not pay you anymore ...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kostral For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

While I can agree with opening an arcane egg granting the achievement - what you're doing is doubling the amount of arcane achievements by granting it first to the person who has spent what was probably a huge amount on platinum and gold and then you are now giving them what I will assume will be an even larger amount then the 12m that the eggs had once gone for because now they also grant an achievement. The leaderboards have all been pushed all over the place pushing most of the people who don't spend money on platinum off the leaderboards and, in the case of the rogue leaderboard, doubling the 11700AP placeholders.

Couldn't this have waited till the beginning of the next season?

Like Kostral above, and I know many others, all you're doing is upsetting many of the original players who spent so much in order to grant the achievement. How can you go back and change the dynamic of how the achievement is granted without feeling guilty to the people who thought the rules were one way and then you decided to essentially change the rules. I know things change over time - platinum sales and that kind of thing happen and people complain about saying that they purchased platinum the day before. But this change is a different in that you're changing an aspect of gameplay. It's an evolving game and I understand that, but suddenly changing one of the highest AP goals like this reminds me of when Mayor Daley in Chicago came in at midnight and bulldozed an airport so he could get away with it without protest.

All the above being said, I don't mind the change if it had been originally stated as such - I just feel you have been disingenuous to your customer base who probably worked hard in getting the original arcane achievement. I know you have upset many people with this - making it feel to many that you are keeping up with the slow walk towards increasing your favoring to those (to an even greater extent) who are platinum users.
    ORIGINAL ART BY CARLOS ORTEGA ELIZALDE
    46 R/W/M | <E N I G M A T I C> | CARROTS

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jexetta For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

i hope the next expansion will come soon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jexetta View Post
    While I can agree with opening an arcane egg granting the achievement - what you're doing is doubling the amount of arcane achievements by granting it first to the person who has spent what was probably a huge amount on platinum and gold and then you are now giving them what I will assume will be an even larger amount then the 12m that the eggs had once gone for because now they also grant an achievement. The leaderboards have all been pushed all over the place pushing most of the people who don't spend money on platinum off the leaderboards and, in the case of the rogue leaderboard, doubling the 11700AP placeholders.

Couldn't this have waited till the beginning of the next season?

Like Kostral above, and I know many others, all you're doing is upsetting many of the original players who spent so much in order to grant the achievement. How can you go back and change the dynamic of how the achievement is granted without feeling guilty to the people who thought the rules were one way and then you decided to essentially change the rules. I know things change over time - platinum sales and that kind of thing happen and people complain about saying that they purchased platinum the day before. But this change is a different in that you're changing an aspect of gameplay. It's an evolving game and I understand that, but suddenly changing one of the highest AP goals like this reminds me of when Mayor Daley in Chicago came in at midnight and bulldozed an airport so he could get away with it without protest.

All the above being said, I don't mind the change if it had been originally stated as such - I just feel you have been disingenuous to your customer base who probably worked hard in getting the original arcane achievement. I know you have upset many people with this - making it feel to many that you are keeping up with the slow walk towards increasing your favoring to those (to an even greater extent) who are platinum users.
    I think the system is just fine and good, and it is fair now even to those buying egg now they can have the achievments, I love STS your great

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kostral View Post
    eh..

like 1-2 month ago i was spend like 8k plat for get Hammerjaw when it was just up . Means for me around 450$ + 2m gold for gettin crates on total around 600$ ...

i spend this money for rush and stay on Leaderboard run for get a difference of all other players and result now only a disaster whit that new mode ...

Dear Devs/Staffs i m sorry about saying that but there r now many peoples which are thinking about same of me , and also if you will continue like that you will loss many client like us ..

Consider again before acting something .. Coz if you ll continue like that i will be out of that rush and will not pay you anymore ...
    You must thank God that you been lucky and you got Hammerjaw, some other ppl spending the same amount as you done and not getting anything, not even mythic.. so just thank the God at least you got something

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    BTW, this is not going to result in the Arcane Achievement becoming common. It will still be very rare. Just do the math:

Only 2 out of the 4 Arcane items are pets. So if you assume that every player that loots an Arcane egg sells that egg to another player, then that means the number of players who have the Arcane Achievement will increase by 50%. But as we all know, that is not a correct assumption. Some players who loot the egg will hatch it. So let's now suppose that half of the players who loot an Arcane egg hatch the egg, and the other half sell the egg (this sounds like a more reasonable assumption)..... if this happens then the number of players with the Arcane Achievement will increase by 25%.
    I don't see any mistake or sin by other ppl having the achievment as well...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    This decision could have waited for the next season.
    It dosnt matter when or where!! all I say is that is a good decision and we all should follow the Game, even I know many ppl spending so much PT opening crates and didnt even get any mythic and never blamed anybody

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by H2N View Post
    • The Arcane Achievement will now be granted to anyone with an Arcane Pet in their stable, not just players who loot the egg.
    • Fixed a problem on the Mythic Pavise that should help accuracy.
    • 50% bonus to the Luck Elixir is over.
    I just love this decision and all players should love this, I think is ok other ppl having the achievement as well( only hard working ones who have lots of gold and never find anything through crates), so everybody just follow the game your just a player not admin not developer or ... just player

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kostral View Post
    eh..

When Hammerjaw first came out, you could get the achievement by buying the egg. Same with the hooks -- you could get the achievement by just buying the hooks. But then they changed it after a couple of weeks so that you had to loot it. They said the reason was to stop scams where people were asking to borrow the egg or hooks for the achievement, but then they didn't give it back. So now they changed it back for hatching the egg because you can't borrow and egg, hatch it, and then give it back.

For those people who spent tons of plat on Hammerjaw back when it came out, it is now the same as it was back then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by juaki View Post
    Im owner of arcane pet... Im disagree with the arcane achievement change. People who got it with money and high lucky, now is the same that buy it with gold.... now there aren't any rare or special. How can I sell my arcane pet? I have it in my stable and now I prefer high amount of gold than have good chsnce of being in high level in leader board.

Think about it... this change has damage what I think about open crates. Nothing special of doing it!!!
    You already got the achievement when you loot it right?? so if you want high amount of gold you should have sell your egg rather than open it, so don't blame anyone except yourself

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think when they removed the 50% luck elix it was harder than normal to get item and get a reroll even before this 50% luck elixir was invented the normal luck elixir was working well now all its taking forever to reroll

Please look into this

Coz im not the only one who noticed the change

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Maybe the is confused about common pet, legendary , mythic and arcane pet,, or its i whose confused?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree with the rouge about bringing back the loot to normal,, now its really hard to reroll,,luck elixer expired with continues hunting with out reroll at all,,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bossnyc View Post
    I agree with the rouge about bringing back the loot to normal,, now its really hard to reroll,,luck elixer expired with continues hunting with out reroll at all,,
    Is very nice to have weekly luck elixir

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by garou498 View Post
    i hope the next expansion will come soon
    Why you so rush on next expansion man! just do the daily quests, I think you just wanna see new maps lol so if is like that every day if new map come up you still want to see the next expansion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

It's nothing special on buying that achievment. There was unique and exclusive... now it isn't

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by juaki View Post
    It's nothing special on buying that achievment. There was unique and exclusive... now it isn't
    If you want to collect that point so buy the egg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default next update level max

Some wants to levelup even if they are in elite rank just wish it could have gone to 40