Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Thoughts on coming timed run challenge

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Default Thoughts on coming timed run challenge

In my opinion, mostly for this time if you noticed on LB most of them in the LB are much popular already on running each categories:

Well, we say twinks can run more faster on hauntlet run etc. cause more easy mobs for them especially when they got the good gears but there's a con on it. Twinks can't do elite right? . For endgamers, my thoughts who will win on endgamers im pretty sure most of them got already the mythic set with arcane weapon & pet. How about the normal people (people cant buy plat, people doesnt have gold to buy the best elite gears or mythic/arcane) who wants to run the timed run challenges probably 25% chance or not at all?. Probably have a chance wow a "Chance". But how? Well if your lucky you have a friend with full mythic gears, arcane pets/weapon and not just one friend but 3 friend with those gears. But still if you have those friends mostly important part of each run "THE STRATEGY & TEAMWORK OF EACH OTHERS"

Oh well, GOODLUCK to all the people to reach the first place on each run categories.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

For you, who do you think will managed to win in timed run?

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

I thought of trying for wt4 but I guess there isn't a point :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I have to agree with some of the points that Sky pointed out. Players who have mythical or arcane equipment/pets do have a large advantage. Those competing in the timed challenge will be hard pressed to win. Definitely, they will be firmly entrenched. Other players need to obtain the same items to at least level the playing field and make it a true test of teamwork and skill.

However, I do believe that if ever plat users have an advantage, it's a small one. Other than pets, vanities, slots and guildhalls, everything else is attainable by grinding and saving up gold to buy these items in the auction house, yes, at insane prices but doable, nonetheless. If plat users do get mythic or arcane items in locked crates, it's because of a lucky high roll on the loot table when they open it. Almost the same chance as anyone opening an elite gold chest or getting a good drop on a boss. I've seen plat users spend thousands opening crates and get nothing, while others get a mythic opening the second locked crate of the day. To me, it's just the way the die rolls.

I wouldn't say I'm a non plat user. I do buy a bag of plat from time to time to support the game and show the appreciation for it. It's handy for buying inventory slots and instant revives. Most of the time, I'm a grinder. You'd see me farming the various routes for eggs to sell.

But I digress from the topic. I have to admit that it looks like it will be safe to assume that the winners of the event will be mostly mythic/arcane equipped players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

I agree, however, timed runs, strategy is a lot more important than mythics and arcane. If u don't have good strategy, but full mythic and arcane gear, it will be still hard to win
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    I thought of trying for wt4 but I guess there isn't a point :/
    Actually w4 can be pretty easy with a good party. Since the exit is at the end in the middle, split into groups of 2 one for the left, one for the right. Should go quickly. Some of you may already know that but if not there ya go. I don't plan on doing this competition cause I'm forever alone in al+ trying to lvl up in pl
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

i think the timed runs thing has run its course. I don't know anyone on my friends list or guild who go after them. it was a good idea but u have a handful of players who are really good at it and dominate it and i think it's caused most people to be discouraged to do it. i'm secretly hoping there's minimal participation in this event so the devs will realize not many people do the timed runs. That way they'll be able to do away with them and implement PL's game joining system. As it is now if someone leaves during an elite run no one else can join. This is so u don't have someone come in at the last minute and get on the leaderboards for a timed run he didn't help that much with. Without timed runs we should be able to join games whenever and more people will farm elites.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

The elixir one is going to be interesting since it will require an inverse strategy on most builds. I am curious to see how players adapt to it.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

My only wish is that the winners are the ones who trained and practiced hard for this competition. Their gear and how their got their gear is less important to me. Did they get their high end gear as gifts, pure luck, endless grinding, endless crate opening, merching, putting countless hours into the game --there's no way we could tell so I'm not going to judge. I only hope the winners will truly deserve the win through good old fashioned hard work. There is so much talk in the forums about getting lucky drops, low-drop rate in chests and crates, this competition could be a refreshing shift away from gear and more towards player skills.

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SkyDagger View Post
    Oh well, GOODLUCK to all the people to reach the first place on each run categories.
    The Hauntlet Pure and Hautlet Enhanced LB has 25 places each, so being in the top 25 for these 2 LB will earn you a chance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by H2N:1127535
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyDagger View Post
    The Hauntlet Pure and Hautlet Enhanced LB has 25 places each, so being in the top 25 for these 2 LB will earn you a chance.
    one question, tho it sounds stupid: If you are on Lb but get knocked off the day before do you still get a chance for mythic ring?

Ik stupid question...^^
    Credits to Iady

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    one question, tho it sounds stupid: If you are on Lb but get knocked off the day before do you still get a chance for mythic ring?

Ik stupid question...^^
    No. Only the ones on the 6 timed runs LBs at the time the servers come down on Monday for the update will be eligible.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by H2N View Post
    Forgot about it . Thanks H2N

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by H2N View Post
    I guess that the most of it will be occupied by the same person(s) that improves their runs by a fraction of a second..
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=88929&dateline=136981  8890
    Signature created by marshmallow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

If you look at the timed LBs for all maps, you will see that those who top the list will be arcane/mythic all rogue team or 3-rogue, 1-mage team. In fact, there are even 3-rogue or 2-rogue teams topping the times for certain maps.

Any warriors in the list?

Just another line of STS updates and events that "kills" warrior players. Not to mention that well-geared players have more chances of winning better gear, while the average players can only watch and drool. The gulf between these two groups will only grow bigger.

Great work, STS. You guys always find ways to ensure that the warrior class will always be 3rd-class citizens in AL.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Friufi For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Obi View Post
    I guess that the most of it will be occupied by the same person(s) that improves their runs by a fraction of a second..
    Quote Originally Posted by Friufi View Post
    If you look at the timed LBs for all maps, you will see that those who top the list will be arcane/mythic all rogue team or 3-rogue, 1-mage team. In fact, there are even 3-rogue or 2-rogue teams topping the times for certain maps.

Just another line of STS updates and events that "kills" warrior players. Not to mention that well-geared players have more chances of winning better gear, while the average players can only watch and drool. The gulf between these two groups will only grow bigger.

Great work, STS. You guys always find ways to ensure that the warrior class will always be 3rd-class citizens in AL.

Agreed on those ^

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Friufi View Post

warriors are necessary, and have enough rights to cancel out the wrongs. Unlike mages. But I digress.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Regarding hauntlets:
    A full arcane/mythic team stands no chance vs lvl 15-17 twinks atm. Even 21,26 'twinks' with the best respective gear get creamed by them.
    Why? Because the hauntlet balancing is incosistent. Since the nordr update hauntlet difficulty scales up to the next cap (for lvl 21+ scaled up to 26 difficulty, for lvl 26+ scaled up to 31)
    except for lvl 15-17 twinks. Be consistent devs and raise difficulty for lvl 15-17 toons like you did for lvl 21+.
    This would guarantee a fair competition.
    Last edited by Spects; 06-07-2013 at 07:10 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Spects For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spects View Post
    Regarding hauntlets:
    A full arcane/mythic team stands no chance vs lvl 15-17 twinks atm. Even 21,26 'twinks' with the best respective gear get creamed by them.
    Why? Because the hauntlet balancing is incosistent. Since the nordr update hauntlet difficulty scales up to the next cap (for lvl 21+ scaled up to 26 difficulty, for lvl 26+ scaled up to 31)
    except for lvl 15-17 twinks. Be consistent devs and raise difficulty for lvl 15-17 toons like you did for lvl 21+.
    This would guarantee a fair competition.
    Agreed.
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    i think the timed runs thing has run its course. I don't know anyone on my friends list or guild who go after them. it was a good idea but u have a handful of players who are really good at it and dominate it and i think it's caused most people to be discouraged to do it. i'm secretly hoping there's minimal participation in this event so the devs will realize not many people do the timed runs. That way they'll be able to do away with them and implement PL's game joining system. As it is now if someone leaves during an elite run no one else can join. This is so u don't have someone come in at the last minute and get on the leaderboards for a timed run he didn't help that much with. Without timed runs we should be able to join games whenever and more people will farm elites.

I def agreed with your points. I would love to see more players farming elite like a straight up zombies like my guldies and I. I think a small change wouldn't be hard. K so you know when you pop in a elite map and the placard comes up showing the times and all that. A one line question "Would you like to play a timed run" and two sinple buttons "yes" or "no" can be added to that. You hit no and it PL all day, where ppl can join anytime. Hit yes and it's the norm. After saying all that....sorry....but I'm going to try and kill it this weekend....lol (: After that I'm with 100% HillZ!
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zuzeq For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

This is an event for rogues. Lets just accept that and move on.