Thread: Rogue - Malison vs Ripmaw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Rogue - Malison vs Ripmaw

I am using malison atm but i am not sure if i should buy ripmaw when it comes out again. Any suggestions?

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

I personally like Malison's stats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Malison, ripmaw has always been a warrior pet.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Depends. i use both for different purpose. I am hybrid rogue myself. So, if i vs against pure dex rogue, ill use malison. if i vs against hybrid rogue, then ill go with ripmaw (every rogue got their own tactic wise anyway).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

^?
    Mally.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Sorry for my bad english, i mean hybrid stats rogue ._.
    cuz at level 14 below hybrid stats rogue kinda trending now.
    and yes, malison is the best choice for rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Pretty much depending on your gameplay, style and opponent/situation.

My 2cents if it helps:

1. Mali-the thing about mali is not so much of its arcane ability but it provides boost to overall stats for better attack/def and survivability.handy when fighting skilled rogues, or even 1vs 1.its a pet that can adapt in various combat situation.

2. Ribbit-crit chance.some rogue use it for 1v1 to increase chance for critial damage.this is likely used for specific situation.

3.nexus/mccraw-mana provider when there is no healer.cn switch to refill mana and switch back to other pets.not much increase in stata but usable still.

4.slag-popular for its arcane stun buff.handy when fighting tanks, butvotherwise if your opponent using slag too.not much increase in stats its known for its arcane ability.u r a god if no one else using it and u r at the edge of death if the opposite team petting em too.

5.ripmaw-seems work better with tanks than rogues.problem is all these mhytic/arcane pets are heavily relying on its arcane ability.if u have quickhands to tapcseveral button in intense combat then you can put it for good use.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

malison has no damage bonus. Go with kettle instead. For instance, my damage with malison is 273.2. My damage with kettle is 270.2 then ADD his 10% damage bonus and my damage is 292.2 with kettle. 27 damage is significant especially when u consider it added to ur skill damage. If ur going to spend 250 plat on a mythic pet and ur a rogue then you should def get slag instead of ripmaw. My damage with slag is also 270.2 then add a 12% damage bonus and i'm close to 300.

Even loki is better than malison. My damage with loki is 2601 but then add 15% bonus damage and I'm right at 300.
    Wrathjaw is good too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

I agree, Loki is an overlooked pet for Rogues. I wouldn't say he is better than Malison because Mali is so versatile and provides a lot of extra dodge (at the cost of DMG).

Loki's Arcane grants DEX and HP, happiness bonus gives 15% DMG and mana regen, so he is a good pet to have in your stable. He is third in my pet rotation (Mali, Wrathjaw, Loki).

I tend to think that Ribbit is an overused pet for Rogues. His only usefulness is for 3 seconds out of 30, and his other stats are better suited for Warriors, yet I see a lot of Rogues with him - much to their detriment if they cannot land a Crit Aimed Shot. Having a Warrior or Sorc around to Shield or Stun completely negates Ribbit usage.

I keep wanting to purchase Slag, but I just don't think that his stats justify the high plat cost - especially when Mali provides better stats overall (other than the DMG bonus).

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    I agree, Loki is an overlooked pet for Rogues. I wouldn't say he is better than Malison because Mali is so versatile and provides a lot of extra dodge (at the cost of DMG).

Loki's Arcane grants DEX and HP, happiness bonus gives 15% DMG and mana regen, so he is a good pet to have in your stable. He is third in my pet rotation (Mali, Wrathjaw, Loki).

I tend to think that Ribbit is an overused pet for Rogues. His only usefulness is for 3 seconds out of 30, and his other stats are better suited for Warriors, yet I see a lot of Rogues with him - much to their detriment if they cannot land a Crit Aimed Shot. Having a Warrior or Sorc around to Shield or Stun completely negates Ribbit usage.

I keep wanting to purchase Slag, but I just don't think that his stats justify the high plat cost - especially when Mali provides better stats overall (other than the DMG bonus).
    the big advantage with slag is that his arcane ability causes panic. This is separate from a stun so if ur opponent was just stunned slag's panic will still work. I try to save his arcane for when I'm getting teamed and need to get away. Sometimes I can panic my enemies for long enough to make a quick get a way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

I wish we could trade hatched pets, or perhaps rent for a few plat (to use in one map).

I want to try Slag, but don't want to be disappointed after spending 250 plat. I can't tell you how much buyers remorse I have from buying Snowball. If I could have done a single map with Snowball prior to purchase, I guarantee that he wouldn't be in my stable right now...

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained