Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
These are all physics questions.

1.) The sun is an energy source, whereas gases are constantly being thrown into each other which is the light that we perceive (yellow). The light takes about 8 minutes to travel to Earth. (So if the sun blew up, we wouldn't know until it has happened 8 minutes later). Because the sun is so massive, it has so much energy to use up for the next billions of years, and those surface gases that we can perceive are virtually being torn apart in space once those molecules aren't as heated up (when they're not in the interior). As long as there is enough energy and a ton of a mass, that mass is realistically bending space (think of space as a sheet of rubber). More mass creates a bigger "dent" in space, and this is part of the scientific explanation for gravity. But all of this plays into how the sun can keep energy moving around even though space shouldn't be able to contain it.

2.) The sky is blue because IT DOES NOT reflect from the ocean, and vice versa.

Quick physics lesson with colors. Us humans contain cones and rods in our eyes that are made up of red, green, and blue. These are the primary colors when it comes to light for us. (Pigments/cloths/inks's primary colors are magenta, cyan, and yellow. That's why we use those ink cartridges in printers.) For instance, if I'm looking at the color red, that means both green and blue are reflecting off of it, but the actual color of red is absent. When we see the color white, it's the combination of all primary colors together. White is simply the presence of all colors - we see colors when there is the absence/bending/reflection of light. (i.e when you talk about light traveling through a triangular prism, you see color.)

So going back to the sky: it's blue because the molecules in the sky really consist of colors that reflect green and red. The sun's light consists of every color, but gives off different colors at times of days.

For me, though, I hate it when people ask me these questions that regard anything to our senses.

For instance, I could not tell you what the color red looks like, or what "sweet" tastes like.
Isn't it called plasma?