Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Endgamers think they're tough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

I've faced arcane hammer holders such as Darkko or Hardek wearing mostly legendary items including mountain teeth except mythic helm alongside Jack. We always have really close match, and either of us ends up winning after many tries.

My point here is, many rogues wearing full mythic/hooks can't beat those warriors, meaning skill > mythics.
    Last edited by TuMadreee; 06-21-2013 at 03:46 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TuMadreee View Post
    I've faced arcane hammer holders such as Darkko or Hardek wearing mostly legendary items including mountain teeth except mythic helm alongside Jack. We always have really close match, and either of us ends up winning after many tries.

My point here is, many rogues wearing full mythic/hooks can't beat those warriors, meaning skill > mythics.
    So there are noobs in end game too? So not just noobs as twinks?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

In twink matches, there are many noobs.
    In end game, there are very little noobs. You might find someone who is new to pvp very rarely, but that does not compare to a whole new player like in lower levels.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TuMadreee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Honestly, this game is gear/build > skill. There is really not much skill required to do well. I can say i've experienced this. I made a twink once and all i needed was the best or close-to-best gear and i would dominate all the undergeared players who can't afford the equivalent. Taking it to the next level, to be a good twink, all you need is a good build. Really, all you need to do is spam your skills until the other person is dead. Run around a bit. Sometimes there are specific combos to execute. This is all strategy; it's not skill. The prominent skills in this game: timing, reflex, aiming (kinda). The only skill is being able to strike first, and timing skills correctly. Also, aiming is kind of a skill but with the auto-aim it's not hard to master. That being said, gear/build comes way before skill. If you can't match their stats: striking first, aiming well, timing your pets ability, they won't help. Unless your stats are close. This is why twinking is easier than end-game. Most newbies can't afford top gear (cause they just started!) Taking your experience and money from your endgame toons and transferring it to your twinks is sorta an unfair advantage. At end-game the playing field is more level, as everyone has their chances at lucky loots, rewarding quests, and such.

Want that perfect signature like mine? Check out over here!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

here's what I thought, that twinks are avoided mythic items right?
    where's the fun goes? only in CTF? lame...

the higher the level means more skill points... and that's also mean that the enemy you'll face will be vary... those are always totally different level between twinking and end gaming...

speaking of fun, ofc everyone have different perspectives. there are people feel fun when they're killing easily... but for some others need more challenges to be able to feel satisfied... not only fun... that's a choice.

for me, it's fun enough to have my death in front of LB's char.... but it's going to be more funny when I see that my AS spam disturbing them, or I can protect the warriors in front of me with killing enemies faster than they killing my team's warrior. do you really think that warrior can survive better if rogues dont spam their AS? that's why you should play endgame...

Sent from my LG-P970 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boy View Post
    I remember I was twinking and out of nowhere endgamers would start trash talking "Oooh look at this twink" "Pretty kdr, do you leave everytime u get killed?" "Noob twink" "come at my level noob" "level up noob"
    A lot of hate comments...one day I decided to go to lvl 30 and I defeated a lot of lv 31s and they still call me twink and a noob? I don't get it..... majority of them go in a gang an rage quits after the 2nd death they get. Ok ill stop. And no I'm not giving u my IGN to stalk me.
    i really dont see the necessity of this thread..

sounds like a rant to me. Really strong opinions tho

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vholt View Post
    Honestly, this game is gear/build > skill. There is really not much skill required to do well. I can say i've experienced this. I made a twink once and all i needed was the best or close-to-best gear and i would dominate all the undergeared players who can't afford the equivalent. Taking it to the next level, to be a good twink, all you need is a good build. Really, all you need to do is spam your skills until the other person is dead. Run around a bit. Sometimes there are specific combos to execute. This is all strategy; it's not skill. The prominent skills in this game: timing, reflex, aiming (kinda). The only skill is being able to strike first, and timing skills correctly. Also, aiming is kind of a skill but with the auto-aim it's not hard to master. That being said, gear/build comes way before skill. If you can't match their stats: striking first, aiming well, timing your pets ability, they won't help. Unless your stats are close. This is why twinking is easier than end-game. Most newbies can't afford top gear (cause they just started!) Taking your experience and money from your endgame toons and transferring it to your twinks is sorta an unfair advantage. At end-game the playing field is more level, as everyone has their chances at lucky loots, rewarding quests, and such.
    Agreed.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Syylent For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baddiva View Post
    here's what I thought, that twinks are avoided mythic items right?
    where's the fun goes? only in CTF? lame...

the higher the level means more skill points... and that's also mean that the enemy you'll face will be vary... those are always totally different level between twinking and end gaming...

speaking of fun, ofc everyone have different perspectives. there are people feel fun when they're killing easily... but for some others need more challenges to be able to feel satisfied... not only fun... that's a choice.

for me, it's fun enough to have my death in front of LB's char.... but it's going to be more funny when I see that my AS spam disturbing them, or I can protect the warriors in front of me with killing enemies faster than they killing my team's warrior. do you really think that warrior can survive better if rogues dont spam their AS? that's why you should play endgame...

Take a 21 twink. Now fight against a 23 twink.. I would challenge that as being harder than 31s fighting 31s.

Go figure.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Syylent View Post
    Take a 21 twink. Now fight against a 23 twink.. I would challenge that as being harder than 31s fighting 31s.

Go figure.
    yeah... i got your point.. but still I think when I play l21 twink and I fought l19 twink is a lot easier than l31 vs l31.... do you agree?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baddiva View Post
    yeah... i got your point.. but still I think when I play l21 twink and I fought l19 twink is a lot easier than l31 vs l31.... do you agree?

To be honest my highest lvl is 26. I only experienced endgame pvp at 21 cap. 21 cap is no different sans gear upgrades as 21 today except for there was no one higher level. I can't comment on current end game because I am not there. All I can speak about is from end game friends and their experiences.

Yes (I agree).. I have never lost a fight at 21 to a lvl 20 or 19. I enjoy the 22s and 23s.. I wonder if a 31 has ever lost to a 29? I would think that gap would be even more extreme from 21 to 19.

Like Vholt said it is all about gear. I will add your connection adds a lot to it as well - then again that could be "timing". In rogue vs rogue it is all about who stuns first and longest or who crits first. In warrior vs warrior it is about who has the first heal fail... or second. I can't comment on Sorcs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Syylent View Post
    I can't comment on Sorcs.
    It's about who stuns first. d:

Want that perfect signature like mine? Check out over here!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vholt View Post
    It's about who stuns first. d:
    We had a Sorc guildie that tried out curse. It was funny listening to guild chat as he cursed a buncha rogues.

There are some rogues out there that have a crazy stun time.