Thread: lvl 9 frost bite has a skill delay?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default lvl 9 frost bite has a skill delay?

from the title itself i was just wandering if you guyz also noticed a partial delay in the release of skill when you use it? doesnt come out in an instant like previous lvls (lvl 1-6)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Yawn.

The Land Of Trolls. Graduated Medic from The Land Of Trolls.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joshtheboss View Post
    Yawn.
    Worst comment ever.

Anyways, to the OP, there is a slight skill delay animation, however you could still spam your other skills as per normal.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wendellism For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Yawn.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Useless posts are uneccesarry I got a warning from saying"lol" once and if a dev sees it I'm sure you will to..

And mages skills are pretty bad all drain ice p, ice storm light drain heave delays.. Besides fire... Should be quicker..
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jig View Post
    Useless posts are uneccesarry I got a warning from saying"lol" once and if a dev sees it I'm sure you will to..

And mages skills are pretty bad all drain ice p, ice storm light drain heave delays.. Besides fire... Should be quicker..

And what class doesn't have delayed skills?, First I am wondering if the OP is referring to GCD or if he is referring to the general skill cool down, or the release time of the skill.

The Mages skills are not much different in cooldown then all the other classes.

For example:

Birds have a delay before laying down the roots, Bears have a delay before they jump then stomp, foxes have a delay for the Pull skill, rhinos have a delay for Redemption to heal them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griffinfan View Post
    And what class doesn't have delayed skills?, First I am wondering if the OP is referring to GCD or if he is referring to the general skill cool down, or the release time of the skill.
    GCD stands for Global Cool Down, not general ^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    GCD stands for Global Cool Down, not general ^

I know, I was asking if he was referring to that or the general cooldown that incurs after you use a skill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griffinfan View Post

The Mages skills are not much different in cooldown then all the other classes.

For example:

Birds have a delay before laying down the roots, Bears have a delay before they jump then stomp, foxes have a delay for the Pull skill, rhinos have a delay for Redemption to heal them.

No, not gcd... Birds skills are instant you click and instantly shoots out.. Use a mages skill drain takes like 2 seconds to suck the hp use ice and it delays to come out and hit lightning same this is really not a big deal its a mage..
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

gcd (global cool down) whats the meaning and how , why it soppow to work or and do?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Mages have a delay to make them more balanced, and harder to use. Otherwise it would be pretty easy to pawn everyone with a mage...:2 instant heals ( cause drain too on lower lvls), 2 perfect root skills (one extreme long range), altogether very very powerful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bangyg View Post
    gcd (global cool down) whats the meaning and how , why it soppow to work or and do?
    GCD is the 1-2 second cooldown on all your skills after you hit a skill button, This prevents someone from releasing 2-6 skills at once and makes you use one skill at a time. Otherwise Birds would own pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

As a history-lover, I would immediately compare the GCD implementation to the Western European term, "balance of power".

Global cool-down (GCD) was implemented during Sewer 56 cap.
    Originally it was .5 of a second on all skills after casting any skill.
    That proved too long and people complained, so shortly after its initial release it was changed to .25 (1/4) of a second I believe.

Yes, it was hated by nearly everyone, especially birds, when it first came outZ
    It was probably the most hated thing ever besides the whole Founder's Helm, Forg Bow, etc arguments.

It wasn't just the cooldown directly that made birds fall from God Mode compared to every other class at that time (Mage and Bear).
    There was the ability of Multi-Touch before GCD; this allowed you to cast multiple skils in the same time by using all five fingers.
    Imagine that on a bird. Root, break, blind, shatter, blast in one second. That's why GCD was needed so badly.

Now the general skill cooldown has been there from the time I started PL- and probably has been there ever since.
    The cooldown times have probably shifted around to balance skills though.

The last discussion is about CRT- cast-reaction time.
    Without this mages would be overpowered, no question, as they already have mana shield and Armor buff.
    Cast reaction time has also been in PL ever since I started and goes along with general skill cooldown.
    Every skill casted has a period in frames from the point when the button was pressed to when it actually damages/hits the opponent.
    While this can be abnormally influenced by lag, even the best connection cannot loop through this reaction time.
    CRT is most prominent in mage skills- all of mage's skills, and I mean ALL, have a huge reaction time.
    As I stated before, this is because mage has the most OP skill set PvP-wise (essentially her mana shield).
    I'll break it down.
    Birds' arrows and bears' slashes have instant or minor reaction times.
    Mage's mana shield has probably the longest CRT such that mages cannot abuse it in the middle of a battle to save themselves.
    However, they can late buff it, but it is less practical.

But CRT, while it may seem pretty obvious that it is a long time for Roots and Drain (for example), it is not really that long at all.
    As I said earlier, CRT is the time between casting the skill and the damage actually being dealt.
    Roots and Drain have a CRT that is much longer but their CRT is NOT based on range, as the reaction time is NOT instantaneous.
    I mean this as in you can cast the skill within its range, it has a close to instant registration, but the damage is dealt after, even when the target is now out of the skill's range.
    This is how Heart Drain works. You can cast at 12M, get repulsed, or simply run off in different directions, and then have the opponent magically drop dead at 14M away.
    The thing to consider here while measuring true CRT, is just how long your opponent and you need to be within 12M originally for the skill to hit and LATER deal damage.
    It does not matter how much longer after you have to wait for the skill to dealthe actual damage- there have been cases where I have cast Drain on a bird, gotten killed, and then Drain killed the bird after I had died.
    There are cases where this occurs with Roots as well.
    Then in this case, Roots and Drain have pretty instant casting times as well, as once they do hit within that period of time within 12M, it does not matter how much longer you have to wait because the damage is already guaranteed to occur.
    This actually occurs with the skill Lightning as well. Shoot within 8M, it takes a short amount of time to register, and thenget Beckon Stomped 15M away but still have it hit.

So yes, Frost Bite, Firestorm, and all of Mage's skills have that obvious delay, but it is really not too long of a delay.
    You can test it with Frost Bite. Cast it and you can see it trailing off for 12M if the target stands still.
    Now cast it and have the target run away as soon as possible. Does it still hit in the same amount of time that it took for 12M away? Yes, the ice ball just teleports and hits the target after it travels 12M.
    Even when the target moves out of the way before the ice ball hits them, if they moved after you had cast the skill, they will still get hit.

The true CRT of Frost Bite is in reality much lower than you expect, but Arrows from Archer are still many times faster, explaining why your Frost Bite might be cast but you die before it even registers.
    That is why you always hide behind bears and pray for a dodge streak as a pure INT mage with under 10 dodge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Nice book whirl when's it gonna be published
    Veni Vidi Vici

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

There is a delay in the bear's vengeful slash.