Howdy all!

Summertime brings us a lot of things: Swimming, beaches, ice cream, sunburns, long days, sleeping late, and YARD WORK! Ugh...

Anyway, while mowing today, I was listening to my playlist of over 2,000 of my favorite songs. I listen to music to help pass time while I work, study, drive, and even while playing games. Music has done a lot for me throughout the years. It has brought me joy and laughter. It has taught me lessons on life. It has helped me get through hard times and brought several tears to my eyes. Music also provides me memories which I will always hold dear to my heart.

Today, I have decided to begin make threads every so often to share with each of you the songs which have given so much to me over the years. I will provide the stories behind them and a little history on the songs/artists themselves.

Today's song is "Hook" by Blues Traveler. This song came out in the early '90's while I was in the last days of my high school career. Blues Traveler was a new band and several friends had told me about them, but I refused to listen. One day, I was at my best friends house and we were watching MTV (back in the day, they actually played music videos! Go figure!) and the video for "Hook" came on. Even though the video made NO sense to me at the time, I was drawn in to the voice of lead singer John Popper. We immediately left his house and I bought the cd. We listened to that cd driving around town for hours and was always on our playlist each time we went riding around.

A couple of years ago, I was lucky enough to see Blues Traveler at a small benefit concert in Alabama. They sounded amazing and I stood literally 10 feet away from Mr. Popper. Below is the video which started my love for this band. I have chosen this song because it relates to the forums soooo much, it's uncanny. Here it is:

Can you tell me why it relates to the forums nowadays?

Thanks for taking the time to read and I will continue providing more of these threads in the near future.