Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Way To Organize Pets

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Default A Way To Organize Pets

Title pretty much gets the suggestion across. An organizational implementation would be fantastic rather than scrolling through 30-50 pets for one I want to use. Perhaps add a pet slot to the gear preloads in the inventory, or just add separate preloads to the pet tab. Another option would be the ability to arrange pets in the order we wish, rather than by their level via default.

Excerpt from a below post:

My idea is to keep this simple. Since only 6 pets fit on the stable screen at first-glance (for Chrome users), my suggestion is to let players number our pets 1-10 to create a specific order for the first 10 pets on the list. The number will be identified on the pet's name bar (ex: 1. Shiloh, 2. Ribbit, 3. Deary, etc.), and these bars will also be colored yellow (or something other than green). Any pet after 10 will be defaulted to organization by level as it currently is, with their name bar colored green. Players do not have to utilize all 10 slots if they choose not to. If they only want to order 3 pets 1-3, and have the rest default by level/XP, they can do so.
    Last edited by Taejo; 07-19-2013 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Grammar !

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Taejo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Taejo - I couldn't agree more. Over the course of the next couple seasons it's only going to get more and more difficult to scroll through all the pets. And while I do like how it's organized by level - occasionally you might want a low level pet that doesn't cost 3000 gold an hour to feed, switching back and forth gets cumbersome.
    ORIGINAL ART BY CARLOS ORTEGA ELIZALDE
    46 R/W/M | <E N I G M A T I C> | CARROTS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

They should just have categories such as dragons, rams, turtles, wolves, etc and the player could rearrange the pets in the same category.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

+999999999.99999

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

alphabetical order forme might be better LOL

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    Another option would be the ability to arrange pets in the order we wish, rather than by their level via default.
    this looks good
    .. RETIRED ..
    L31 PvE & L21 PvP
    ...Arcane Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

All great ideas - thanks everyone. Hopefully this gets taken into consideration, and soon. I now have too many pets, many of which I like to use but get annoyed searching for them. The pets at the top of my list are some of the first ones I ever got, and I don't use them anymore. However, they are stuck at the top of the list because they are high L30 or 31

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Yes, "necroing" this thread. Mainly because an expansion with new pets is only weeks away, and soon many of us will go from 40+ pets to possibly 45-50 pets. I thought this weekend with double pet XP would be a great opportunity to organize my pets by gauging their XP levels... not working too well.

My idea is to keep this simple. Since only 6 pets fit on the stable screen at first-glance (for Chrome users), my suggestion is to let players number our pets 1-10 to create a specific order for the first 10 pets on the list. The number will be identified on the pet's name bar (ex: 1. Shiloh, 2. Ribbit, 3. Deary, etc.), and these bars will also be colored yellow (or something other than green). Any pet after 10 will be defaulted to organization by level as it currently is, with their name bar colored green. Players do not have to utilize all 10 slots if they choose not to. If they only want to order 3 pets 1-3, and have the rest default by level/XP, they can do so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

A keyboard shortcut for pets in the stable, preferably 6 pets, like numbers 5 to 10 on your keyboard.

I only use a couple of pets when I pvp as well as pvp (at most 6, rotation), tho I am a Beastmaster.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

i hav mainly str giving pets. currently on my stable:
    snagg, ribbit, loki,rocky, deary,guapo, deston(for speed), barney(got from quest).
    These all 8 pets r sufficient for me lol.
    last pet tht i only need is malison.
    so i.dnt hav problem.scrolling so mch LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Yes pls i have like 41 omfg -_-
    *le bump*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Pets are the heart of this game. I would like to be able to make better use of my pets. Please add a new customizable buttons on screen for pets summoning (similar to skills) - I would even spend some skill points for additional buttons like that.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=88929&dateline=136981  8890
    Signature created by marshmallow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

My god, the amount of +1s I give to this suggestion are too damn high.
    #RogueLyfe
    This absolutely wonderful work of art was done by the photoshop genius vholt. Get your own one here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I would like them to color code the pets (rare green, epic purple, legendary pink, mythic orange, arcane red) just like they do gear in my inventory. Because after you hatch an egg, there is no way to see which ones are legendary or epic after the fact.

But I do like the way they are sorted. It just is logical that you will level up the pets you use most often to the highest levels, so those are the ones shown on top of the list, while the ones you didn't level much are at the bottom of the list. I don't see any logic in changing that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I would like them to color code the pets (rare green, epic purple, legendary pink, mythic orange, arcane red) just like they do gear in my inventory. Because after you hatch an egg, there is no way to see which ones are legendary or epic after the fact.

But I do like the way they are sorted. It just is logical that you will level up the pets you use most often to the highest levels, so those are the ones shown on top of the list, while the ones you didn't level much are at the bottom of the list. I don't see any logic in changing that.
    Thanks for the feedback, however, you're missing the logic of my idea. As I previously stated, all the pets outside of the player's organizational list will be default-organized by level/alphabetical order as they currently are. I did not say we should take that aspect away - just augment it with a way for players to quickly find the pet they want and return to playing. Many players enjoy using multiple pets. As in my case, I currently use 12 different pets for different encounters/situations out of 46 total owned. Having a list of 46 pets (soon to be more come expansion release), why should I have to scroll through this terribly long list to find the pet I want to use - especially when trying to change them 'on-the-fly'? This is a "casual" game, and to say that it's logical for all players to have the time to level their favorite pets to the top of the list is, in my opinion, not logical at all. But alright, let's say I did have the time to level a majority of them up to the level cap. Now let's say I have a list of 20 L31 pets organized in alphabetical order. However, I still only enjoy using 12 of them, and I'm starting to enjoy others that aren't level capped. EDIT: What if I don't want Abigail on top, but rather, the 3 level 17 pets (example mode still) that I am trying to level up and use on top instead? You see, I am still left with the original problem having to scroll through the list to find the non-capped pets that I want to use. Not to mention, those who rename their pets have to memorize 20 names for them to easily find the pet they want to use. Having a list you can personally organize minimizes the amount of brain power we need to expend on doing something as simple as summoning a pet.

I don't think this suggestion is asking too much. If we can't organize (at least 10-12) and have fun with this plethora of pets available to us, then what is the point of having all of them outside of the achievements? Players may as well focus on getting the overpowered arcane pets and just feed them hourly. But what's the fun in that for the rest of us?
    Last edited by Taejo; 07-19-2013 at 03:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Also forgot to add emphasis on the additive function of opting out of using this - which you might like, Energizeric. When you click on your pet, there will be a button called "Order" or "Add to List". When you press it, you choose from 1-10 available slots to place the order preference of your pet. All other slots will remain open but not be shown on the primary pet list. For example, let's say I want Ribbit to be #1 and Shiloh to be #2, but 3-10 vacant. My primary pet list will now show:

1. Ribbit (with yellow shaded box)
    2. Shiloh (with yellow shaded box)
    Vixen (assuming he's level 31; with green shaded box)
    Nexus (assuming he's level 29; with green shaded box)
    Aspen (assuming he's level 17; with green shaded box)
    Etc...

I also like your idea about the boxes representing the rarity of the pet by color. Maybe this can be incorporated into the idea somehow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Sounds good, as long as the system is optional.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Well, I don't really want to necro threads, but pls devs...
    Do something about this pet system. It's really a pain to fish out the pet u need.
    Sorting them by lvl is not a solution at all...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Fully agreed on this one! Leave it as it is and let it be default option, but make it editable, so we can sort them/organize them the way we feel. I don't think it's hell of a problem, but sometimes it can be pain in the a** to scroll down and find pet you need at that very moment. +1

AL: Insomniack [lvl36 Warrior]
    PL: Skitbang [lvl16 Bear]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

I was going to leave this issue alone - but with the new pets being very nice in terms of stats and abilities, and loads of fun to play with, this thread deserves a bump.

Devs: Has any consideration been made towards this? Many players will have 50+ pets very soon...