Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2013-06-13 Content Update (122953)

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    The reason we don't put stats or bonuses on Vanity items is because at that point it's no longer vanity if you HAVE TO HAVE IT to min/max. This is not something we will ever do in AL.

As for the statless Amulet, it's a choice one has to make when farming specifically for loot to opt out of additional stats to have a better chance to reroll. Best of luck!
    The major problem here is that there is no notification the let one know that they're paying 150p for a statless L1 amulet. There should at least be a way to try on the items to see the stats before you buy them in the plat store. It's quite obvious that numerous players are feeling this as you can see how fast the item is being tossed into the auction to try to recoup some of the financial loss. I have to wonder, why make the item a mythic class item, that just makes players thing it's something to covet with better stats that legendary items. Couldn't it have just been a vanity item that went into the pendent slot, that would also give a reason to have vanity in the auction house as well; two birds, one very large boulder.

As far as choice goes, there isn't really going to be any. Players who opt to keep the item and farm will most definitely just have a loadout that has the item equipped and switch on the final seconds on the boss. I don't see how adding a "bonus" to a vanity item makes it a HAVE TO HAVE IT item, but if that is where AL is going in comparison to the other games a head up before rather than after would be appreciated. I will def keep this information in mind for future items that have any additional bonuses as I will be expecting them to follow suit.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gluttony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Farming crates with luck?
    Jarl is easy ... er with speed!
    What other stats do you need???
    farming is hard except for a chosen few
    like darkko, zuzeq, me and you
    because we get on a roll and bring the pew pew

I get along without extra luck just fine
    and pretty soon all those pinks will be mine
    all it really takes is good friends and a little time

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    This choice I have down pat
    I will not spend 150 plats
    on an amulet with no stats.

(see what i did there?)
    Totally agree I want to recuperate my platinum. I hoped it had stats.

Lady_Pebbles

Theres a few problems to address here...

First of all, the amulet is a MYTHIC item not a vanity. Its not blue and doesn't go under the vanity slots so why not give it stats?!?! Absolutely makes no sense in making Mythics also be Vanities! Smh.

Second, view the attached screenshot of the new arena... a lvl20 player in my party was able to join the instance. No bueno!

Third, the bosses plus the poisonous smoke = insta death/1 hit kill. No point in playing when we respawn for free we can't re-enter because of the laterns hope thats fixed soon too. -.-

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_2013-06-13-14-20-59.png  

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    The reason we don't put stats or bonuses on Vanity items is because at that point it's no longer vanity if you HAVE TO HAVE IT to min/max. This is not something we will ever do in AL.

As for the statless Amulet, it's a choice one has to make when farming specifically for loot to opt out of additional stats to have a better chance to reroll. Best of luck!
    Aww, fair enough though.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

another from some interesting updates.

just that amulet i must agree with the statements ppl made before me.
    the description is clear for me so i didnt expected to have it some stats, it says only 15% luck nothing more. its not something a mythic rarity items should have. it should be better the legendary items (arcane better then mythic). i dont understand why u didnt make it a vanity item (like big luck in pl and sl).
    it was the decision between sacrificing my stats and gaining 15% luck. its not really worth it. u can just buy elixir for 4 plat and have more reroll chance (even when the amulet stacks with elixirs and its permanent, its really not worth 150 plat and trying to switch in a boss fight paying nothing bad will happen and make it in time) buying an elixir is far more easier and thers a higher chance on a reroll and u dont undertake such risk as by switching amulets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Amazing update! I'm sure everyone here that plays AL is very proud of everyone that has worked so hard making these games and constant updates!
    P.S: I'm buying all lep. amulets, pm me in-game: Calmedfear
    BUYING A NEW SIGNATURE PIC - PM ME!
    READ ME TO RE-SPARK POCKET LEGENDS!
    Click Me! Or Click Me! Or Click Both!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Just wondering, are the pendants meant to be sellable?

Feels like they messed that up

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #69
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Natrich View Post
    Just wondering, are the pendants meant to be sellable?

Feels like they messed that up
    Everything that you purchase from the store, with the exception of vanities, is tradeable.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #70
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

Theres a few problems to address here...

First of all, the amulet is a MYTHIC item not a vanity. Its not blue and doesn't go under the vanity slots so why not give it stats?!?! Absolutely makes no sense in making Mythics also be Vanities! Smh.

Second, view the attached screenshot of the new arena... a lvl20 player in my party was able to join the instance. No bueno!

Third, the bosses plus the poisonous smoke = insta death/1 hit kill. No point in playing when we respawn for free we can't re-enter because of the laterns hope thats fixed soon too. -.-

The Mythic amulet's stats are +15% Luck. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some may not feel that stat is worth calling it Mythic, others might.

Players can use join friend and guild join to get in. If that's happening and you don't want it to, then remove them from your friends list and/or form a party that doesn't have people doing that.

Regarding the environmental effects (like the poisonous smoke), once you learn how they work and what you need to do to avoid / overcome them, they won't seem so bad. Every time something is new out, it is more challenging until people learn the strategies for them.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #71
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    The major problem here is that there is no notification the let one know that they're paying 150p for a statless L1 amulet. There should at least be a way to try on the items to see the stats before you buy them in the plat store. It's quite obvious that numerous players are feeling this as you can see how fast the item is being tossed into the auction to try to recoup some of the financial loss. I have to wonder, why make the item a mythic class item, that just makes players thing it's something to covet with better stats that legendary items. Couldn't it have just been a vanity item that went into the pendent slot, that would also give a reason to have vanity in the auction house as well; two birds, one very large boulder.

As far as choice goes, there isn't really going to be any. Players who opt to keep the item and farm will most definitely just have a loadout that has the item equipped and switch on the final seconds on the boss. I don't see how adding a "bonus" to a vanity item makes it a HAVE TO HAVE IT item, but if that is where AL is going in comparison to the other games a head up before rather than after would be appreciated. I will def keep this information in mind for future items that have any additional bonuses as I will be expecting them to follow suit.
    Where were you told that it would have other stats than Luck?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Swede For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Regarding the environmental effects (like the poisonous smoke), once you learn how they work and what you need to do to avoid / overcome them, they won't seem so bad. Every time something is new out, it is more challenging until people learn the strategies for them.
    i actually agree with this. In a guild run we had two tanks and two rogues and we were averaging 5 bosses in 9 1/2 min. It may be hard to see on a phone but on tablet u can see there's a little sliver you can stand in between the smoke clouds and pew pew til ur heart is content. There's that one pumpkin that gets targeted alot but if you stand in the lower right you can attack just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    Where were you told that it would have other stats than Luck?
    swede, i don't think glut is talking about technicalities. "technically" ur right, no where did u guys say it did anything other than provide luck. Common sense wise tho, who would want an amulet that didn't provide any stats except 15% reroll? I didn't buy one myself but assumed they had some stats associated with them because to me it seems silly to run handicapped. I feel like you should make it a vanity banner instead of an amulet. All people are going to do is make loadouts and switch right before boss is dead so they really aren't choosing between luck or stats anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    swede, i don't think glut is talking about technicalities. "technically" ur right, no where did u guys say it did anything other than provide luck. Common sense wise tho, who would want an amulet that didn't provide any stats except 15% reroll? I didn't buy one myself but assumed they had some stats associated with them because to me it seems silly to run handicapped. I feel like you should make it a vanity banner instead of an amulet. All people are going to do is make loadouts and switch right before boss is dead so they really aren't choosing between luck or stats anyway.
    +1.

Robhawk

Its easy - just dont buy this amulet and devs will rethink!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

At least +10 str/int/dex would be appreciative!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

A bit off from the above topic and maybe ive just missed it somewhere, but when should we be expecting the end of season 4/next expansion? Going on the previous timeline i was guessing the end of next week but havent seen any news on it. Is this season just going to be going on a little longer than the last or is the news on it just going to be last minute? Thx.
    ERDNASE
    Retired Co-Master/Guild Elder of
    CHIVALROUS UNION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

While everyone is complaining about the amulet that could get them better loot...I'm curious about the whole curse update. Is there like a certain % that is being reflected back? If so what is that % and are you planning on decreasing the cooldown for it? >_<

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Imjebus View Post
    While everyone is complaining about the amulet that could get them better loot...I'm curious about the whole curse update. Is there like a certain % that is being reflected back? If so what is that % and are you planning on decreasing the cooldown for it? >_<
    They have a respec event coming up so it might have to wait till then for testing. Big thing though is it will require a tank to take the hits for you to be effective

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default 2013-06-13 Content Update (122953)

If u buy the the pendant from the auction house can u still get the banner and achievement or only when u buy the bundle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    They have a respec event coming up so it might have to wait till then for testing. Big thing though is it will require a tank to take the hits for you to be effective
    Haha well I decided to test it. As I'm a twink I figured it would help me with 1v1's but I noticed the % of reflected damage changes. It went from 18% to 80% then to 60% lol. So I don't know how effective it really is. o_O and that's when they were critting 400+ on me. (which at level 10 is rather high I must add ;D)