Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2013-06-13 Content Update (122953)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    The reason we don't put stats or bonuses on Vanity items is because at that point it's no longer vanity if you HAVE TO HAVE IT to min/max. This is not something we will ever do in AL.

As for the statless Amulet, it's a choice one has to make when farming specifically for loot to opt out of additional stats to have a better chance to reroll. Best of luck!
    The major problem here is that there is no notification the let one know that they're paying 150p for a statless L1 amulet. There should at least be a way to try on the items to see the stats before you buy them in the plat store. It's quite obvious that numerous players are feeling this as you can see how fast the item is being tossed into the auction to try to recoup some of the financial loss. I have to wonder, why make the item a mythic class item, that just makes players thing it's something to covet with better stats that legendary items. Couldn't it have just been a vanity item that went into the pendent slot, that would also give a reason to have vanity in the auction house as well; two birds, one very large boulder.

As far as choice goes, there isn't really going to be any. Players who opt to keep the item and farm will most definitely just have a loadout that has the item equipped and switch on the final seconds on the boss. I don't see how adding a "bonus" to a vanity item makes it a HAVE TO HAVE IT item, but if that is where AL is going in comparison to the other games a head up before rather than after would be appreciated. I will def keep this information in mind for future items that have any additional bonuses as I will be expecting them to follow suit.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gluttony For This Useful Post:

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    The major problem here is that there is no notification the let one know that they're paying 150p for a statless L1 amulet. There should at least be a way to try on the items to see the stats before you buy them in the plat store. It's quite obvious that numerous players are feeling this as you can see how fast the item is being tossed into the auction to try to recoup some of the financial loss. I have to wonder, why make the item a mythic class item, that just makes players thing it's something to covet with better stats that legendary items. Couldn't it have just been a vanity item that went into the pendent slot, that would also give a reason to have vanity in the auction house as well; two birds, one very large boulder.

As far as choice goes, there isn't really going to be any. Players who opt to keep the item and farm will most definitely just have a loadout that has the item equipped and switch on the final seconds on the boss. I don't see how adding a "bonus" to a vanity item makes it a HAVE TO HAVE IT item, but if that is where AL is going in comparison to the other games a head up before rather than after would be appreciated. I will def keep this information in mind for future items that have any additional bonuses as I will be expecting them to follow suit.
    Where were you told that it would have other stats than Luck?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Swede For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Regarding the environmental effects (like the poisonous smoke), once you learn how they work and what you need to do to avoid / overcome them, they won't seem so bad. Every time something is new out, it is more challenging until people learn the strategies for them.
    i actually agree with this. In a guild run we had two tanks and two rogues and we were averaging 5 bosses in 9 1/2 min. It may be hard to see on a phone but on tablet u can see there's a little sliver you can stand in between the smoke clouds and pew pew til ur heart is content. There's that one pumpkin that gets targeted alot but if you stand in the lower right you can attack just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    Where were you told that it would have other stats than Luck?
    swede, i don't think glut is talking about technicalities. "technically" ur right, no where did u guys say it did anything other than provide luck. Common sense wise tho, who would want an amulet that didn't provide any stats except 15% reroll? I didn't buy one myself but assumed they had some stats associated with them because to me it seems silly to run handicapped. I feel like you should make it a vanity banner instead of an amulet. All people are going to do is make loadouts and switch right before boss is dead so they really aren't choosing between luck or stats anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    swede, i don't think glut is talking about technicalities. "technically" ur right, no where did u guys say it did anything other than provide luck. Common sense wise tho, who would want an amulet that didn't provide any stats except 15% reroll? I didn't buy one myself but assumed they had some stats associated with them because to me it seems silly to run handicapped. I feel like you should make it a vanity banner instead of an amulet. All people are going to do is make loadouts and switch right before boss is dead so they really aren't choosing between luck or stats anyway.
    +1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post

No one is selling it for the finantial loss, they are selling it to make gold. if u pay 500 plat for 500k gold, u can use that 500 plat, buy 3 amulets, place them in cs for 400k and you wil get 1.2 million and still keep 50 plat. For ppl u use plat for gold its a great deal!