Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bow-Ties.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamoni View Post
    What I've found is you can wear a paper sack and make it look great if you feel confident and attractive in it. Conversely, you can make the most amazing outfit look like crap if you slouch and feel unattractive and fidget the whole time. If you feel amazing in your bow ties, wear it and enjoy the second glances
    I would dare to say confidence can make something look even more eccentric, if it is too excessive. Too much confidence can show that the person wearing it knows it's unusual and is entirely at peace with that, which may cause for even more people to consider it less attractive and strange.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    I would dare to say confidence can make something look even more eccentric, if it is too excessive. Too much confidence can show that the person wearing it knows it's unusual and is entirely at peace with that, which may cause for even more people to consider it less attractive and strange.
    Could you have a quiet word with my Dad please?

Trulyhappy Officer of TCG
    It's not always rainbows and butterflies
    It's compromise that moves us along.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to The Happiness For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    Same outfit, different angles. Just tried this look out today to see how it looked.

Bowtie does not match, brah. You have two conflicting themes going on. Note, I do realize that you're going for the casual bow-tie look but to me, it seems like you over did the casual and then just slapped on the bow-tie.

1. Dress shirt and leather jacket? Whoa, whoa, take a step back... If you're going for casual/formal, dress shirt with some nice jeans and casual, but tidy and clean shoes.

2. If you are wearing a solid color dress shirt, the striped bow-tie is a no no. You just cannot pull off a random speck of striped on an otherwise completely solid clothes scheme. I learned from my gf the hard way. xD

That's just my opinion, sorry if it offends you.

If you insist on that look then I'd recommend a black leather jacket with blue/black jeans and a nice solid color dress shirt beneath, preferably white. Also, keep. the. bow-tie. solid. Then, on top of that, do something with your hair. Let me know how you like it.
    Last edited by Zeus; 06-18-2013 at 06:49 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Bowtie does not match, brah. You have two conflicting themes going on. Note, I do realize that you're going for the casual bow-tie look but to me, it seems like you over did the casual and then just slapped on the bow-tie.

1. Dress shirt and leather jacket? Whoa, whoa, take a step back... If you're going for casual/formal, dress shirt with some nice jeans and casual, but tidy and clean shoes.

2. If you are wearing a solid color dress shirt, the striped bow-tie is a no no. You just cannot pull off a random speck of striped on an otherwise completely solid clothes scheme. I learned from my gf the hard way. xD

That's just my opinion, sorry if it offends you.

If you insist on that look then I'd recommend a black leather jacket with blue/black jeans and a nice solid color dress shirt beneath, preferably white. Also, keep. the. bow-tie. solid. Then, on top of that, do something with your hair. Let me know how you like it.
    You go against a leather jacket then suggest it? >.>

Meh, I would never wear a bow tie unless it were Burberry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Spending over 50$ on a bow tie seems a bit stupendous. If I had an abundant supply of greenbacks, I might consider it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Spending over 50$ on a bow tie seems a bit stupendous. If I had an abundant supply of greenbacks, I might consider it.
    I believe Burberry's are $150. That's how much my tie was.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KingFu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

If he insists on wearing one because I have notice that he is a man who loves his leather jackets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

I got my skinny tie for $20 at Urban Outfitters. It's cool because no one cares what brand my tie is and it looks nice.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to WoundedEagle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle View Post
    I got my skinny tie for $20 at Urban Outfitters. It's cool because no one cares what brand my tie is and it looks nice.
    Bingo, my man.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cascade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

I got my black bow tie for 10 bucks at sears, and i look fanfriggintastic in it. sup

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Most of my ties and bow ties I get for around 10$.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle View Post
    People knowledged with that sort of thing will notice the brand. Not just the matter of it being a designer brand, also the quality it's made with. Not to mention I loved Burberry's patterns, and since they're patented, knock offs can only come so close. When you can tell the fakes from the real thing, it's different.

Same with suits, only with suits there's no point in spending a lot if it doesn't fit well/you don't get it professionally tailored. If you don't know suits well, you can't tell them apart. However if you do know them well, you can tell a nice designer one from a cheap Mervyn's one.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to KingFu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Tie: 7$

Shirt: 20$

Pants: 20$

Watch: 5$

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Nice man.

You managed to pull off a look, IMO. Makes you look older and more mature

Now, don't make me list prices on my jeans and clothes, LOL!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Looks pretty perfect to me. Well done : )
    ign - Bbiancaa. feel free to add.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I do not care about bow ties or other things, but i have things to say. First, it should never be about the brand or the price, it is about quality and how long the product can last. ( also about if it looks good on you etc. )

You should spend your money on Quality, not the Brand. Brand does not always tell you that that product is super quality, like also, it does not give you any status or make you get appreciation from other people ...

On the other hand, there is a quote that i like so much and my father also used to say it to me. It is, "i am not rich enough to buy cheap things". Cheap here, actually, does not point out its Price, it is because "too cheap" products tend to be made of poor quality and it can be told by other people by observations (sorry to say). when the quality of the goods is cheap, they will soon deteriorate and taking a new one will cost you more expensive than the expensive good itself. For sure, there are exceptions and these exceptions usually occur, especially when the BRAND(you know what i mean) price is added to those products. whereas, you can buy a product from a *good quality- not that popular brand* at the same quality with that *high end -popular brand* for a cheaper price. what is more, in order to disprove that quote, i can give you examples. One of them : there is/are goods ( or clothes) which i have been using for years and which i bought from a *not popular* (or even unknown) market for cheaper prices, But, i have bought also goods from *X brand* and i paid much more money for them, but they deteriorated very soon and became a trash. But this happens RARELY.

Be aware that you are not paying for the brand, pay for the quality.

P.s. : cheap products tend to be made from materials that are harmful to human health, especially if we are talking about clothing.
    Last edited by Bbnc; 06-20-2013 at 05:08 AM.
    ign - Bbiancaa. feel free to add.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bbnc View Post
    I do not care about bow ties or other things, but i have things to say. First, it should never be about the brand or the price, it is about quality and how long the product can last. ( also about if it looks good on you etc. )

You should spend your money on Quality, not the Brand. Brand does not always tell you that that product is super quality, like also, it does not give you any status or make you get appreciation from other people ...

On the other hand, there is a quote that i like so much and my father also used to say it to me. It is, "i am not rich enough to buy cheap things". Cheap here, actually, does not point out its Price, it is because "too cheap" products tend to be made of poor quality and it can be told by other people by observations (sorry to say). when the quality of the goods is cheap, they will soon deteriorate and taking a new one will cost you more expensive than the expensive good itself. For sure, there are exceptions and these exceptions usually occur, especially when the BRAND(you know what i mean) price is added to those products. whereas, you can buy a product from a *good quality- not that popular brand* at the same quality with that *high end -popular brand* for a cheaper price. what is more, in order to disprove that quote, i can give you examples. One of them : there is/are goods ( or clothes) which i have been using for years and which i bought from a *not popular* (or even unknown) market for cheaper prices, But, i have bought also goods from *X brand* and i paid much more money for them, but they deteriorated very soon and became a trash. But this happens RARELY.

Be aware that you are not paying for the brand, pay for the quality.

P.s. : cheap products tend to be made from materials that are harmful to human health, especially if we are talking about clothing.
    I concur. If you're wise with what brand you're investing in, the quality will be of worth for your money though. I've also overpayed for brands that weren't reliable and regretted it later. However when I came across brands that worked for me, I continued to buy from them. I've found it's more so what brand works best for the specific person. Some people can see the reasoning in paying more for the brand since it increases the quality and appeal if you know where to go. Others don't see it as a practicality and possibly never will, just different point of views.

I'm the type that would sooner spend the money then and there for something that I know is of quality. I won't mind spending whatever dollar figure if it means I'm getting a brand I've had good experience with and trust. I agree that there are some less expensive alternatives with quality that is on par with the more expensive ones, but trying to find one of those can lead to throwing a lot of money down the drain if they don't last.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I concur. If you're wise with what brand you're investing in, the quality will be of worth for your money though. I've also overpayed for brands that weren't reliable and regretted it later. However when I came across brands that worked for me, I continued to buy from them. I've found it's more so what brand works best for the specific person. Some people can see the reasoning in paying more for the brand since it increases the quality and appeal if you know where to go. Others don't see it as a practicality and possibly never will, just different point of views.

I'm the type that would sooner spend the money then and there for something that I know is of quality. I won't mind spending whatever dollar figure if it means I'm getting a brand I've had good experience with and trust. I agree that there are some less expensive alternatives with quality that is on par with the more expensive ones, but trying to find one of those can lead to throwing a lot of money down the drain if they don't last.
    Your philosophy offends WalMart.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Your philosophy offends WalMart.
    You're not the Walmart type either!

Even just walking past there makes me feel like I need a shower :s

26. The Following User Says Thank You to KingFu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received