Thread: Orion Malison or Clyde?Need help...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Orion Malison or Clyde?Need help...

Which one should I get?Any ideas?Tks!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Malison is the most universal with best health. Clyde is good for fear ability but slag is better. I think Orion is another all around good pet that works best in groups. Really it depends what u want but my top pick out of the ones you listed would be malison. If slag was in the running I would say it's a toss up between the two.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I tot Orion was good for health while malison for attacks?What do u mean by fear ability?haha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Clyde is great for stuns and his arcane ability and in additional his high crit % bonus.

I myself am a crit mage and I use Clyde. I'm always critting my attacks with more than 25% crit on my mage which is so good for AoE damage.

I was thinking of switching in Slag or Malison also into the routine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

What do you want to use the pet for? PvE? PvP? Offensive? Defensive?

I am going to buck the trend and say the malison is a totally lame pet for a mage. What are you a rogue? Not really great for offense or defense, just mediocre for each. Only possible advantage is the aoe attack. It is going to be even more of a useless pet as we level more and the 20 stat boost means almost nothing in comparison to the 10-15% damage boost of some pets. I know people are going to dissagree with this, but just my opinion.

Clyde is for now a great pet for PvE and PvP with 30 int, 7% crit, 10 str, mostly offensive with a little defensive boost. Furthermore a good arcane ability for pvp which allows you to stun your enemy right after the stun of fireball wears off. As with above posts, if you can get slag I feel it is a very similar but better pet with the addition of a % damage boost which will be more robust with future level increases and a 10% speed boost which is helpful in pvp. Unfortunately, clyde will soon suffer the fate of malison and not be as great of a pet as we get to higher levels (slag will probably still be one of the best).

Orion a great defensive pet with also great offensive abilities. Huge health boost with 10 str and 160 health, 2% damage reduction, and debuffs to enemies with arcane and passive abilities for great defense. But also 20 int, 10% damage boost to whole party and enemy armor reduction with arcane also great for offense. Actually one of my favorite pets now for pve.

So overall, no to malison, cylde or preferably slag for pvp (but also good for pve), and orion for pve (especially nordr boss fights).