Thread: Why do people never do bosses?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Why do people never do bosses?

I witness this almost every time, people never do bosses in the questing zones. I can never get a normal party that can just stick together. I understand there are some who have quests and leave mid-zone because they completed collecting X amount or whatever, but there's also always a group when one or two people will leave zone right before the boss fight. I am currently level 23, doing first zone Jurn Woods in Nordr. I've had groups with level 26-27 in it and they all leave without even trying. I recon it will take me 2-3 days again to kill Maneater (first boss in there) if I get lucky with a group.

What gives? Anyone else experiencing this phenomenon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

they only do the map for experience, thats the answer to your question.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

Basically bosses take too long when people are grind for xp. Either that or they're doing quests since there's a daily quest at Nordr Jurn Woods. If you want to do the boss, I suggest you form a party that has the same goal in mind as you do.
    Jcyee: 76 PL Bear | 41 AL Warrior | 36 DL Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Maybe the players you've played are doing daily quest, thus they leave without bothering the boss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

try asking ur guildies fr help. They'll help u out .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

I often spend luck lix in the first two maps of Nordr. Although being lvl 31 my pets get nice XP boost from these maps and also for every lix I get at least one crate from the mobs. (Hoping for some egg, never got any though)

However, when somebody politely asks, I usually stay and help to take down boss. Depends on whom you encounter in your map. And yes, guildies should help, that's what guilds are for

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Yeah as above posters mentioned most people are grinding for xp. You can put your option to show other players buffs and when your running the map, look at their buff icons and it will give you a better idea of what their intentions are. If they have a xp buff they probably wont fight boss. Some people are leveling pets and if they dont have xp buff you might be able to get them to stay. Some people are farming and if they have a luck buff on they probably wont stay either. Another good dea is when all 4 people are on map simply ask if they mind helping kill boss, if no one answers they probably wont stay. Hope this helps you understand more about whats going on in the game :-{)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

What most of them don't know is a month ago Sam posted that in an update bosses were now given high xp rewards, so it now pays to do the boss even if you are farming for xp. Unfortunately most players do not read the forums so they don't know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    What most of them don't know is a month ago Sam posted that in an update bosses were now given high xp rewards, so it now pays to do the boss even if you are farming for xp. Unfortunately most players do not read the forums so they don't know.
    i personally dont like killing bosses with randoms cause they usually are clueless which makes me use tons of pots and it takes forever to kill it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

even so, killing bosses takes more time then killing mobs do.. if yr farming experience, the ratio of time/exp is more relevant..

Of course its kinda annoying if you are trying to do these bosses.. Especially after a cap raise people seem to at first do all the bosses, then very fast get on leveling their characters..

Doing these maps in a party seems the be a sure way you know you can finish them all the way through! Asking on gc is very effective to manage this (at least in my guild it is ).
    tc,
    Osa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Osahete View Post
    Especially after a cap raise people seem to at first do all the bosses, then very fast get on leveling their characters..
    Yes, and this is exactly the opposite of what they should do. First they should level up their characters, and then once they are stronger and have better gear they should attempt to fight the bosses.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Yes, and this is exactly the opposite of what they should do. First they should level up their characters, and then once they are stronger and have better gear they should attempt to fight the bosses.
    I totally agree, tho this is clearly not the way the game is played by many out there ^.^

And yet: every player is different... can't really say much about that in the end... to each his own as they say