Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
I don't use Gale and probably won't even after this update, but just a thought.... Isn't +25% dodge better than +50% armor?

+25% dodge effectively reduces the damage you take by 25% since one in four hits will now miss you.

Does +50% armor reduce your damage by 25%? I doubt it. If it did, that would mean your base armor would reduce damage by 50% which I know it doesn't.

Seems like the dodge is better than the armor. I suppose against a rogue the armor will guarantee you won't be one hit, while the dodge just gives a chance at that, but overall the dodge will cause you to incur less damage over time.
Good point. It think it depends. If you are sustaining a lot of little hits over time, then I would go with the 25% dodge. If you are facing the situation where you periodically sustain large hits that come very close to killing you, then I would go for the armor boost. I think the major problem with our class is that our damage and our armor is so low that we are prone to getting one-shotted in elite levels, particularly by the bosses. 25% dodge may prevent you from getting one-shotted every 1 out of 4 times, but I think increased armor is far better. If find my survivability against elite bosses substantially improved with only minor changes to health, armor and damage reduction in comparison to a 50% armor boost. I think that a 50% armor boost is really going to help us out a lot in terms of survivability with big hits from elite bosses, alowig us to survive far more than 1 out of every 4 hits that used to one shot us.