Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Gale Force Changes

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #61
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

There are many factors that go in to Dodge calculations but the main factor that made me make the change is that dodge is not very effective at all in PvP, armor is much more valuable. 25% Dodge could arguably be a little bit better in PvE, as long as you don't get unlucky. Armor is more consistent in all cases.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Holy Hall is that awesome!

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I tried hauntlet, and Gale is now awesome for PvE . I have yet to try it out for PvP though.
    .. RETIRED ..
    L31 PvE & L21 PvP
    ...Arcane Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

For me I don't really like the dash backwards. I played with it a bit in PVE and PVP and I feel it's too situational. I don't like having to charge a skill to avoid being thrown backwards. So I think this is a good option for those who like it but for me I don't think I'll be using it. I wasn't using gale before and I think this is some nice changes but its not for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I tried out Gale, and honestly, for a sorc its perfect. I went in pvp and it can be possible (not really preferred though) to not use a shield. This is because the dash is enough to get me out of range of aim shot and such. Then i run in, and dash back. Pretty cool.

Want that perfect signature like mine? Check out over here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Damage buff doesnt seem to work. The stat on armor doesnt add up and even tested the damage intake on ctf flags, doesnt reduce damage.
    Ballistixx
    Philippines Allstar GM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I tested gale in PVP, and here are my observations:
    - Knocking down opponents doesn't always work, if they are in the middle of a skill action, the stun doesn't work (I'm assuming the damage still takes effect)
    - When I try to time a charged gale, by the time I'm actually ready to release...I'm almost dead. The benefit of the 50% armor and gale stun, does not go hand in hand because you want your armor before the rogue hits you; if you release too early, the gale won't hit the rogue.
    - Effects of Gale stun around corners doesn't work as good; and rogues can still shoot around corners it seems.
    - The 25% increase in speed is useless for flagging. Turning back and doing a non-charge gale seems to give you a faster boost, which is weird, because you have to turn around.

It seems to be good in PVE....not so sure in PVP, unless you're 100% support only.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haowesie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    There are many factors that go in to Dodge calculations but the main factor that made me make the change is that dodge is not very effective at all in PvP, armor is much more valuable. 25% Dodge could arguably be a little bit better in PvE, as long as you don't get unlucky. Armor is more consistent in all cases.
    Ok, that explains it then. I guess since I'm more of a PvP player than a PvE player (although I do both, I spend much more time in PvP), I always think in PvP terms when I consider which skills to use.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haowesie View Post
    I tested gale in PVP, and here are my observations:
    - Knocking down opponents doesn't always work, if they are in the middle of a skill action, the stun doesn't work (I'm assuming the damage still takes effect)
    - When I try to time a charged gale, by the time I'm actually ready to release...I'm almost dead. The benefit of the 50% armor and gale stun, does not go hand in hand because you want your armor before the rogue hits you; if you release too early, the gale won't hit the rogue.
    - Effects of Gale stun around corners doesn't work as good; and rogues can still shoot around corners it seems.
    - The 25% increase in speed is useless for flagging. Turning back and doing a non-charge gale seems to give you a faster boost, which is weird, because you have to turn around.

It seems to be good in PVE....not so sure in PVP, unless you're 100% support only.
    Agreed to all the points here . I have observed the same.
    .. RETIRED ..
    L31 PvE & L21 PvP
    ...Arcane Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I think it would be better to dash forward on charge and backward without. Other boosts should work always.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=88929&dateline=136981  8890
    Signature created by marshmallow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

i go for dash forward.... backward in PVP u cant see if there's enemy .. who move backwards when walking ? Lolz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    Hmm seems like opinions are all over they place. I think it is best if you just make the changes as you see fit and then we test it out. I think any of the above changes would be welcomed and would make many happy!

But just for a crazy idea. If part of the intent of gale and dash is for running, wouldn't it be cool if with charged gale the attack fired behind you and you dashed forward. It would only make sense that a dash forward would cause a displacement of air behind you If you needed to run away from enemies in pvp, you start running, charge gale and release it to stun the people behind you chasing you and to dash ahead. This would also still make the dash useful for running flags, timed runs, and running through elite mobs to get to friends when you have to revive at the start of a map. Otherwise the backwards dash pretty much eliminates the advantage of the 25% speed boost. You can imagine that any distance you gain with a 25% speed boost would be pretty much be eliminated by a backwards dash when you are trying to run.
    tldr; make it pushed forward.

Also, please make the stun more reliable like fire stun. It's too hard to actually stun using gale.

Pushed backward is soo awkward lol. I might need some training with mobs and in pvp using it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I hav tested gale.. Sometimes the backward useful in pve boss. help us to run from the red spot. But the stuns not too reliable and the fact that i hav always charge gale force if i want to move forward is annoying lol.. I still learning how to use it. it seems weird when we accidentally not fully charge n pushed backward.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

I've tested Gale in PvP and to be honest its just MEDIOCRE, then again I don't PvP much so maybe my point is moot. (Not you moot above me, lol)

But in PvE its a different story. Its amazing. I soloed Kraken Mines Level 3 again with ease again. With Frost back then I used it mainly for the bosses or running up to freeze them all in groups, but for Gale its like a finisher to clean up after Fireball and Time wears out.

Basically I modified Gaieje's build and took out Frost for Gale and its amazing. Also took out 5/5 Dex and threw in Strength instead.

4/5 Fire
    4/5 Time
    5/5 Gale
    2/5 Life
    5/5 Int
    5/5 Crit
    5/5 Strength

I literally respecced tons of times testing the stats of passives etc and if it was worth it. This build is suitable for PvE definitely.

I run with the following pet rotation: Clyde, Wrath, Horton, Ribbit, Misty (Yes I bought Misty. Hoping it will get better stats in future).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Swap out crit for dmg, you'll see an improvement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valsacar View Post
    are you saying its better to use passive dmg other than passive crit?

i might aswell try since its free now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valsacar View Post
    5% passive damage over 5% crit?

I know at a certain point crit % might be useless? I read that somewhere on the forums, but with me maintaining a high crit %, I see crits more often from my AoE based attacks then ever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Please read the stickied thread about damage and dps, crit is also tested. 1% crit gives you about 0.35% more overall damage, 1% damage gives exactly 1% more damage. You can test it yourself by using the excel calculator listed in that thread.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Valsacar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

It only pays to do crit instead of dmg if you have lightning strike skill with the crit upgrade. And even then, its still depends on what other skills you have.