Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Gale Force Changes

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #21
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Curse takes the targets damage, not the damage output of the ability that he just used, but his damage (base damage plus stat increases from equipment etc), multiplies that by another number, depending on if you charged the ability, what upgrades you have etc and then every time the enemy that's cursed uses any ability (including base attack), he takes that number in damage. It also ignores armor.

Since it scales with the enemies damage, it should definitely scale as they grow in levels. My numbers on it might have been a bit low for a first pass though so I'll probably buff it a bit. I have to be careful though because remember that monsters won't stop attacking, like players might, so it can do a lot of damage to them really fast if they are hard hitting enemies with a high attack speed.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swede For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Thank you for all the changes you have been experimenting with, but I really think that if a dash type ability is added to this skill it needs to be in a forward direction. This is something that sorcerers have been lacking while warriors and rogues both have a dash type ability (pierce and skyward). This has really handicapped us in terms of flagging in pvp, running away from enemies or catching fleeing enemies in PvP, and doing timed runs in a few maps (especially hauntlet). My only concern was that I don't want to be dashing into a mob in pve when I am on the edge of a mob doing crowd control or into the middle of the mosh pit in PvP during big PvP battles when I am trying to stay at a distance. Perhaps you can just leave it as originally designed with the dash only with a charge skill. This keeps it from being accidentally activated (eg with a charged skill failing). I will just have to use the uncharged skill until I want to use the dash ability. And as someone else mentioned, the planned update will already increase the number of enemies hit with an uncharged skill, so not too much of a compromise. The only drawback would be not getting the armor boost by routinely using the uncharged skill. Would it be overpowered to make it so you get the armor boost with the uncharged version of the skill, and the dash with the charged version? This would be the best of both worlds in my eyes.

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #23
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

For running away from enemies in PvP, backwards is superior. You turn around and land your Gale Force on the enemies, and shoot away in the other direction. So they get crowd controlled by the gale force in addition to you dashing away. I might change it back but going to be playing PvP on the new map today and trying it out, so we'll see how it feels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

I agree with Drgrimmy, because in PVE I can't really envision a situation where I want to dash backwards. And if you are doing timed runs and you accidentally don't hold wind long enough you would now be penalized with being dashed backwards. Where as before, you keep moving at a normal speed. I think it should be dashing forward because that would be more useful in both PVP and PVE. I'd also like to see the 50% armor boost be on non-charged. Because it only lasts for 4 seconds and the cool down for wind is 5.5 seconds. So I dont think it would be over powered because you still have to wait 1.5 seconds before you can cast wind again.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

You just might have made me a new gale mage. Looking forward to update! Free respect weekend also please.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    You just might have made me a new gale mage. Looking forward to update! Free respect weekend also please.
    +1 this. Gale might become a standard mage skill like fireball. It was once upon a time when it gave 75% dodge with a 3 sec cool down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    For running away from enemies in PvP, backwards is superior. You turn around and land your Gale Force on the enemies, and shoot away in the other direction. So they get crowd controlled by the gale force in addition to you dashing away. I might change it back but going to be playing PvP on the new map today and trying it out, so we'll see how it feels.
    uhum, new pvp map? cant wait..

Lady_Pebbles

Dash moving the toon forward rather than backwards makes sense. It would be more useful against mobs & players in PvP... Especially if it does damage to our enemies when the toon strikes an enemy as a result of dashing towards them. Maybe that part could be single target (like the other class's Dash abilities uncharged) so it won't be OP.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

Dash moving the toon forward rather than backwards makes sense. It would be more useful against mobs & players in PvP... Especially if it does damage to our enemies when the toon strikes an enemy as a result of dashing towards them. Maybe that part could be single target (like the other class's Dash abilities uncharged) so it won't be OP.

Skyward smash does aoe damage, so only rogues dash does single target DMG. Besides the whole point of Gale has been to do AOE dmg.

I think gale dash forward will be fine since it'll be stunning enemies.
    Personally I would like to see the dash paired with the armor boost because it would help negate the negative effects of dashing into a mob.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jb57542 View Post
    Skyward smash does aoe damage, so only rogues dash does single target DMG. Besides the whole point of Gale has been to do AOE dmg.

I think gale dash forward will be fine since it'll be stunning enemies.
    Personally I would like to see the dash paired with the armor boost because it would help negate the negative effects of dashing into a mob.
    I can see the rationale of that too, wanting increased armor while dashing into a mob. I just felt that I would rarely want to dash into a mob during elite runs or during a huge 5v5 pvp battle, and I would want to have the 50% armor on an attack that I would use more often. Perhaps the 50% armor could apply for both the noncharged and charged versions of the skill? Nevertheless, I think I would be happy with the upgrade either way. Either way it is going to take some adapting to get used to...

Lady_Pebbles

True, but the Rogue's Dash is also AoE when they have that sub skill added for multiple targets (again only when charged). I was talking about uncharged*. Still, would be nice to have an armor boost without having to charge it too. Im all for more armor!

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 06-19-2013 at 01:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I think this is awesome. Since I use Gale Force anyway for crowd control, its like a little gift.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

I want to toss in a vote for backwards since it would works nicely with what I am experimenting with. Essentially the Mage has to rush into the crowd to drop the clock then unleash the fireball and wind and run back behind the warrior. Having it toss me out of the crowd would be nice

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Getting costly to keep respecing with all the "enhancements" to sorc skills
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Bahahaha, I think I'm going to laugh way too much when I see a blue smurf flying away...
    Or just simply making everyone mad as they stun and fly around them, abusing the new power

Great changes though!

*Also, if a sorc makes a rogue in PvP cursed, will a critted aim shot kill the rogue instantly? I'm confused

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #36
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TuMadreee View Post
    *Also, if a sorc makes a rogue in PvP cursed, will a critted aim shot kill the rogue instantly? I'm confused
    No, the Rogue will take the same amount of damage from Curse as if they had just used their basic attack. It's not dependent on how much damage they (the Rogue) actually did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    Am I the only person who saw that? So what's this new map?
    BUYING A NEW SIGNATURE PIC - PM ME!
    READ ME TO RE-SPARK POCKET LEGENDS!
    Click Me! Or Click Me! Or Click Both!

20.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #38
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

One of the reasons the mage is getting a backwards dash is to keep the different classes feeling different. It takes a bit more skill to wield well but it's a lot of fun to use the new gale force and will certainly be useful in certain PvE situations. It also makes chasing interesting and does make sorcerers a bit more formidable in PvP.

On a related note I died a couple times during testing from neglecting to notice I was cursed as I tried to pummel his shielded mage with aim shot... and paid the ultimate price. Shame.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Lol, that shielded mage was me, GF bro! Lol jk . P.S: Wooooot! My 300th post.
    BUYING A NEW SIGNATURE PIC - PM ME!
    READ ME TO RE-SPARK POCKET LEGENDS!
    Click Me! Or Click Me! Or Click Both!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Thumbs down

Hi Carapace : I know it is beside the point as topic is for Gale, for Arcane shield invulnerability is only 2 sec possible to increase to 3-4 sec non-charge? As you know the critical shot from rouges are deadly and they are fast and the cooling period for shield is slow.

For PVP usually mages uses light but the frequency of critical is not often and doesn't AOE as often too. Is this something can be tweak so we do not have to respec too often even we have light as a skill and light AOE is so infrequent for PVE.
    Last edited by will0; 06-19-2013 at 06:18 PM.