Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please Be Kind

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Actually kqala, it's unfortunate that the nice people in towns are usually the quietest and the few, immature and rude ones are the noisiest and portray themselves and the game in a poor light. If you don't like the way people are talking or you find them offensive it is best to report them using the in game report button, ignore them and add them to your mute list. Don't reply to them as they are usually attention seekers waiting to pounce on anyone they can upset or goad. They are the sad losers in life. Let them sit and chat to themselves. Don't let the experience ruin your game. There are still some wonderful people in game. You can add Thehappiness to your friend list too.

Trulyhappy Officer of TCG
    It's not always rainbows and butterflies
    It's compromise that moves us along.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to The Happiness For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    Do you happen to be one of those people kqala is talking about? Instead of a sentence like that why not try to help the situation and explain that there is a report button and kqala, if you need help feel free to pm in game if I'm on (igns at bottom of SIG) I'm still with crims latest thread about making a better community, just felt like pointing out that what josh said is not part of it
    I happen to love when people insult me in town.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Wouldn't it be funny if the op was really a troll who was doing this in game and complained here to get you all to add him as a friend so then he can curse you out. Hehe.

I think that was waaaay funnier in my head
    Last edited by Pandamoni; 06-20-2013 at 06:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Happiness View Post
    Don't reply to them as they are usually attention seekers waiting to pounce on anyone they can upset or goad. They are the sad losers in life. Let them sit and chat to themselves.
    This is why I wouldn't jump in to "defend" to OP. getting into a war of words is exactly what they're hoping for. The only way to foil them completely is to refuse to engage. Like others said, mute and move on. Anything else you do to "stop" them is just giving them the power to ruin your experience.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Ignore, Mute, Report. Don't let them get to you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Remember, nothing pisses off trolls more than when people aren't paying attention to them

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

People try. The forum community is the most mature, experienced, and friendly community you will find among endgame and twink levels of the game.
    Like it was once said about the majestic city of Rome, I would characterize our community as such: All paths lead to the forums.

You have made an unknowingly successful step in joining the forums at such a low level.
    From here on, allow us to take you under our wings.

Recently I inquired a low level player after he randomly started cursing at players in Balefort.
    I obtained the response that he experienced a similar cursing from some other high level, and thus inherited the bad disposition.
    I recommended him to the forums and to turn over a new leaf, yet the next day, he was found doing such filth and saying hateful language again.
    I later realized that some players simply cannot be helped. It is their decision to reject such help. They simply tool the game as another chat room and thus offered no respect or kindness to any of its inhabitants.
    The only path for players such as him is to get banned so more deserving players may prosper.

Whether such actions seemed harsh or not, there are those players who are unfairly pelted with unkindess by higher levels due to common occurrences and stereotypical begging or disrespect associsted with lower levels.
    While these traits are bound to occur and there is no way to reverse such discrimination, as I said before, I hope the forums offers at least a membrane of guidance and knowledge.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Whirlzap For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

I'm still wonfering what's is OP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe:1145651
    I'm still wonfering what's is OP
    ostrich poop.
    gf.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walkhardd View Post
    ostrich poop.
    U troll D:

Kqala, one of the many reasons why there are less and less players in this game. As it has already been said as there are no serious updates (lvl caps or new elite dungeons) ppl fight boredom and frustration by going more and more trollish.

Cookiez, u r starting to sound a frustrated little kiddie with ur wannabe trolls. It isn't fun, just peffedic.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dudetus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Well I'm the type of person who happens to like to win arguments (but there's times where you have to back out). When I meet people like that, I explain their stupidity to them, like a slap in the face. They start insulting my parents? I just tell them they're frustrated and mention my family members which had nothing to do with the conversation because they can't prove any valid points. At that point the offenders usually say, "Shut up nerd stupid smart (insert nono word here)." I just give them the ol "" and mute after that. It takes practice. (; But the easiest way is to just mute them. Add my IGNs. If you ever want tips on your class (except rhino.. I know a few fox tricks), PM me in game. Hope you see the game for it's better people. Don't let the offenders get to you because they have low self esteem (or maybe too high of one that they become egotistical). Good luck on your Pocket Legends adventure!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kqala View Post
    I am new to this game, but I am astonished by some of the encounters I have had. I find the game to be extremely enjoyable, but some of the players are horrible. I was in a town, looking for players with the new zombie set, and I had some very hurtful things said about me. Two players went so far as to insult and disrespect my deceased grandparents as well as use loopholes in the chat system to bombard me with profanities. I am not writing about this for sympathy, frankly I am strong enough to know that these characters do not define who I am. I am, however, calling for action. When the berating was occurring, in a very populated town, not one player stood up for me. I would like to suggest that each and every player make an effort to be kind, especially to "noobs". Players ought to welcome new players and "show them the ropes". Further, we ought to be nicer to all other players because there is no way to know what is going on on the other side of the screen. Thank you for your time.
    In real life there are places where if you are severely injured no one will do anything about it. The real world is worse than this game and only way to change the world is by having a common enemy, sadly. Changing yourself and attempting to change others will only slightly affect the ones near you. There has been attempts of fixing the ingame community and helping newbies, AoA, multiple attempts from others and devs even put things on the GUI like "helping noobs is good karma "
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

sorry you had that experience. WIth such a popular game, you will get some bad apples.

But as someone who has played PL for a little bit now, i can say that there are tons of awesome, friendly players all around you just enjoying the game. You will quickly find them and simply ignore the bad ones roaming around.
    EdtheEagle - Lvl 76 bird a.k.a. "Yeti fodder".
    Curiositee - Lvl 76 mage a.k.a. farmer alt
    Edthe Rhino - Lvl 76 Rhino / Gold Mule ha ha

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Every apple tree is going to have a few bad apples.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Not Nick41324 View Post
    Every apple tree is going to have a few bad apples.
    Not my tree.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Not Nick41324 View Post
    Every bad apple tree is going to have a few good apples.
    Fixed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

And now fighting out of the green corner weighing in at 180 lbs hailing from no where in particular we have OPTIMISM.
    In the red corner weighing in at 289 lbs we have PESSIMISM.
    Gentlemen keep your blows above the belt, except for the red corner.

Now I will indiscriminately eat apples.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus:1145716
    U troll D:

Kqala, one of the many reasons why there are less and less players in this game. As it has already been said as there are no serious updates (lvl caps or new elite dungeons) ppl fight boredom and frustration by going more and more trollish.

Cookiez, u r starting to sound a frustrated little kiddie with ur wannabe trolls. It isn't fun, just peffedic.
    WAACHU TALKIN BOUT! We just got 2 new classes added.. given they kinda suck, we still got 2 new classes!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    And now fighting out of the green corner weighing in at 180 lbs hailing from no where in particular we have OPTIMISM.
    In the red corner weighing in at 289 lbs we have PESSIMISM.
    Gentlemen keep your blows above the belt, except for the red corner.

Now I will indiscriminately eat apples.
    Guilty as charged