Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Slag the best pet for mage...killed rogue in 5 sec

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

I purchased Misty when it first came out. I was really intrigued by the arcane ability and with more and more mages wearing high damage mythic guns and putting out substantial damage I was dreaming of being unable to be stunned. I also bought Misty with the intention of being able to do faster timed runs in kraken in case you get stunned by the large shark mobs aoe stun. Of course all of this isn't realistic at all :

In pvp stuns often come in chains, the CD on fireball is so much quicker than Misty's cooldown it's not really useful. If they run slag as well you'll more than likely be stunned by slag after you recover from the fireball. In a team pvp match stuns come so often to the extent it's also fairly worthless. When the cooldown rate is as slow as it is you will only get one chance in a big group clash to use the ability and this entails that you need to do it at the end of all the stun skills or it's wasted which is fairly hard against a good team as they will stagger their skills.

If you do timed runs and are worried about stuns you should remember the speed in which you run often leaves your pet in the dust, so Misty is no help at all on Crypt runs. The most useful place I've found for Misty is in Crystal Caverns where you can break your warrior or friend free from the ice when the spider boss pulls you in and freezes you - but that's a pretty niche pet.

Then there comes it's total lack of a intelligence stat - any rogue running Misty will more than likely have a really low mana pool. It might be a good pet for a warrior maybe, but as it stands I've been a little disappointed since the day I bought it. Let's also remember the cooldown rate.

I think I recall the cooldown on a post by gluttony being listed for Misty as 40 seconds? I'm not able to get online right now to verify the rate, but I can vouch for how the cooldown rate is insanely slow. When a pet only lasts for 15 minutes until it's hungry, that gives you only 22 taps of the arcane ability in 15 minutes. Compare that to ribbit at 12 seconds or wrathjaw at 7 seconds and ribbit you can tap 75 times, and wrath 128 times per feed. Even Slag at 25 seconds you can tap 36 times per feed. I suppose that's if you don't die as the ability resets after revival - but regardless, it does put the cooldown rate into perspective. As it stands Misty needs a fairly decent stat boost for it to be worth using as a pet on a regular basis. As a rogue if you run misty in any group you're going to be consuming a far larger amount of mana pots - I would guess the same would be the truth for a warrior as well.

I'll post a picture of Misty when I get it to level 30, it's 28 now and looks like it shares the same passive abilities as kettle or any of the other cats. Overall I've been a little disappointed in the pet, but I think it was a cool idea - it just needs tweaking for it to compare to any of the other 90plat pets. Orion, Malison, Talon are all much better pets that can be used fairly universally, Misty is a super niche pet right now. If the cooldown was lowered to 15 seconds you would see more people actually using it and purchasing the pet I would imagine.
    Last edited by Jexetta; 07-01-2013 at 03:45 PM.
    ORIGINAL ART BY CARLOS ORTEGA ELIZALDE
    46 R/W/M | <E N I G M A T I C> | CARROTS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jexetta View Post
    I purchased Misty when it first came out. I was really intrigued by the arcane ability and with more and more mages wearing high damage mythic guns and putting out substantial damage I was dreaming of being unable to be stunned. I also bought Misty with the intention of being able to do faster timed runs in kraken in case you get stunned by the large shark mobs aoe stun. Of course all of this isn't realistic at all :

In pvp stuns often come in chains, the CD on fireball is so much quicker than Misty's cooldown it's not really useful. If they run slag as well you'll more than likely be stunned by slag after you recover from the fireball. In a team pvp match stuns come so often to the extent it's also fairly worthless. When the cooldown rate is as slow as it is you will only get one chance in a big group clash to use the ability and this entails that you need to do it at the end of all the stun skills or it's wasted which is fairly hard against a good team as they will stagger their skills.

If you do timed runs and are worried about stuns you should remember the speed in which you run often leaves your pet in the dust, so Misty is no help at all on Crypt runs. The most useful place I've found for Misty is in Crystal Caverns where you can break your warrior or friend free from the ice when the spider boss pulls you in and freezes you - but that's a pretty niche pet.

Then there comes it's total lack of a intelligence stat - any rogue running Misty will more than likely have a really low mana pool. It might be a good pet for a warrior maybe, but as it stands I've been a little disappointed since the day I bought it. Let's also remember the cooldown rate.

I think I recall the cooldown on a post by gluttony being listed for Misty as 40 seconds? I'm not able to get online right now to verify the rate, but I can vouch for how the cooldown rate is insanely slow. When a pet only lasts for 15 minutes until it's hungry, that gives you only 22 taps of the arcane ability in 15 minutes. Compare that to ribbit at 12 seconds or wrathjaw at 7 seconds and ribbit you can tap 75 times, and wrath 128 times per feed. Even Slag at 25 seconds you can tap 36 times per feed. I suppose that's if you don't die as the ability resets after revival - but regardless, it does put the cooldown rate into perspective. As it stands Misty needs a fairly decent stat boost for it to be worth using as a pet on a regular basis. As a rogue if you run misty in any group you're going to be consuming a far larger amount of mana pots - I would guess the same would be the truth for a warrior as well.

I'll post a picture of Misty when I get it to level 30, it's 28 now and looks like it shares the same passive abilities as kettle or any of the other cats. Overall I've been a little disappointed in the pet, but I think it was a cool idea - it just needs tweaking for it to compare to any of the other 90plat pets. Orion, Malison, Talon are all much better pets that can be used fairly universally, Misty is a super niche pet right now. If the cooldown was lowered to 15 seconds you would see more people actually using it and purchasing the pet I would imagine.
    Lowered CD on Arcane and in addition buffing its stats like +INT, etc. I emphasized alot on my post to Swede about how it costs 90 Plat like Clyde and such, but lacks the usefulness because of the lack of stats it has. It just doesn't justify costing 90 Plat meanwhile others like Clyde are like SO useful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I tested it in PVP and got owned badly lol
    The CD time is freakin' slow. I get stunned 2-3 times until I can use its arcane ability again.
    As a warrior I would love to see it buff ur stats a bit, int or str wise. Plus 300hp doesn't really help, it would be better to give +20str/25str.
    As mentioned above, Malison gives more hp total when equipped, not to mention better dmg output.

I don't use it any more, as its a pretty useless pet in low lvl PVP.
    The idea of chasing rogues and mages without getting stunned too much, made me buy this pet.
    Ofc, I'm rather disappointed for it doesn't offer much for 90 plat.
    I like all the other 90 plat pets more than misty.

If u cut down it's CD to 15secs, no doubt, it would help so much ^_^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I bought the pet and true it's very disappointing. I would suggest giving it better stats and faster cd on arcane.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Slag? Rogues have 40-50 dodge buffed. Slag is usefull for the stun. When it actually hits.