Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Best Build For Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Lol ice and gale for some map very help but acctualy i choose ice cause for elite map it's very working with shield, fire and time so more damage from ice frost them and use time to more hit and fire for stunned them when i charge other skill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Skills: Fire 5, Lightning 5, Frost 5, Heal 5
    Passives: Durable 5, Int 5, Crit 5

I take fire and frost not only for attacking but also defense, fire can stun and reduce hit chance. Frost also can stun and freeze.
    Lightning for 250% crit damage, and adding crit in my passive i get a lot of multiple lightning when casting it. I prefer arcane shield, but no slot left in the map skills, so i take durable for change. I take 5 heal is for full support.

Use it for PvE.
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Newcomx View Post

I take fire and frost not only for attacking but also defense, fire can stun and reduce hit chance. Frost also can stun and freeze.
    Lightning for 250% crit damage, and adding crit in my passive i get a lot of multiple lightning when casting it. I prefer arcane shield, but no slot left in the map skills, so i take durable for change. I take 5 heal is for full support.

Use it for PvE.
    Ur build it's work but how about time shift for PvE i was try ur build but sometimes need time when more minnions attacking

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Newcomx View Post

Use it for PvE.
    Maxing out each skill - fire, light, frost, heal seems to add some redundancies, & by extension, a waste of points.
    For example, Fire has a knockdown & reduce hit. Well, what good is the reduced hit if the targets are not attacking b/c they're stunned?
    Also, the spread effect on light, imo, is not worth the point. A 15% chance to spread on a kill shot hardly seems worth it. How many kill shots do you get with light? And then reduce that to 15%? The same can be said for frost-ice patch. Charging light is a waste imo.
    Last, is durable worth the 5 points? Assuming you have 900 armor before the 5%, the 5 points only add 45 armor. Hardly seems worth it. Str would probably be a better option imo. The same goes for points in Heal for the heal over time & mana over time.
    THE MAN, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fumolamota View Post
    Maxing out each skill - fire, light, frost, heal seems to add some redundancies, & by extension, a waste of points.
    For example, Fire has a knockdown & reduce hit. Well, what good is the reduced hit if the targets are not attacking b/c they're stunned?
    Also, the spread effect on light, imo, is not worth the point. A 15% chance to spread on a kill shot hardly seems worth it. How many kill shots do you get with light? And then reduce that to 15%? The same can be said for frost-ice patch. Charging light is a waste imo.
    Last, is durable worth the 5 points? Assuming you have 900 armor before the 5%, the 5 points only add 45 armor. Hardly seems worth it. Str would probably be a better option imo. The same goes for points in Heal for the heal over time & mana over time.
    i agree with other things but fireball -25% hit worth for tanks
    some mob and many bosses cant be cced

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Lightbulb

Hello fellow sorcerers,

[Edit: heh it's a text wall but please do read]

let me share a few thoughts I have
    First, I don't do or plan to do PvP so feel free to instruct me on that.
    Also, I don't quite understand how Curse works, or how to use it, more on this below.
    Finally, I am just lv 33 playing 5th week so I still learn.

A few general ideas first: I came to believe that having the right skill ready is better than having 5% more damage, so in the end, I chose to get all skills except Curse. Of course I need to consider every skill point very carefully.
    Also, the only thing people agree on a perfect Sorcerer build is to go all INT, but I prefer to be still alive to deliver a 2nd hit, so I give like 1/5 of stat points to STR, bypassing DEX. It might change with STR/mythic gear but it has served me well in the past.
    Finally, this is a general question but it seems that criticals only do +50% damage so multiplied with a few % for crit, I completely ignore all crit-related stats. To support the +50% hypothesis, it obviously has to be less than the +150% of the lightning.

So let's get to it. There are 3 different situations I find myself in, plus 1 or 2 for PvP.

Crowd mode: screen full of mobs
    Fire, Frost, Time, Heal

Mobs mode: a mob here and there
    Fire, Frost, Gale, Heal

Boss mode: (not that I can take a boss solo, not even the first Bloodhammer)
    Fire, Frost, Lightning, Shield

Now for the points:
    Fire: 4/5 a,b,c since the idea above seems correct to me.
    Lightning: 2/5 a since I only use it in boss fights who cannot be stunned (never even tried), and I ignore crit.
    Gale: 4-5/5 a,c,d as an all-purpose to hit as strong as a fireball, and bail out if surrounded, plus for timed runs. Also not sure about AoE since the Dash seems to do the same but it might be a bug.
    Frost: 4/5 a,b,c since the patch is OK but not that much.
    Shield: 3/5 a,c since I don't use shield in mobs mode and I bet bosses cannot be thrown around. Also, I use shield as a panic button so there's no time to charge for invulnerability.
    Time: 4/5 a,c,d since you want the mobs to be dead by the time the clock expires.
    Curse: 0/5 since it seems it only affects 2+2 targets in a limited range. I would love someone to enlighten me on its use.
    Heal: 3-5/5 b,d (mana) + c + a great money saver; +100 HP might be not worth it; friends should know to come close to get healed

This leaves 11 points tops, that is 5 for INT, rest for STR, and the remaining point is better spent on skills than passives IMHO.

Now let me answer some comments in advance.
    C: I am lv 36 all arcane and you got it completely wrong.
    A: Thank you. Please leave.

C: You should go all INT.
    A: Please explain how do I remedy the 1hit problem with bosses.

C: The idea of using many skills is wrong.
    A: Yep but I really believe the few % I would get is better spent on buying lightning and gale and heal etc.

Any other comments are welcome. Sorry to ask this at the end of free respec but that's why I am asking in the first place.

Milan
    Last edited by Milan Lame Man; 09-15-2013 at 12:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

It's not good if you can't solo any bosses at level 36. At level 31 with my build I could solo any boss up to nordr easily with only legendary gear. If health is a problem just wear an armor of will which adds to health for boss fights. You have your stat points too widely distributed in my opinion to be really effective.
    Last edited by Wutzgood; 09-15-2013 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Didn't finish

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

5/5 Fire
    5/5 Lightning
    4/5 Time
    4/5 Shield

Passives: INT (5/5) STR (5/5) Damage (5/5) Crit (2/5)
    Last edited by Spyce; 09-15-2013 at 06:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Lol guys^^

Im no sorcerer nor do i have one but heres my opinion based on what ive seen and from friends.

Gale is waste except the speed boost which is still minor and requires charge. Dmg and aoe is low. Aoe requires charge too. Charges use more mana usually too. Imo is just fun skill.

Fireball and time are must for all cus best crowd control and dmg. Other two skills id choose ice and heal. Ice has good damage, stuns, dot, etc and heal to save pots and support team

Also i know handful of mages who use 5 skill. The 4 i mention and lightning. They switch out heal for all dmg skills depending on situation, map, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Dont use heal or shield for pve.
    Best build is Fire, Time shift, ice, Lightning(or swap for gale)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    At level 31 with my build I could solo any boss up to nordr easily with only legendary gear.
    Since with frost, clock and some patience you can clear any mobs after all, I can see why giving 15 skill points to STR, DEX, INT is a higher priority than easy cleaning. I guess I should have asked earlier...

Let me ask a different question:
    What would you (everybody) suggest for boss-fight optimized sorc? Like Hately (the crab with electric rings), Bloodhammer (strong shotgun), Maneater, Alpha Wolf? (Shuyal is easier IMHO until Inan'Hesh who I haven't beaten yet, and I cannot do elites since I'm only at lv 35 (yep leveled twice today)).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Milan Lame Man View Post
    Since with frost, clock and some patience you can clear any mobs after all, I can see why giving 15 skill points to STR, DEX, INT is a higher priority than easy cleaning. I guess I should have asked earlier...

Let me ask a different question:
    What would you (everybody) suggest for boss-fight optimized sorc? Like Hately (the crab with electric rings), Bloodhammer (strong shotgun), Maneater, Alpha Wolf? (Shuyal is easier IMHO until Inan'Hesh who I haven't beaten yet, and I cannot do elites since I'm only at lv 35 (yep leveled twice today)).
    Passive points do matter and YES, you can now do elites at lvl 35, good luck.
    The Forum here is more FUN!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

My current build is based off of Gaieje's old build thread for the level 31 cap. It worked for me then and it still works for me now in PvE.

I instruct my mage guildies to do the same for PvE and they LOVE it.

Active Skills:
    4/5 Fire (No Scorch)
    4/5 Ice (No Ice Patch)
    4/5 Time (No explode dmg)
    3/5 Heal (No radius increase, no mana regen)

Passive Skills:
    5/5 Int
    5/5 Might
    5/5 Crit
    5/5 Dex

This build works great for me in ELITE PvE.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to keikali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

I'm a new player/poster and wanted to expand my knowledge on builds so I'm posting here to see if my build is a decent one.

Okay, so my current build after countless respecs over the weekend has ended up being the following...

Fire 4/5 (first four skills)
    Ice 4/5 (first four skill)
    Gale 3/5 (first three skills)
    Heal 1/5 (because as I have come to understand it, the regen upgrades cause massive aggro attention and the mana boost is not that good)

Passives are...

5/5 Int
    5/5 Dex
    5/5 Might
    5/5 Agility

I chose the following passives because imo it's best to upgrade the basics in order to get a more consistent and balanced toon, and I personally find the speed boost to be a lifesaver against the red circles of bosses as well as catching up to the boss if you die and need to haul *** across the map to help your team again.

Is this a good build?

My K/D ratio is now 23K/650.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

well ive been playing around for a while now with my sorcecer

Milan i like ur build i also go for many skills but just dont need so much in each skill (IMO)

i more of a pve build
    so here's my build and why:

passives:
    5/5 int
    5/5 dmg
    5/5 dex

actives:
    fb 3/5 (1,2,4)
    arcane sheild 4/5 (1,2,4,5)
    ice bolt 2/5 (1,2)
    healing 3/5 (1,2,3)
    lighting 4/5 (1,2,3,4)
    timeshift 4/5 (1,2,4,5)

ive found this build very versatile in pve can always change skills for every unique situation be it boss or mobs or elite and so on
    thats my 2 cents after respec weeked

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mordir View Post
    well ive been playing around for a while now with my sorcecer

Milan i like ur build i also go for many skills but just dont need so much in each skill (IMO)

i more of a pve build
    so here's my build and why:

passives:
    5/5 int
    5/5 dmg
    5/5 dex

actives:
    fb 3/5 (1,2,4)
    arcane sheild 4/5 (1,2,4,5)
    ice bolt 2/5 (1,2)
    healing 3/5 (1,2,3)
    lighting 4/5 (1,2,3,4)
    timeshift 4/5 (1,2,4,5)

ive found this build very versatile in pve can always change skills for every unique situation be it boss or mobs or elite and so on
    thats my 2 cents after respec weeked
    Holy crap...

Why do you have 6 active skills. I'm sorry but you do not need that many. You are watering down your potential as a Mage.

Even with 5 skills its too much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    Holy crap...

Why do you have 6 active skills. I'm sorry but you do not need that many. You are watering down your potential as a Mage.

Even with 5 skills its too much.
    Agree, 5 is enough for pve. Im lv 36 with some mythic and run km3 and elite every. Gajele build is still the best if u want to shine at Grand Locked crates hunting or Eggs hunting. So here my build:
    - Fire 4/5 (except last upgrade - this upgrade is good but we dont need it all day when we can clear mobs fastly and warriors stronger than before);
    - Clock 3/5 (upgrade 4,5 only - Dodge &Death and clock bomb is good but actually we only need root and damage over time from clock);
    - Light 4/5 (1,2,3,4 - Our highest damage, I try this many time but I c that light only can shine if ur critical more than 10%, and rain of bolt work efficiently at lv 36 than before);
    - Shield 4/5 ( without push back upgrade only - U will contribute nothing to ur team if u die. This skill can help u tank, lure mobs... etc);
    That the set skill when i use at km3. Perfect build set when I can finish from 2 - 3 minus with random guys. Ofc u have to spam pots sometimes but pots is cheap now ( if u want save pots i would like to recommend u change light by heal, It works well also)
    - Ice: 4/5 (except last upgrade - Must have skill for elite. Ice can frozen mobs, damage over time (work well with critical).
    When i run elite, my set skill is : Fire Clock Ice Shield (or light). U can finish Lost mage elite within 3 or 4 minus only. Ofc, remmeber get light at bosses fighting.
    Passive: Intel, Might, Damage 5/5 (someone like dex but i myself go for damage and that work well), 1/5 Critical (I ll max it when I have more skill points).
    P/S: Dont waste point on durable because I try to run km3 or elite with 1200 armor but mobs still hit very hard. We only need 2700-2800 hp and more than 1000 armor now and enough damage to clear mobs as fast as possible.
    That s my 2 cents. Sorry for errors in grammar since E is not my mother tongue
    Last edited by xfly2skyx; 09-17-2013 at 11:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

My build is the following:

ALL STAT POINTS INTO INTELLECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <----- DON'T FORGET TO DO THIS IF YOU DECIDE TO TRY THIS BUILD!!!!!!!

Fireball 5/5
    Time Shift 5/5
    Frost Bolt 4/5 (No Arctic Shatter)
    Arcane Shield 4/5 (No Displacement Wave)
    (Credit goes to Meecah for telling me what skills to use [not the passives though.])

Passives: 5 in Might, Knowledge, and Agility. 2 in Durable. (Only put skill points into durable because I couldn't think of what else I would need. None of them seemed any good).

It's a pretty good build, helps with stunning and crowd control.

Feel free to try this build. It'll help.
    Last edited by cindersx; 09-27-2013 at 05:28 PM.
    Rogue: Angelicdove
    Mage: Intfire
    Warrior: Speedoftank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I have perfect build for sorerer lv36 two in one (pvE n pvP)
    Fire 5/5
    Ice 4/5 (No no.5)
    Light 4/5 (No no5)
    Time shift 4/5 (No no.3)
    Life 3/5 ( No no.4,5)
    PASSIVE:
    Might 5
    Agility 5
    Knowledge 5
    -------------------------
    When im in pvp use fire, ice, light, life
    When im in pvE minions use fire, ICE, timeshift, life
    When im in pvE kill bosses, i change fire, LIGHT, timeshift, ice.
    Perfecttttttt..!!!! ^ ^
    Last edited by ElfDreamer; 11-21-2013 at 11:28 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elfdreamer View Post
    I have perfect build for sorerer lv36 two in one (pvE n pvP)
    Fire 5/5
    Ice 4/5 (No no.5)
    Light 4/5 (No no5)
    Time shift 4/5 (No no.3)
    Life 3/5 ( No no.4,5)
    PASSIVE:
    Might 5
    Agility 5
    Knowledge 5
    When im in pvp use fire, ice, light, life
    When im in pvE minion use fire, ICE, timeshift, life
    When im in pvE kill bosses, i change fire, LIGHT, timeshift, life.
    Perfecttttttt..!!!! ^ ^
    PvP is pretty short without shield.