Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nobody does Crush, stuck on Map 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

LOL, nascar event. I think sometimes it just takes either sticking around or knowing how to ask. If I ask most groups at the beginning if they are doing boss, most of them will answer xp. Now, if I play with them, which I would want to do anyways, to see what kind of players they are, and at the right time, say "boss?", "mini-boss?", etc. lots of people will say yes. Inviting fills out the rest. Of course, YOU have to stick around also.

I notice people who leave because the group is not PERFECT. If you are waiting for the perfect group, you will wait a long time. Try to "train" the perfect group, or make the perfect group, or maybe you work with what you have. Most groups that listen can make it work. Well, it helps if it's not all one class, but I've taken down bosses without tanks in the group so it's not impossible. It's not impossible until you work at it. I cannot remember too many incidents where try after try, we die and we do NOT finish eventually. So sometimes you just have to try. Even if it doesn't work, you can learn something. You will also probably acquire a few people for your friends list, which by itself, is worth it already.

Love the nascar event picture. LOL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok ok . . . Thank you.

It really was that easy, just repeated asking "clearing?" found some willing dudes and we grind for about two hours solid, complete fail..... Then Linz shows up, says, "sure," and I get to witness what a ranged bear attack does to the keeper! Totally fun! Yeah!

Man, this sucks,
    I've been stuck on captive now for like two hours..... Kidding!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got a group through the keeper with the strategie. They were wiping for about an hour before I let them know what to do. He died fairly quick after that.

My problems now are the next zone. I have killed all of the bosses, and cleared the zone several times, but not at the same time. I can not find a group with the skill, time, or patience to do the whole zone. I either get idiots that kick mobs in random directions, pop the un-needed miniboss bubbles, or just die, run back, die, run back without knowing why or how they are dieing.

I need a decent group of experianced players to help me through Captive Audience, because the noob rush groups are getting old. I was proud to have less than 100 deaths until yesterday... where I died over 20x just trying to complete this zone.
    Stratospaly 47 Tanking Warrior
    (someone took the Stratos name)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just regroup and tell them to do it slowly. I randomly joined a map 3 group the other day, and they really needed to unlock it. Three mages, an archer and me (tank). It was my first time to play it as a tank (I unlocked it with my mage the first day ao3 came out), and we did it one small group of mobs at a time, being careful to not push them into the other waiting mobs or into the glass cages. When you explain to them what's going on, they will listen, especially when they've been wiped out a few times already.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gryndeon View Post
    When you explain to them what's going on, they will listen, especially when they've been wiped out a few times already.
    Sometimes. Played Crush as a tank (45) for the first time yesterday and it went great. Second time, different group, not so much. First time, they all charge in and die. Second time, not as bad a rush, but instead of pulling one of the "big gun dudes" at a time (which I had explained), they split and go up the sides pull them all plus the Keeper and everybody dies.
    Third and fourth, more of the same, but we're whittling down the number of guns. Get ready to get the Keeper and I explain the whole, wait till I get aggro thing, suck a tank pot, they all rush in, block me and we all die. Wasted pot #1. Explain again, pot again, this time they wait, sort of, I get on the bridge with the Keeper on other side. All is good.
    Except half of them are trying to shoot him from the bridge, over the void, and are doing no damage. I explain that, they don't move. I'd explained don't push him too much, they do. Many, many times. I lose aggro, they all die and, since they aren't doing much damage to him and it's taken forever, my pots worn off and I die. I explain I'm out of cash for more pots and leave. Then I get nasty-grams from my "friend" that invited me for being a quitter. 3000 gold down the drain with nothing to show for it. Tanks, I'm feeling your pain.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

OMG, Canon. So funny. And if that guy is still on your friends list, well, that's your own prob. JK.

You do have to suffer a lot of deaths in Ao3 and yeah, sometimes because people do not listen. One other thing I figured out is that not everyone speaks English. Sometimes, they barely even know you said to wait. So unfortunately, you'll have to tolerate that or keep trying or maybe stand back a little bit. Remember you only need one or two to listen. You do not always need everyone to listen. Oh and if you lose aggro and group dies, you get it back because you lived :P Position Keeper and wait for everyone to walk back. BTW, I give gold to tanks who say they have no money for pots, so you might ask your group that if you are going through a lot of pots. Otherwise, it's completely understandable to go somewhere else for a bit.

I think Captive Audience is the most fun level of AO3 but also the most exhausting, prob because the yellows are mean and it's a long level. It seems take forever and you have to go slow. I would say same strategy here. If mobs are being pulled too early, unfortunately, you have to back up. You can back up and say "Back" to your group; some should listen ... eventually. Be careful, of course, of not pulling so far back, the mob resets. Very annoying that way also.

Which reminds me, you know you can use resets as a strategy, right? It's similar to rushing, but this time, you want to pull the mobs, knowing that some of them will be pulled too far and reset, leaving you with just a few to fight. You can also push, of course.

As players leave, replace them with invites or by waiting. Ask other teammates to invite if you are out of friends. I've also sat around while a friend went around Forest Haven asking for help. This wasn't in AO3, it was very unusual, very low level, and I have only ever seen it done that one time, but hey, if that's what it takes. It takes some grinding, but little by little and maybe with different people, you should be able to finish.
    Last edited by Fyrce; 10-19-2010 at 05:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

No, no. No longer on the friends list. I don't feel right asking for pot money-- my choice to play tank after all. If I get anything good tank-wise off the drop, I give it to the tank (when I'm mage-ing). Hopefully, they can use it or sell it and it'll help make up for what they spend.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I smell a money making opportunity. Maybe 2 really good AO3'ers could charge 15000 or so per person to get them thru the level they can't finish. Get 3 at a time and that's pretty easy money. Plus all the pinks that you could sell afterwards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dirtball View Post
    I smell a money making opportunity. Maybe 2 really good AO3'ers could charge 15000 or so per person to get them thru the level they can't finish. Get 3 at a time and that's pretty easy money. Plus all the pinks that you could sell afterwards.
    How about I just do it for fun and to help people out? Good grief! Does everything in this game have to devolve into a money-making scheme? Another "friend" dropped off my list when I was bemoaning having problems getting thru a level and they offered to "help"--for a fee.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just got ao3, and no one plays any of em.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cry View Post
    Just got ao3, and no one plays any of em.
    You may have to wait a week or so, but Cinco in chat mentioned that after letting the Rush nurf in Haunted Mansion settle they will look at applying it to AO3. Means people will start playing ALL maps again.
    GAVRY - LEVEL 50 TANK | BAVIAN - LEVEL 50 CASTER
    Gavry's Great Ideas Thread | Pocket Legends Manual Thread | Skill Overhaul Document | Quest Overhaul Document
    To my friends, thanks for the good times. Goodbye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    How about I just do it for fun and to help people out? Good grief! Does everything in this game have to devolve into a money-making scheme? Another "friend" dropped off my list when I was bemoaning having problems getting thru a level and they offered to "help"--for a fee.
    You're a very angry person. It's just a thought. I'm not good enough to do it with my mage or archer. Figure with tank pots and what not, time devoted with new people, it should be worth some money. Why does any business charge money for anything? It should all be free. People pay for job training all the time, that's how they learn to do new things correctly. What's the difference? Perhaps it could help many of the noobs who everybody says don't know a thing. It's only pretend money, stop acting like it's real, its a game, nothing more!