Thread: Flag Capturing Rhino (level 51) build advice?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Question Flag Capturing Rhino (level 51) build advice?

Hey, guys. So I'm leveling a Rhino to either 51 or 55. I'm going to be 120 Str, rest Int (don't bother me about "dex/int is bes cuz hit %" because I just want to be tanking/healing). I'm probably going to use Royal helm and then rest FF items. That, and I'll have a rift set. Now what I do need advice on is what I should have my skill build as. Right now (At level 36) My build is this:
    1 Charge
    6 Restore
    6 Redemption
    4 Guardian
    6 Vital Force
    6 Holy Tempest
    6 Stone Skin

I know for sure that I'm going to get at least 1 in Reincarnate, and max Guardian, but I'm not sure if I should even waste points on Brute Force, seeing how it only gives 10 dodge, 5 armor at level 6. I also feel like I should have points in Rhino Might, and the taunt. Any suggestions?

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

My build atm is (going across)

Top: 1 2 6 6

Middle: 6 0 0 6

Bottom: 6 6 5 6

This is my 51 support rhino build. 1 charge is fine just because it's not necessary for a tiny bit more damage. I chose 2 rhino might just because a 3 second stun is helpful :P Helped me out alot. 6 heal of course. 6 redemption because if the combo hits, you get 2x damage AND 2x heal. It heals more than your regular heal skill. 6 brute force/ 6 summon. I suggest using brute force, as summon is still a terrible debuff, at rank 6 it is only -12 dodge chance. 8 dodge always comes in handy. 6 guardian, obviously one of the only gud buffs lol. 6 vital force- this gives a party buff of +28 dmg, and it gives you gud hit% (you'll need it) and 7 crit. Be careful with brute force and vital force, because they cancel each other out. 6 holy tempest- your only chance of gud dmg. It also gives a -30% hit debuff and knock back. I chose 5 reincarnate because it gives 10 range, making it easy to run and revive, or revive through the squares like in Rockwall Forts. 6 stone skin, because you of course need the armor.

Good luck on your support rhino, and have fun!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Trenton For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
    My build atm is (going across)

Top: 1 2 6 6

Middle: 6 0 0 6

Bottom: 6 6 5 6

This is my 51 support rhino build. 1 charge is fine just because it's not necessary for a tiny bit more damage. I chose 2 rhino might just because a 3 second stun is helpful :P Helped me out alot. 6 heal of course. 6 redemption because if the combo hits, you get 2x damage AND 2x heal. It heals more than your regular heal skill. 6 brute force/ 6 summon. I suggest using brute force, as summon is still a terrible debuff, at rank 6 it is only -12 dodge chance. 8 dodge always comes in handy. 6 guardian, obviously one of the only gud buffs lol. 6 vital force- this gives a party buff of +28 dmg, and it gives you gud hit% (you'll need it) and 7 crit. Be careful with brute force and vital force, because they cancel each other out. 6 holy tempest- your only chance of gud dmg. It also gives a -30% hit debuff and knock back. I chose 5 reincarnate because it gives 10 range, making it easy to run and revive, or revive through the squares like in Rockwall Forts. 6 stone skin, because you of course need the armor.

Good luck on your support rhino, and have fun!
    Thanks! I think I'm gunna play around with Rhino Might and Reincarnate a little bit. I've never really liked putting points in Res, but 6 meters is a really short range lol.

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

If its support, go for points in rein
    6M is not very useful, and therefor, better as 10m
    On my 32 rhinos, its very hard to rev in FFAs with a 6m rev, but then again, its not suppost :P
    Max holy tempest, because maxing it makes its chance to reduce hit higher, AND increase range, its one powaful skill!
    And heres a lil secret on Tempest: Just like a bears Hell scream, Tempest also offers a lil stun sometimes
    So when you see DAT stun activating, GO FOR DA NUKE! The stun is like 3 seconds, so dont waste it!
    And as Trenton said above, 1 charge, as the little change in damage is not needed here.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

I had 50 support/tank rhino, and it was really amazing in ctf. Sadly there weren't many ctf games in that level.

-Full str and rift set is the way to go. Rift already boosts hit a lot so dex isn't important, and int is basically useless. Small increase in healing rate, holy tempest's damage and mana pool just isn't worth it imo. Better to max defense.

-All buffs maxed. Pretty obvious and why. Brute force and vital force stack, skill descriptions are incorrect. Don't use guardian as a buff unless you're facing multiple enemies alone. Better to use it as a "second heal" to get out of stuns/roots/freezes.

-Heal and revive maxed. Both are very important skills. Maxing revive is good idea because higher range is really huge advantage and helps your team a lot.

-1 point in charge. Damage isn't important, this skill is mainly used to run away with flag. Sometimes can be used to start combo.

-Rest points in Divine aura, redemption and holy tempest. Divine aura is important because you will die very rarely => mana is problem. Extra heal from redemption is handy at times, and holy tempest has nice debuff.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar
    GO FOR DA NUKE
    Hmm... Interesting. I've never seen rhino nuking.
    Last edited by Gragorak; 06-24-2013 at 06:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

One of my buds has a decent 51 int rhino ill ask him if he doesnt mind sharing his build:/

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gragorak:1149042
    I had 50 support/tank rhino, and it was really amazing in ctf. Sadly there weren't many ctf games in that level.

-Full str and rift set is the way to go. Rift already boosts hit a lot so dex isn't important, and int is basically useless. Small increase in healing rate, holy tempest's damage and mana pool just isn't worth it imo. Better to max defense.

-All buffs maxed. Pretty obvious and why. Brute force and vital force stack, skill descriptions are incorrect. Don't use guardian as a buff unless you're facing multiple enemies alone. Better to use it as a "second heal" to get out of stuns/roots/freezes.

-Heal and revive maxed. Both are very important skills. Maxing revive is good idea because higher range is really huge advantage and helps your team a lot.

-1 point in charge. Damage isn't important, this skill is mainly used to run away with flag. Sometimes can be used to start combo.

-Rest points in Divine aura, redemption and holy tempest. Divine aura is important because you will die very rarely => mana is problem. Extra heal from redemption is handy at times, and holy tempest has nice debuff.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar
    GO FOR DA NUKE
    Hmm... Interesting. I've never seen rhino nuking.
    I know, its actually really hard to start nukeing with it like a mage (rhinos are low compared to mages :/)

But I never hesitate to use Tempest again when I see stun.
    Tempest>maybe stun>Tempest when its back>Charge em>Redemption.
    Or
    Tempest>blows back>use charge and redemption for combo immediately so they dont try to kite. (if you see their frost/stun/root on you, immediately heal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gragorak View Post

I would try full str, but I don't want to be useless in any game with sewer gear users. (67 hit with FF is really bad lol)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zapoke:1149271
    Quote Originally Posted by Gragorak View Post

I would try full str, but I don't want to be useless in any game with sewer gear users. (67 hit with FF is really bad lol)
    With Vital Force, you can get high hit, but not over 100 I think if you have 66 hit from start, so str for gear and rest in INT or DEX (your choice, I prefer dex for more hit, and with vital force it can go up to 100)
    Or get rift, it gives good hit and try full STR with it (idk about this..)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cheenivie View Post
    One of my buds has a decent 51 int rhino ill ask him if he doesnt mind sharing his build:/
    Yolonoho?

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Nohoyolo^

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Trenton For This Useful Post: