Thread: Mythic Clear Intensions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Default Mythic Clear Intensions

I know what you're thinking "Not this again Zu", but I'm going to go there anyway. I would love for StS to come out with clear intensions/plans for the Mythic Helm and Armor. I don't see any reason to "Cliffhanger" the dicision. I for one would like to be informed of the status before the new cap comes. This way if the plan is to leave the items as is Mythic users can begin to liquidate these would be obsolete equips.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zuzeq For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

It doesn't really matter when the announcement comes, the results will be the same. If they announce now that they will not be upgraded, then price will fall and you will have trouble selling. If the announcement comes at the same time as the next expansion, the same thing will happen.

The only thing that would help you is if you knew what was going to happen before other players do, and that's not gonna happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

This is why I stick to high end pinks, so much less to loose.
    Plus, I normally sell them before a cap anyway, and buy them back at half the price on the day of the expansion.

;-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I think they already said they would be updated. The real question is how. How much time or money will it cost? Also, as we all know, plans change. So I agree, something definitive would be nice.

In general, I think the less surprises the better. Who wants a bunch of raging because people paid insane amounts of gold for these under an assumption?

It's really the only reason I haven't bought any.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Rare; 06-24-2013 at 04:30 PM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Hah, great thread. Wouldn't we all love to know? However, if I was a game dev, I would do the same thing and leave everyone hanging in suspense... . It's both a fair and wise decision for their business (ECON101)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    Hah, great thread. Wouldn't we all love to know? However, if I was a game dev, I would do the same thing and leave everyone hanging in suspense... . It's both a fair and wise decision for their business (ECON101)
    I don't ever remember anything like keeping your customers in suspense with regard to their purchases ever being part of my economics courses. In fact, it seems like a poor business decision in the long term. Why would it ever be good to alienate your customers?

The longer you wait, the bigger the divide will be if people are left to make their own assumptions.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    It doesn't really matter when the announcement comes, the results will be the same. If they announce now that they will not be upgraded, then price will fall and you will have trouble selling. If the announcement comes at the same time as the next expansion, the same thing will happen.

The only thing that would help you is if you knew what was going to happen before other players do, and that's not gonna happen.

Good point, but if I was worried that much about gold I wouldn't have any Mythics at all. I would do what 'call it' said above with every cap. I simply believe that there is no reason to keep us hanging. From a spending stand point I believe StS could profit from making the subject items upgradable for a large amount of plat than if the where to create new Mythics and watch us all scrape for em (if you include the man hours it would take to design em...etc..). If ether way would make you "about" the same profit then one would hope they would choose the route that causes the least amout of stress on players..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zuzeq For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

I wouldn't make any assumptions about mythic items right now. They did say that they are going to do "something" but they never specifically said what they are going to do. I would only buy them now for the enjoyment of having them now and not for any hopes of what they may become. I personally lost about 10-20 million gold in pl due to changes in dragon armor, so I can speak from experience when I say that sts can make changes to gear that cost top players millions of gold. Caveat emptor!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    I wouldn't make any assumptions about mythic items right now. They did say that they are going to do "something" but they never specifically said what they are going to do. I would only buy them now for the enjoyment of having them now and not for any hopes of what they may become. I personally lost about 10-20 million gold in pl due to changes in dragon armor, so I can speak from experience when I say that sts can make changes to gear that cost top players millions of gold. Caveat emptor!

Thats ugly Grim, I would like to avoid going through that...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzeq View Post
    Thats ugly Grim, I would like to avoid going through that...
    Somewhat related, check out mythic weapon prices in CS. My stomach goes a little sour every time I look and see a sorc gun for 4m, when my friends bought theirs for nearly 11m . C'est la vie, I suppose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Somewhat related, check out mythic weapon prices in CS. My stomach goes a little sour every time I look and see a sorc gun for 4m, when my friends bought theirs for nearly 11m . C'est la vie, I suppose.

Yeah, I think this is due to the supply being up this though. I can smell new content in the air, really would like to hear "Scale or no Scale" for the subject eqiups.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

They're down to 2.5m now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

I bought for 4 million :/ .. damm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Linkincena View Post
    I bought for 4 million :/ .. damm

This is why I say, the sooner the news comes the better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Hi my friend! Do you think that after this insane weekend plenty of gammers expending amounts of money for getting mythics mean the falling and non upgrade mythics?

Don't worry about, they don't allow not to develop our mythics. If they do we will know this is a liar project. Invest is hard... If you see that your invest is so unsure you will not expend money anymore.

I think would be the finish of Arcane Legends
    Last edited by juaki; 07-02-2013 at 02:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valsacar View Post
    They're down to 2.5m now.
    Yep, a lot of people spent a lot of money on these mythic weapons when they first came out, including myself. This is what I am saying, you should only buy them for the enjoyment of them in the present and not for what they may become in the future. You should not expect them to be anything but worthless in the future or you might be sorely disappointed! This did not stop me from buying any mythics, but I am just saying: be careful.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Yep, a lot of people spent a lot of money on these mythic weapons when they first came out, including myself. This is what I am saying, you should only buy them for the enjoyment of them in the present and not for what they may become in the future. You should not expect them to be anything but worthless in the future or you might be sorely disappointed! This did not stop me from buying any mythics, but I am just saying: be careful.
    But If these mythic weapons are 31lv, why are they discontinued twice in crates? I can't understand! Something is wrong with this, don't you think?

We need this: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-Arcanes-items

Instead of this, STS can make new items, arcane or other kind of exclusive class for people can afford spend amount of money. It would be for VIPS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

I can't say it better Grim. I guess I should have seek the counsel of player with slightly more experience with things of this nature before I started giving up all that real money. Very expensive lesson learned, think I'll become a "free" AL gamer starting with the release of the new content and roll top pinks or gold farm/merch for future golds. Seems like this is the only safe road to travel..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzeq View Post
    I can't say it better Grim. I guess I should have seek the counsel of player with slightly more experience with things of this nature before I started giving up all that real money. Very expensive lesson learned, think I'll become a "free" AL gamer starting with the release of the new content and roll top pinks or gold farm/merch for future golds. Seems like this is the only safe road to travel..
    This is always true. I don't see how you need to pay REAL MONEY to enjoy AL, its just not necessary. Different folks, different strokes, but I'd doing great with free plat offers and I still have a vast amount to use.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

My best guess as to why WE don't know what's going to happen is that STS doesn't know what's going to happen with mythic / arcanes.

This game is still in the oven, so let the devs bake up something good and when THEY have firmed up their plans, I'm sure WE will know about them...

and while endgame elite gear like mythic and arcane are awesome - they're certainly not necessary... I sold my mythic helmet almost a month ago for 3.4m knowing that eventually the prices will drop. It took me forever to save up 3m gold to buy it, and I may buy it again for 2.7 or less... but I sold it anticipating that the price would drop eventually and I had backed off my playing from really hardcore to casual hardcore thus my need for such elite gear was reduced.

anyway... my 2gold for whatever it's worth

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender