Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Anyone getting an OUYA Android console?

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Default Anyone getting an OUYA Android console?

I saw on Mashable that the OUYA console is hitting store shelves today in the US, Canada and UK.

http://mashable.com/2013/06/25/ouya-launch-day/

Anyone thinking about getting one?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Attachment 15204

Attachment 15205

please keep your comments on a single thread thx for your cooperation... located here XD JK

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...roid-powered-p

i want to get one it looks nice...now if they have a keyboard to type that would be nice too..for MMO's
    Last edited by octavos; 06-25-2013 at 10:41 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

I guess our tech types already looked at it and unfortunately our games don't currently work with their control scheme. Bummer
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    I guess our tech types already looked at it and unfortunately our games don't currently work with their control scheme. Bummer
    Why not? I don't think it's much different from the Sony Xperia Play's controls.

5.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sus View Post
    Why not? I don't think it's much different from the Sony Xperia Play's controls.
    It is different enough to not work fully.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

I have a few ideas that may work but may not, but these boxes are $99.99, by all the videos I say they have a nice console on their hands, I have a large collection of gaming consoles, big hits and non big hits, I will defiantly get this.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Oh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

give the devs of OUYA..some of ur app layouts..then let the OUYA DEVS make some changes
    Last edited by octavos; 06-25-2013 at 11:38 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

9. The Following User Says Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Sus

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OUYA ANDROID CONSOLE . A NEW ORDER BEGIN !!!

I got my Ouya android couple days ago. First a little background from me, I am hard gamer from the beginning. I bought & played to Trs80, Commodore, Coleco, Atari, Sega & finally PC. I have been without a gaming console for a couple of years. I prefer play to PC games i got with PEER TO PEER. I had thought about buying a Xbox One or a Playstation 4 but I couldn’t bring my self to pay $400 to $500 on a console plus 60$ for every game...

With my OUYA i already can play to all my favorite emulators on my TV , go on internet, watch Youtube and i can upload & try tons of android games & apps by USB side loading for free !!

I think the future of emulation on a console like device is in Android. I picked up an OUYA, because I think the future is here. I picked up because I think it is a step in the right direction and I want to have experience in this space. I'm hoping enough people buy them to give it a bit of life because I think it has potential

For $99, I'm really happy with the little bit I've played with it so far. There is s a decent community supporting the little box that is much easier to hack than an OG xBox.

When I heard all the noise about the new gaming console that was a Kickstarter project called Ouya I became intrigued. So, at the beginning of April after the Kickstarter project had become successful I preordered one and i don't regret !

Ouya is NOT a normal console!" "It claims to be a console, but not one that we're thinking of." "One of the big points of Ouya, is to shake up the gaming industry with something extremely different and accessable for users and developers alike.

I would tell anyone who buys a Ouya to remember is that this console only cost you $99.00 and if you compare it to an Xbox One or a Playstation 4 you will be highly disappointed. However if you remember that it is a $99.00 console I think you will have a lot of fun playing the games that are available on it. You may even find some independent games that you really like. Overall despite the few problems, so far I am happy I purchased the Ouya. If you are looking for a gaming console you can play on your TV and it will not break the bank, then the Ouya is worth a look.

If you want get OUYA console specifications or buy online a OUYA console can you suggest to go to THIS LINK
    OR
    Click on this picture :

I only want encourage this nice open source idea.

Big names of gaming industries try to discredit OUYA console & prevent any advertising of this free concept. I will don't let industries kill this open source paradise !!!

New free games & apps appears every day on OUYA console!!!
    THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING !!!