Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: We should earn xp and kills in any elite dungeon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Default We should earn xp and kills in any elite dungeon

I was running elite rooks nest tonight when I realized we don't get kills in that map. Due to the fact that you must be a level 30 to enter any elite map, even one from older campaigns, I think we should earn kills while running any elite level.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pandamoni For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Always thought of this, thanks for voicing it out.
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

In the same way, for low level toons with disabled xp gain, death count moves while kill count does not. Kill counts should move, just don't make the xp bar move, that's all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

I myself don't see anything wrong with a level 1 with 10 pve kills. If that's what he wants to spend his time on let him do it.
    Sig cred: Beelzeebob
    End Game Rogue Get-N-Paid
    Chances are I've probably killed you.
    Watch me on youtube : ) http://is.gd/YiK25Y

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

I'm used to no kills with locked xp because I played PL when they made that change. I can kind of understand why they don't allow kills when your xp is locked because it's a sure fire way to farm kills and get on LB without killing any challenging bad guys.

This, however, is an instance where you're using a ton of pots and really racking up the deaths if you're PUGing. I do think kills in any elite dungeon are warranted.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvataris View Post
    I myself don't see anything wrong with a level 1 with 10 pve kills. If that's what he wants to spend his time on let him do it.
    Lol? I think you're joking, right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamoni View Post
    I was running elite rooks nest tonight when I realized we don't get kills in that map. Due to the fact that you must be a level 30 to enter any elite map, even one from older campaigns, I think we should earn kills while running any elite level.
    Agreed xp and kills. No reason not to. Any elite mob is harder than any normal mob from any map. They should give xp and kills.

Might get more attention if you find a way to work this into locked crates somehow.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I'm pretty sure you only have to be level 25 to enter the elite maps from the original campaign. They never scaled up to 30 which is why you get level 25/26 gear from farming there. I'm guessing that map gives xp to level 25/26 players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I'm pretty sure you only have to be level 25 to enter the elite maps from the original campaign. They never scaled up to 30 which is why you get level 25/26 gear from farming there. I'm guessing that map gives xp to level 25/26 players.
    Are you sure? Before I hit 30 on my sorcerer I tried to do an elite tower run and didn't have the "elite" button on my map to indicate I wanted to do an elite run. I could be wrong, who knows.
    Last edited by Pandamoni; 06-26-2013 at 11:08 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Indeed. It should give xp and kills to everyone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

I'm guessing you're level 31? The max level of the enemies in there is 27 and if you're more than 3 levels above the enemy, they won't count. I could easily raise the max level of the AI in those dungeons to 28, which means they would count at 31 but would also be slightly harder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    I'm guessing you're level 31? The max level of the enemies in there is 27 and if you're more than 3 levels above the enemy, they won't count. I could easily raise the max level of the AI in those dungeons to 28, which means they would count at 31 but would also be slightly harder.

DO IT! *Licks lips at the thought of a challege*
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Are you trying to get me slaughtered?!? People will chase me down in town with torches and pitchforks as they yell, "there's that jerk who complained and got things harder for us poor folk with no mythics!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

@Swede - You've been super engaged with the community lately! Thank you!

It's kinda like the old days when PL was new, and the Devs had a presence everywhere - in game, on forums, in chat.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

16. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamoni View Post
    Are you sure? Before I hit 30 on my sorcerer I tried to do an elite tower run and didn't have the "elite" button on my map to indicate I wanted to do an elite run. I could be wrong, who knows.
    Tower is not from the original campaign but is from the dead city expansion which was the second campaign. That one is scaled to level 30, so you need to be level 30 or higher for that one. But if the pattern holds for the next expansion, I would guess that the Dead City expansion stops at 30 and will not scale up to 35.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Please try it! Thanks for the response!

19.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #16
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

They actually don't count even if you're 3 levels below you, so even at level 30 they won't give anything. I found a way to change it so that you now get a sliver of XP when defeating enemies that are 3 levels below you though. They will also count for your PvE kills. Should be in the next patch.

However, if you're level 31, they still won't count for PvE kills. I would have to make a bigger change for that (since they're four levels lower).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

They actually don't count even if you're 3 levels below you, so even at level 30 they won't give anything. I found a way to change it so that you now get a sliver of XP when defeating enemies that are 3 levels below you though. They will also count for your PvE kills. Should be in the next patch.

However, if you're level 31, they still won't count for PvE kills. I would have to make a bigger change for that (since they're four levels lower).
    I am going to assume that the daily Nordr xp quest mobs (wolves and spiders) do not ration out XP because of the potentially "easy-leveling" they would present - even though they are blue to a L31. However, they do grant PvE kills. Since this coding seems like something STS has a handle on, can we apply it to elite grey mobs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Tower is not from the original campaign but is from the dead city expansion which was the second campaign. That one is scaled to level 30, so you need to be level 30 or higher for that one. But if the pattern holds for the next expansion, I would guess that the Dead City expansion stops at 30 and will not scale up to 35.
    I figured it out today, had a guildie with a level 25 toon try to join an elite run through his map. The elite button was gray and he received a message that he must be level 30 to enter that dungeon so then I entered it and he could join me through the join button. Since I never attempted it that way before I hit thirty, just by pulling up the map and hitting elite, it explains why I believed you had to be level 30 in order to run any elite map (even the earlier ones)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Anyway to make all levels like this?? Like how hauntlet and tombs tailor to ur level, could we do this on all levels. Its boring obly being able yo play nodr... I cant even touch kraken now..
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

It would be better we have both pve kill and elite pve kills