Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tradeables for achievements point

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Default Tradeables for achievements point

I suggest players can buy CTF kills and flags to other players, acording the last change that makes arcane pet achievement points (250 ap) tradeable.

If we can buy 250 ap why can't we buy 5.000 flags? I'd pay for it like people do with an arcane egg!

Please I need a reasonable answer of STS for not doing it!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

This is wrong, buy flags to get achievements? Achievement Points, are points earned for achieving something. Where's the hardwork in buying a flags to be on top of CTF capturer LB? Besides, I wouldnt be proud showing my 1Million CTF captures, if I know, I just bought it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TheStoic For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

But if u can buy an arcane egg for being in top players list, why not CTF flags or kills? I need an explanation, anyway I can undertand your position.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Because it is just unfair.
    Many many just want a fair playing field you know.
    AP LEADERBOARDS CAN BE BOUGHT thats just how it is. PLEASE DONT BRING IT TO PVP.
    I know there are others that do this but juaki we all know who we pvp with everyday who work hard for kills/deaths(lol) flag. We can tell who doesn't.
    Sig cred: Beelzeebob
    End Game Rogue Get-N-Paid
    Chances are I've probably killed you.
    Watch me on youtube : ) http://is.gd/YiK25Y

6. The Following User Says Thank You to iluvataris For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iluvataris View Post
    Because it is just unfair.
    Many many just want a fair playing field you know.
    AP LEADERBOARDS CAN BE BOUGHT thats just how it is. PLEASE DONT BRING IT TO PVP.
    I know there are others that do this but juaki we all know who we pvp with everyday who work hard for kills/deaths(lol) flag. We can tell who doesn't.
    Iluvataris I hope you understand what I mean... I only want to know why of the change of giving acane and flag achievement to whom buys hammerjaw or glacian for gold.

Look at this, for getting an arcane pet (0.01% loot probability) you have to buy and open a max of 10.000 crates (maybe less if you are lucky... like me). If you are a good businessman, 5k per crate, they cost 50 million gold and 150.000 plats for open it, 7.000-8.000$ more or less, if you buy 1.700 plat offer and half price offer.

Ah! and only 250 ap... I think beastmaster gives you 300 ap.

And now, with the change, you can buy it for 15 million gold????? THIS IS UNFAIR!!!

Best of this, is made the change in the middle of a season!!! worst impossible!!!

Unfortunate change!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Unfair :/ maybe to you. Cause you got lucky. I think 15 mil for an this achievement is more reasonable. Unless you did spend that much.. most of us aren't that lucky. And getting an arcane is like winning the lottery. You can't TRY to win the lottery. If you would end up broke and probabwaysy without winning. Any way its now more reasonable. I don't take AP lb seriously cause it can be bought. If pvp was the same. Or farming becomes anymore mainstream. I WOULD quit. Cause what's the point.
    Last edited by iluvataris; 06-26-2013 at 11:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Just no. Most achevments can be bought, PvP achevments you have to work for. That's how it needs to stay. I can tell you right now if I saw anyone in PvP that ended up buying what other have worked their butts off for(kills and flags) I would have no respect for said player

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

My phones acting up somehow made to many posts.
    you got lucky be thankful. I really don't take AP leaderboards seriously anyway. As its luck based with arcane and Challenger quest.if it happens it happens. Ill still be like "meh" I got lucky. If pvp was the same or ppl bought everything and farming was more main stream I would quit arcane legends.
    Last edited by iluvataris; 06-26-2013 at 11:46 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

You sound like you want AP lb to be impossible to get unless you are extremely lucky, as you have been. Not trying to be rude my friend. I just don't agree with you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Achievements need to be something you can "achieve" from hard work, effort, or skill in the game.

Prior to the change in how Arcane achievement was awarded, no amount of hard work, effort, or skill in the game would get you that achievement. It was simply luck. Now it can be achieved through hard work -- farming and saving your gold, and then purchasing an arcane egg. This was a necessary change to make this achievement something that can indeed be "achieved".

The PvP & PvE achievements can indeed all be accomplished by hard work and effort as is. There is no reason to change these. And defeating the elite bosses can be accomplished through skill and effort. In fact, for the PvP achievements you don't even have to be that good at PvP, you just have to work hard and put in the required time as KDR is not accounted for. You can have 10k kills and 20k deaths and still get the kills achievements.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

You sound like you want AP lb to be impossible to get unless you are extremely lucky, as you have been. Not trying to be rude my friend. I just don't agree with you.

Hi nintendo (^-^)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

That's just like filthy rich title, sorry but nobody achieved it...everybody combined money and helped each other get it
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

And getting an arcane is like winning the lottery. You can't TRY to win the lottery.
    This is how I feel about the Child's Play Achievement. STILL can't find it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Same I can't find the dude either but either. When I do that's 22450 AP and a leaderboard spot but "meh" lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

O agnasty is aplyed??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

O agnasty is aplyed??
    Yes i am ((^_^))

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    That's just like filthy rich title, sorry but nobody achieved it...everybody combined money and helped each other get it
    Sry to dissapoint u, but I achieved it without using gold from other players, but...
    I transferred it to all my other toons through stash, so all my toons got the achievement.

I'm pretty sure there are quite a few ppl who didn't need help.
    Anyway, I wouldn't give my gold to another player, so he/she can get the achievement, because the risk of being scammed is just too high.
    Last edited by Bebsi; 06-27-2013 at 12:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Achievements need to be something you can "achieve" from hard work, effort, or skill in the game.

Prior to the change in how Arcane achievement was awarded, no amount of hard work, effort, or skill in the game would get you that achievement. It was simply luck. Now it can be achieved through hard work -- farming and saving your gold, and then purchasing an arcane egg. This was a necessary change to make this achievement something that can indeed be "achieved".
    You despise the effort that several players have done for it. Defend your achievements and despise not those of others.

Yes, the achievement was a lotery and very hard to got it, now not so much, but it was the grace to open crates.

Not comparable to spend 50 million gold and 150,000 plats, with 15 million gold to buy it.

Please do not compare the effort, now is ridiculous. To me ashamed to show my banner because people ask me how much I paid.

To you change went well, I understand that defendas to death, but do not despise those who actually get with great effort. You can not imagine the crates that I had to farm, with great effort as you say, and platinum spent to get it.

If you were me, you would feel scammed by this change, and more in the middle of a season.

I understand your positions, respect mine.

Only want a STS answer, like a client.
    Last edited by juaki; 06-27-2013 at 02:04 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I never said it did not take lots of effort on your part. What I said is there was a large luck component involved. I don't think achievements should involve luck. Yes, there is always somewhat of a luck component in everything we do in this game. But for most achievements, luck is only a small part of it. To loot an arcane or mythic item from a locked crate, luck is the major component involved.

When my neighbor won the lottery, I did not congratulate him on his "achievement". I congratulated him on his luck and good fortune.

I understand you are upset because of all the plat you spent on trying to get the achievement. Just so you know, I spent a ton too, and did not loot an arcane (or mythic) item ever. I just do not think the system was fair. Unfortunately there is no way to go back now and fix it retroactively, but they can (and did) fix it going forward.

And BTW, during the first 2 weeks after Arcane items were released back in February, you could get the Arcane achievement just by borrowing an arcane item (hooks or egg) from your friend, and then giving it back. You didn't need to even hatch the egg. Then they changed that, and the reason they gave for the change was that they did not want players being scammed by those who asked to borrow the arcane item for the achievement, and then did not give it back. Since you cannot hatch an egg and then give it back, there is no issue of scamming here, so the current way fits in fine with the original STS goal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Natrich View Post
    This is how I feel about the Child's Play Achievement. STILL can't find it
    Yes, it is a lottery but all you need to invest is your time here.. no plats involved.. I'm sure that you would find him eventually.
    Of course I would prefer the challenger to appear as 100th (500th or even 1k'th) fight on arena instead of random, so you would know that it is the same for everybody..
    I do not know if I get lucky to find him after 3 days of doing only arena again and again, but I was almost about to stop doing that..
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=88929&dateline=136981  8890
    Signature created by marshmallow