Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which weapon should I use?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Default Which weapon should I use?

I just got my first mythic warrior weapon. I'm thinking whether I should use my mythic weapon or my hammer. The mythic weapon gives around 250 health more,50 mana more, DPS 20 plus more while the hammer gives 40 more damage.

Does anyone know which weapon should I use? Thanks.
    Lv 31 Warrior Chaokaban

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I like the entombed hammer of warfare, especially for PvP .. I don't know whether mythic sword-shield is better in PvE.
    Last edited by Wowsome; 07-02-2013 at 10:20 AM.
    .. RETIRED ..
    L31 PvE & L21 PvP
    ...Arcane Legends

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wowsome View Post
    I like the entombed hammer of warfare, especially for PvP .. I don't know whether mythic sword-shield is better in PvE.
    Have you tried the mythic sword and board in pvp?

Got a Warrior I am bringing up....... not sure I'll be able to get past the 30-31 bump though. Stupid me sold the maul eons ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Syylent View Post
    Have you tried the mythic sword and board in pvp?

Got a Warrior I am bringing up....... not sure I'll be able to get past the 30-31 bump though. Stupid me sold the maul eons ago.
    I personally haven't .. +dmg of hammer w.r.t. mythic just makes me like it more for PvP .. and got to hear similar feedback from friends.

And good that u sold it .. I would've done the same And why bother 30-->31 unless you want to make it main ..
    .. RETIRED ..
    L31 PvE & L21 PvP
    ...Arcane Legends

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wowsome View Post
    I personally haven't .. +dmg of hammer w.r.t. mythic just makes me like it more for PvP .. and got to hear similar feedback from friends.

And good that u sold it .. I would've done the same And why bother 30-->31 unless you want to make it main ..
    Thanks.

Yeah.. I keep saying that to myself. except I lost some friends in the sale.... people are greedy no matter where they are at... Fortunately they are just pixels.

Friends, only reason is because some friends decided to... Only way i will get there is if they level me though... I am just trying to get to 30.. 30-31? my eyes start to bleed just thinking of it. I guess all the end gamers telling us twinks that it is easy at twink levels made us curious how good they really are. First impressions from those there.... It is the same just with more gear choices and a greater gear discrepancy. Legend-Mythic-Arcane... Cept they gang more at high levels and are more noobish.

My main is level 21 and will always remain there even if he just bangs his head against the stone walls in CTF.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Syylent View Post
    Thanks.

Yeah.. I keep saying that to myself. except I lost some friends in the sale.... people are greedy no matter where they are at... Fortunately they are just pixels.

Friends, only reason is because some friends decided to... Only way i will get there is if they level me though... I am just trying to get to 30.. 30-31? my eyes start to bleed just thinking of it. I guess all the end gamers telling us twinks that it is easy at twink levels made us curious how good they really are. First impressions from those there.... It is the same just with more gear choices and a greater gear discrepancy. Legend-Mythic-Arcane... Cept they gang more at high levels and are more noobish.

My main is level 21 and will always remain there even if he just bangs his head against the stone walls in CTF.
    I have occasionally entered 31 PvP, and it's not worth the crazy XP grinding. What you said is true, but there are few exceptional players.

Cheers to L21, haters gonna hate.
    .. RETIRED ..
    L31 PvE & L21 PvP
    ...Arcane Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

In my experience I got more kills with the entombed hammer but lost many games.
    Whereas I survived longer when using my mythic sword and got less kills but could help my team more.

Apparently you didn`t spend much time at endgame PvP Wowsome. There are many exceptional players.
    As a full time twinker and endgame player myself I can also state that the maturity level at endgame is MUCH higher at endgame than at
    twink lvls. I have yet too see someone saying 'SIT', 'ZZZZ', 'U suck' etc. at endgame. Can`t say the same about twinks.
    And it`s called teamplay not ganging.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

To each his own, man. No disrespect whatsoever. Closed on this already , I don't want to go wildly off-topic.
    .. RETIRED ..
    L31 PvE & L21 PvP
    ...Arcane Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chaokaban View Post
    I just got my first mythic warrior weapon. I'm thinking whether I should use my mythic weapon or my hammer. The mythic weapon gives around 250 health more,50 mana more, DPS 20 plus more while the hammer gives 40 more damage.

Does anyone know which weapon should I use? Thanks.
    I use a Pavise in PvP, however, my style of playing in PvP may seem a bit unorthodox to many warriors out there. I firmly believe (in this particular game) that my job is to keep my teammates alive, while creating a burden for opposing sorcs and rogues. By this I mean being a pure meat shield while my team burns the other team down, through means of creating a defensive barrier between their DPS and mine. With that being said, I tend to stick with my team. Many will complain endlessly calling this "ganging". This is the first PvP game where I've seen people complain about teamwork in CTF (a team-concept game). Anyway, I simply cannot do the damage necessary to kill others in PvP, while maintaining a pure-tank spec for the PvE element of the game.

However, with the right gear and spec, you can absolutely be what we call a "glass cannon". There are many good warriors out there that can kill as necessary. Hopefully they chime in on this conversation. However, I don't think the Pavise is their weapon of choice. I would say L30 Pit Sword, Abyssal Flamberge, or Entombed Hammer would be your best damage weapons.

Hope this helps a little. I dislike PvP on my warrior in this game - a topic which merits its own thread.
    Last edited by Taejo; 07-02-2013 at 07:49 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Taejo For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    I use a Pavise in PvP, however, my style of playing in PvP may seem a bit unorthodox to many warriors out there. I firmly believe (in this particular game) that my job is to keep my teammates alive, while creating a burden for opposing sorcs and rogues. By this I mean being a pure meat shield while my team burns the other team down, through means of creating a defensive barrier between their DPS and mine. With that being said, I tend to stick with my team. Many will complain endlessly calling this "ganging". This is the first PvP game where I've seen people complain about teamwork in CTF (a team-concept game). Anyway, I simply cannot do the damage necessary to kill others in PvP, while maintaining a pure-tank spec for the PvE element of the game.

However, with the right gear and spec, you can absolutely be what we call a "glass cannon". There are many good warriors out there that can kill as necessary. Hopefully they chime in on this conversation. However, I don't think the Pavise is their weapon of choice. I would say L30 Pit Sword, Abyssal Flamberge, or Entombed Hammer would be your best damage weapons.

Hope this helps a little. I dislike PvP on my warrior in this game - a topic which merits its own thread.
    Agreed it does merit its own thread...The skill juggernaut come to mind.

Also a very good warrior that I truly admire as an in game friend also stated that a tank should be a tank in pvp at end game. Even at twink levels in a true 5v5 a tank that is tanky changes the game. Although it won't get those precious kills, as you stated he puts a buffer between dps.

A true tank will never get a kill.... sadly pvp is defined by that.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Syylent For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Just did some more rounds of tdm.
    And I would still recommend you the sword.
    Like Syylent said the best tanks are not these who deal the most damage rather than
    the tanks who manage to keep their team alive.
    And I noticed it`s more about timing than weapon if you wanna get kills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Same but different question.

I'm using AT by chance... -_- and I feel some cd time in the middle of fight..

Which weapon is the best for pvp?
    Hammer, mythic or abyssal?
    Aegis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mstj View Post
    Same but different question.

I'm using AT by chance... -_- and I feel some cd time in the middle of fight..

Which weapon is the best for pvp?
    Hammer, mythic or abyssal?
    Not trying to sound rude but did you read the entire thread? There is no 'magical' weapon that dominates in PvP - it all depends on your play style. But a few of us have already gone over the core concept of what we feel a warrior should be doing in PvP. You should be able to determine for yourself which weapon best suits you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    Not trying to sound rude but did you read the entire thread? There is no 'magical' weapon that dominates in PvP - it all depends on your play style. But a few of us have already gone over the core concept of what we feel a warrior should be doing in PvP. You should be able to determine for yourself which weapon best suits you.
    Well. I am not asking which is the 'magic' weapon for pvp, but asking which weapon would make better overall dmg with AT + it's Cd.
    I have hammer but it's kind of slow during cd. So asking if dps weapons work better or not.
    Is that too much to ask some opinion before I spend 2m on abyssal or 1m for mythic to just try?

Read what I am asking first.
    Last edited by Excuses; 07-07-2013 at 10:47 AM.
    Aegis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Well. I am not asking which is the 'magic' weapon for pvp, but asking which weapon would make better overall dmg with AT + it's Cd.
    I have hammer but it's kind of slow during cd. So asking if dps weapons work better or not.
    Is that too much to ask some opinion before I spend 2m on abyssal or 1m for mythic to just try?

I did read what you're asking - and again, this question is already answered if you read the entire thread. On a side note, DMG is what effects a skill's damage output, not DPS. DPS is when you press the auto attack button and swing your weapon normally. So whichever weapon gives you the most DMG is what will make AT and CS a more powerful skill to use. You're better off using a Pavise.

By the way, Abyssal is not 2m so maybe shop around for a better price on that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

-_-
    I know what dmg and dps.. if you don't know what I mean, please don't answer.
    Aegis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mstj
    I know what dmg and dps.. if you don't know what I mean, please don't answer.
    OK, your original post:

Ok, well, obviously you're not being very clear because no one else is responding to you. I'm trying to help you here. What I am reading is you asking which weapon will do the most damage with AT + cool down intervals. If you're going to be autoattacking in between AT's cooldown, then the answer is: whichever weapon boosts your DPS the highest. If you're going to use only other skills in between AT's cooldown, then the answer is: whichever weapon boosts your DAMAGE the highest. But you already knew that, you said.

So, go to the CS and see how the different weapons effect your stats. Or, you can use the below link which is a stat calculator. Good luck.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...alculators-com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

i feel like dps also effects the speed of charging auto atcks. when charging auto atck using hammer(any hammer) it takes so mch time to fully charge comparing using sword/shield (any high dps)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGunX View Post
    i feel like dps also effects the speed of charging auto atcks. when charging auto atck using hammer(any hammer) it takes so mch time to fully charge comparing using sword/shield (any high dps)

I was waiting the answer like this. Real user experience.
    I know what you are saying teaejo. I am asking 'overall' dmg. Skill + auto attack. Hammer is sooo slow(dmg weapon), so asking if less dmg + high dps make overall better dmg and better performance in pvp.
    And not many ppl might test AT + those weapon. I didn't really expect full answers.
    Thanks for trying to answer. But that's not what I am asking.

@ shadow
    I have noticed too. Hard to cancel other's skill.
    I heard aby is 'slow' too. I don't figure what it means tho.
    Aegis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Storm sword of Assault... best sword with Entombed Hammer of Warfare.

The mythic sword is useless without the armor and helmet.