Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best pvp and pve build (rogues)!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Lightbulb best pvp and pve build (rogues)!!

i've tested all these builds and my friends did , and all these builds r one of the best builds as far i know :

pvp

*base stats points : all in dexterity
    *skills points :
    1- shadow piercer + shadow absorption
    2- aimed shot full 5\5
    3- combat medic + effective packs + extra packs + good medicine
    *passives points:
    1- agility 5\5
    2- knowledge 5\5
    3- damage 5\5
    4- critical shot 4\5 or 4\5 might

note (there is a special tactic for 1 vs 1)

pve

*base stats points :all in dexterity
    *skills points :
    1- shadow piercer + shadow absorbtion + leading daggers
    2- aimed shot full 5\5
    3- noxious bolt + fragmentation + serrated arrowhead
    4- shadow veil + masked presence + shadow absorption + lingering fumes
    *passives points :
    1- agility 5\5
    2- knowledge 5\5
    3- damage 5\5

note (u must invite mages to your party for the mana , and use shadow piercer for your hp , vs bosses use aimed shot and noxious bolt no need for shadow piercer )

Do not criticize the builds unless you have already tried
    Last edited by Xbadboyx; 07-04-2013 at 01:22 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Xbadboyx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

as a rogue i dont care about pve but all what i do is actually PVP and yes the pvp build that you have posted happens to
    be one of the best if not the best build of all
    Last edited by Filthyness; 07-03-2013 at 10:37 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

As far as your pvp build goes it's pretty beast but I personally think adding Nox would help tons because of its fast regen and the fact that if you continuously use it the damage stacks. Also, I would suggest max packs instead of 4/5 packs.

That's my 2 cents tho.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

nah , my build is better , bro aimed is better and it has the same regen time and the shadow piercer too , u should use just the best extension 5\5 is not good u r just wasting points ..btw these builds are being used by the top rogues..pro rogues.
    and again i say ( Do not criticize the builds unless you have already tried )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Lvl of these?

Edit:Its lvl31

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I have long played with your PvE build but it has some disadvantages IMO.

You have 3 skils with 2 sec cooldown. Nox only hits 6 targets if charged while shadow piercer needs to be charged too if you want to hit multiple targets. Then there's the issue with shadow piercer placing all your skills on cooldown when activated.

Even if you'd only charge SP, you wouldn't be able to 'spam your skills' continously because of the low cooldowns of these 3 skills. This means that skills that aren't on cooldown can't be used and the damage they would deal is delayed as a consequence.

Then, although less of an issue, there's the huge mana consumption of this build. You can only fire those skills a couple of times before you need to pot mana. This becomes a problem coupled with the above mentioned cooldown 'issues' of skills. It's not that big of a problem because you can pot mana right after a charged SP, it's just that it's a bit harder to manage if you want to use a normal amount of mana pots.

Then, when elite farming Nordr, there are those ice patches. Sooner or later you will zip from one enemy right over an ice patch with charged SP. This means absolutely no damage will be dealt by you for the duration of you being frozen.

Next, there's the AoE damage or lack thereof. Although SP does some nice damage, it only damages a maximum of 3 targets. There are better skills for AoE damage like Nox or Trap that damage an unlimited amount of mobs, or have a chance to nicely bunch everything together (trap with net) so your team can finish those mobs of quicker and easier. In any elite run, except boss gauntlets, mob killing takes up most of the time of a run, so it would make sense to spec in a way that would allow you to kill off mobs the quickest way possible.

So in the end, although I love SP, for elite runs it's not the best skill to choose IMO.

I know everyone has their own preferences but I also know for a fact that at least some of 'the leaderboard for timed runs' rogues, don't use SP at all. I only know some of them, so it's a small sample rate but we have discussed builds in great detail and they rarely used SP for a pure PvE specced rogue.

Furthermore, during free respec weekend I did a ton of timed solo hauntlet runs with various builds to see what would allow me to clear hauntlet the quickest way possible and ditching SP for either trap or Nox sped up my runs by a fair margin.

Just to make sure, I'm not saying your build is a bad build by any means. Heck I ran with it a long time and liked it a lot. But, because of everything I mentioned above, I'd personally ditch SP for one of the AoE skills like trap or Nox. It also makes your build much more manageable in therms of mana and continous 'skill spamming' and clears mobs in the quickest way possible.

I do agree mostly with the rest of your build though, it's just SP that doesn't seem like the 'optimal' skill to go for.

At least that's my opinion about it

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

thx jaytb for ur comment , i said u need mage in ur party for mana , use (shadow piercer , aimed shot , shadow veil) for mobs
    and (aimed shot and noxious bolt and shadow veil) for elite bosses..with this way u will use just 3 skills which means u will save
    some mana pots .

and there is no need to use razor sheild bcs i think its useless bcs the low dmg it does.

u need to find a good tactic for the builds i gave , for an example : what i told u about sp/aim/shadow for mobs and aimed/nex/shadow for bosses.
    and these are one of the best builds which had been tested , again thx for ur comment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thats the build that i use and i think its the best so far.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to yastsiogma97e For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

not best build but keep using easier for meeee:-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by okahef View Post
    not best build but keep using easier for meeee:-)
    well zaolo some of rogues use (aimed/ nox /sp /heal) or (aimed / nox / heal) but i think (aimed /sp /heal) is good enough to be one of the best builds.
    anyway most of the rouges who i played vs in pvp and killed me r using these skills
    Last edited by Xbadboyx; 07-04-2013 at 01:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

thx all for sharing ur opinions!
    Last edited by Xbadboyx; 07-04-2013 at 01:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Pretty sure the dmg passives are a waste. the points would be better spent to a more direct damage skill nox bolt.

5% dmg increase must be (say 280dmg) +14 dmg

+14 damage must increase your skill hit by about 20-30? but when you get nox bolt, its an immediate 200+damage.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I made a new 30 rogue and I can confirm that your build works nicely Xbadboy.

@Bird
    +14 dmg doesn`t result in only 20-30 more real skill damage. It definitely adds way more due to aimed shot`s multiplicator (2k non passive crits vs 2,4-5k with dmg passive crits for me)
    And nox is pretty weak at 30/31. Deals around 400-600 damage whereas shadow piercer (800+) and aimed shot 1,8k+ do the lion share of damage.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Spects For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    Pretty sure the dmg passives are a waste. the points would be better spent to a more direct damage skill nox bolt.

5% dmg increase must be (say 280dmg) +14 dmg

+14 damage must increase your skill hit by about 20-30? but when you get nox bolt, its an immediate 200+damage.
    lol no no 5\5 dmg does make a huge!! difference , for my warrior its is usefull so how about rogues? it will be too useful .

agian i say (Do not criticize the builds unless you have already tried)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spects View Post
    I made a new 30 rogue and I can confirm that your build works nicely Xbadboy.

@Bird
    +14 dmg doesn`t result in only 20-30 more real skill damage. It definitely adds way more due to aimed shot`s multiplicator (2k non passive crits vs 2,4-5k with dmg passive crits for me)
    And nox is pretty weak at 30/31. Deals around 400-600 damage whereas shadow piercer (800+) and aimed shot 1,8k+ do the lion share of damage.
    noxiuos bolt is very useful vs bosses (aimed and noxious (damge increase every nox hit 15%)) , thx all for sharing opinions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

that build is for 1 on 1.

Dmg passive is kinda useless for me...Aim and SP combo is risky in 2on2 or more because when you use sp its makes you invulnerable to attacks and will make u the primary target.. and for clashes this 2 skills will not suffice to kill fast.

Nox is an awesome skill for PVP in all aspect.. you can just snipe from a far (aim + nox = if critical its one shot if your dmg is high but normally it takes 2 shots to kill, 3 shot is normally SP (aka..Killing blow) depends on situation!) and when they come closer using sp just spawn you packs (5/5) so if there's one more
    coming after you its not a problem.. btw. packs with Trauma surgeon is awesome specially when dealing with 2 rouges or mage stun, ice+lightning builds.. casting heal is aroung 700-800+...

Nox (4/4) is the best skills in clashes due to its dot effect and its 10% increase overtime as long as the target is poisoned.

best example for this is when dealing with alpha wolf.. try hitting continuously with nox without miss until his life is 50%, he will cast reflect, and even if you don't hit him you will die in the stacking damage of your own poison. try it and see how powerful it is..

now apply this in PVP 5 vs 5 clashes (clashes is normally compressed fights so with nox you can hit 3 targets) warrior shields makes them invulnerable for 2 secs but as long as they are being poisoned their life will keep decreasing. and the good part is you just snipe, stand till and spam 2 skills.. once the opponent is reduced to 2 you can start using SP. (SP with Absorption).. just saying... Great day!

in PVE, i just removed Packs and put it to Smoke 3/3..and max dex,int,str passives..
    Last edited by crazyangle03; 07-04-2013 at 08:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crazyangle03 View Post
    that build is for 1 on 1.

Dmg passive is kinda useless for me...Aim and SP combo is risky in 2on2 or more because when you use sp its makes you invulnerable to attacks and will make u the primary target.. and for clashes this 2 skills will not suffice to kill fast.

Nox is an awesome skill for PVP in all aspect.. you can just snipe from a far (aim + nox = if critical its one shot if your dmg is high but normally it takes 2 shots to kill, 3 shot is normally SP (aka..Killing blow) depends on situation!) and when they come closer using sp just spawn you packs (5/5) so if there's one more
    coming after you its not a problem.. btw. packs with Trauma surgeon is awesome specially when dealing with 2 rouges or mage stun, ice+lightning builds.. casting heal is aroung 700-800+...

Nox (4/4) is the best skills in clashes due to its dot effect and its 10% increase overtime as long as the target is poisoned.

best example for this is when dealing with alpha wolf.. try hitting continuously with nox without miss until his life is 50%, he will cast reflect, and even if you don't hit him you will die in the stacking damage of your own poison. try it and see how powerful it is..

now apply this in PVP 5 vs 5 clashes (clashes is normally compressed fights so with nox you can hit 3 targets) warrior shields makes them invulnerable for 2 secs but as long as they are being poisoned their life will keep decreasing. and the good part is you just snipe, stand till and spam 2 skills.. once the opponent is reduced to 2 you can start using SP. (SP with Absorption).. just saying... Great day!

in PVE, i just removed Packs and put it to Smoke 3/3..and max dex,int,str passives..
    this build isnt 1 on 1 ..u just need a tactic to use ur skills with..for an example:in pvp stay behind ur team and keep using aimed
    shot and run away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

what is your other skill SP, When you SP on clashes you'll die instantly, you supposed to stay back but when you SP u move forward and become the target (even you run back the arrows will hit you).. just for info.. also Aim shot is also cooling down you cant spam it like potions.. also nox cool down is faster than aim, so killing is faster with aim-nox combo.

you only run in clashes if your being chased and still kite.. but for some instances you wont be chased as once they do they get out of the aoe zone for heal

for Clashes...tactics? or you mean Good positioning and observation?

this build relies mainly with critical chance, (30-31% with critical passive on a full mythic set (rouge to rouge encounters) however if for some reasons you didn't get critical hit in your 2 skills combo... 3 skill combo is enough to kill you even without critical hit..

its one of the Good Builds but not one of the Best.
    Last edited by crazyangle03; 07-04-2013 at 10:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

btw rogues depends on steeling kills from others with and sp /aimed ,and they are the best for scoring in pvp the most of pro rogues use these skills as i see in all the matches.

u need sp bcs it gives u hp , which means u can become the target and u wont die bcs ur team will heal and u also will and thats what pvp rogues do ..if u dont like this way then stay behind and use aimed shot..in case u want to use nox instead of sp
    then u will die faster at 1 on 1 and team vs team and u wont be able to run away from warriors windmill or mages time shift ..which means u will be an easy target , so my build still on of the best . rogues without sp as same as mages without sheild
    its a main skill like skyward smash or fire ball u cant make build without it.
    sometimes the problem isnt in the build , but its in the player bcs he/she dont know how to use skills with the best tactic.

maybe there is a good build for rogues with nox bolt , but we r talking here about sp and aimed
    not nox , there is more than 1 build for pvp (from the best) for rogues but here im explaining the aimed /sp /heal build

Do not criticize the builds unless you have already tried it.
    Last edited by Xbadboyx; 07-04-2013 at 10:40 PM.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xbadboyx
    (Do not criticize the builds unless you have already tried)
    Why do you not want criticism "unless you've tried," he was just simply stating something that he thought. If you don't want criticism, don't use the forums.