PL review
Pocket Legends is a 3D MMORPG, and is available on both mobile and PC platforms. With 5 classes, more than a dozen campaigns, and a level cap of 76, PL is easily the biggest of the 4 STS games (though it’s not likely the biggest moneymaker, since the release of AL). While PL is not the most refined of the STS games, it is perhaps the most sophisticated and complex of the four. I’ll discuss the technical aspects of the game later, first I should discuss the business model and how well supported the game is, as there’s no point playing a game if you have to pay through the nose to get a badly supported game (you don’t, but reviews are supposed to have more detail than that).

Business model: PL is a free-to-play game, but it is not necessary to pay money in order to advance like so many others (Spiral Knights, for example. While very fun, it’s virtually impossible to advance to the highest levels of the game without paying). The main things you can spend plat (the in-game currency that can only be purchased, not traded for) are character upgrades like expanded inventories and more stash slots, vanity items like hats, pets, and armor, and elixirs. Of the three, I suspect vanity items are the biggest moneymaker. Stash and inventory slots are cheap and most players don’t make repeat purchases. Elixirs are frequently purchases by a small number (10% or so) of the player base, but are cheap enough that I suspect a fair number of players use free platinum offers to obtain elixirs. Vanity items, on the other hand, are ubiquitous and most players tend to build up a small collection. The one thing that plat isn’t heavily spent on is gold. To make another Spiral Knights comparison (because it’s the only other MMORPG I play), players frequently purchase the paid currency of Crystal Energy and then sell it for the basic currency of crowns. PL players, by and large do not, mostly because the exchange ratio is pathetically out of balance (obtaining gold by buying plat would require spend upwards of $80 to obtain valuable gear, and absurd amount by any standards). The poor plat-to-gold exchange ratio is one of the few weakness of PL, and perhaps the most glaring. However, despite this, PL business model is still a strength of the game, since players can reach endgame levels and obtain top-end gear without spend any money at all.

Support: PL has not received the massive amounts of updates and support that Arcane Legends has lately gotten, but it is still well supported by STS. Support generally responds quickly to requests and I’ve never had them fail to be able to help me out with something (from getting back a deleted item to finding out who kicked people out of my guild). To be far, the slow pace of updates does allow new players to actually reach the level cap before a new expansion comes out (and the updates are only slowly paced, not the glacial pace that SL has suffered through).

Classes: PL has 5 classes, most of which are able to multi-spec and use multiple types of weapons and gear without becoming useless (a feature that is sadly absent from other STS games). Before we take a look at the game mechanics, we should examine the classes that those mechanics support.
Enchantess (aka mage): Mages are the main support class of PL, with a skill set based around buffing and healing allies, debuffing enemies, and moderate damage dealing. They are surprisingly capable in heated combat, to the point that the usual “magic users are glass cannons” trope is inverted, with high level mages able to rapidly out-heal incoming damage, but have trouble burning through the considerable health of high level mobs in a reasonable amount of time. “Iron BB gun” might be the best term. Many players put all their points into INT, becoming a “nuke mage”, who have the highest damage output and weakest armor of the subtypes. The INT/DEX build is another build, though not (in my opinion) the best one, since the dextress trades a lot of points for only marginally better armor and weapons. The final type is the INT/STR build nicknamed the Pally, a build that trades out some skill damage for much tougher armor and the ability to use melee weapons.
Paladin: Paladins are a support/tanking class of PL, with two healing skills, several buffs, debuffs, taunts, and a few other support skills. They have a hard time dealing damage, but with their range of healing and buff skills, they are virtually impossible to kill (call them adamantium nerf guns). The paladin, as one of the new classes, is still being figured out by the community, so well defined subclasses have not yet emerged.
Warriors (aka Ursans or Bears): Warriors are the primary tanking class of PL, with a large set of tanking skills and a small number of damage dealing skills and debuffs. They can handle themselves in a fight, but because of their skill set they tend to attract far more heat than they can absorb, and struggle to deal out enough damage to fight through large crowds (the Soldier and Heavy classes of Team Fortress 2 fame are close analogs). Unlike Mages and Paladins, Warriors cannot effectively fight on their own, and must be supported by classes with healing skills. This is especially true of bears with a pure STR build, who struggle to counter the current endgame mechanics. The normal solution is to mix in a little DEX, trading off some HP for dodge and hit%. The other bear build is the INT Bear, which has little practical value in actual game play (as it can perform many roles with reasonable effectives, but excels at nothing. The classic “Jack of all trades, master of none” situation).
Dex Classes (Avians and Foxes): I don’t know too much about these classes, other than they tend to hog most of the kills on any given run. They play very similarly from my perspective. Nominal function was dealing damage to bosses, but skill tweaks and game mechanics have turned them into “kill-everything-everywhere” murder machines.

Other: the Dodge stat is rather broken at the moment, as player health and armor have not increased fast enough to counter increased mob damage, leaving dodging as the only viable counter (and consequently weakening all non DEX-based classes by forcing them to dump points into dex rather than their primary stat. Warriors and Paladins get the worst of this). Most classes have one or two skills that are effectively useless (the Warrior’s Restore skill and Paladin’s Vital Force being two of the largest examples), which does free up points for other, more effective skills. Mob and environment design is relatively diverse, albeit with a fair amount of copy-pasting at high levels. The mobs themselves are functional and well balanced, with only a handful of bosses being far above the established difficulty curve (ex, the Alien Overlord). The game’s story is a little…nonexistent, with no over-arching threads connecting campaigns or character depth for the various NPCs, but I doubt that will affect your enjoyment of the game all that much.
Overall, I find PL to be an enjoyable game, and would recommend it to anyone interested in a fun way to pass their free time.