Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Defiance

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    Haha Crim, gz on taking ur first footsteps in larger MMOs!

RIFT looks cool and stuff.. But afaIk it's only available free to play till like lvl 15 or something. Lotsa things u mentioned are common feats of any large PC MMO. The thing is though, that not so many PC MMOs are available on PS3 or Xbox360. Simply because PCs can handle so much more and thingssuch as keybindings or UI modifications give PC gamers and advantage, not to mention even performance. There are lots of MMOs out there which have even more players even theyn they are just for PC.

Everyone has their own taste in MMOs (I personally love Star Wars: The Old Republic - which is totally free ;P!) and u will find ur own MMO by trying different ones.
    My thing is I have never been a "PC gamer." I don't know if it is because I grew up with a "controller" in my hand or because I use a keyboard all day long in my career that I don't want to use one to play games with. I am also more of a sports gamer (Madden, NCAA, NBA2k, etc.) and many of these games are not offered on PC. I also have a family and tying up all the computers for 5 people to play would make the wife a very unhappy camper. Xbox just announced Diablo will be available for sell in September and I am crossing my fingers it will be cross-platform as well.

None the less, I am loving Defiance. I have still yet to PvP because I am so busy finding extra things to do. I am about to reach level 1000 (so 1/5 of the way to the "cap"), and have yet to feel like I am grinding. I have also not been able to loot my first "orange" weapon which keeps me going at it. And unlike STS games, ALL weapons are useful in this game and most can be modified even if they are not of top rarity. I will update this again if I venture into the PvP world to see what the differences are.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    Haha Crim, gz on taking ur first footsteps in larger MMOs!

RIFT looks cool and stuff.. But afaIk it's only available free to play till like lvl 15 or something. Lotsa things u mentioned are common feats of any large PC MMO. The thing is though, that not so many PC MMOs are available on PS3 or Xbox360. Simply because PCs can handle so much more and thingssuch as keybindings or UI modifications give PC gamers and advantage, not to mention even performance. There are lots of MMOs out there which have even more players even theyn they are just for PC.

Everyone has their own taste in MMOs (I personally love Star Wars: The Old Republic - which is totally free ;P!) and u will find ur own MMO by trying different ones.
    If you can tolerate EA's free to play model (it sucks) then you won't have issues with rift. The only thing paying gets you is some extra character slots, gold boosters, xp boosters and stuff of the sort. When you're on a free account you can only have two slots but you can cap each of them and access all game content. Also you can buy the game disk for around 20 bucks and that'll also get you some character slots ( the disk isn't necessary since the game went free to play)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta