Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 51 Bird?

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

Default 51 Bird?

Anyone have a build and skill attributes?

I have FF Gemstone Sword Set and Raid Roach Xbow Set
    Should I get any other sets?

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Are you going dex or mixed?
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    Are you going dex or mixed?
    Mixed.
    Is full any good?

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InternalNinja View Post
    Mixed.
    Is full any good?
    IMO it's better in FFA, but if you are mainly into 'go' based fights I would suggest mixed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Pure dex is best IMO. Higher hit, crit, and damage (skill and weapon), and better mana regen (depending on what you use.) Many birds at 51 do str/dex mix and a skilled bird will beat them.

I have always been pure dex and use a few different combinations for gear:

1. Sentinel Shotgun Set - IMO, best OVERALL set because of it's damage, range, regen, and armor. It also has good dodge for when you face those mix birds.

2. Raid Roach Helm/Recurve with Sewer King Leather - High hit, crit, and damage with less range vs. Sentinel. Need SK leather for some mana regen as RR does not provide any at 51 due to no bonus like 55. Using a RR Autobow with this set will give you range against other ranged toons if you can't afford Sentinel.

3. Drainer's - Shouldn't have to explain for this one. Works well against the mix builds but doesn't work well on a mix build (not enough damage.)

These are what I have always used on my 51 bird's and been very successful.
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Pure dex is best IMO. Higher hit, crit, and damage (skill and weapon), and better mana regen (depending on what you use.) Many birds at 51 do str/dex mix and a skilled bird will beat them.

I have always been pure dex and use a few different combinations for gear:

1. Sentinel Shotgun Set - IMO, best OVERALL set because of it's damage, range, regen, and armor. It also has good dodge for when you face those mix birds.

2. Raid Roach Helm/Recurve with Sewer King Leather - High hit, crit, and damage with less range vs. Sentinel. Need SK leather for some mana regen as RR does not provide any at 51 due to no bonus like 55. Using a RR Autobow with this set will give you range against other ranged toons if you can't afford Sentinel.

3. Drainer's - Shouldn't have to explain for this one. Works well against the mix builds but doesn't work well on a mix build (not enough damage.)

These are what I have always used on my 51 bird's and been very successful.
    This is really good advice^^
    But a skilled hybrid bird could beat a full, just depends on what your used to. Dodge, dodge is what a mixed bird survives off, l51 bird has the pi I may be able to get you a build later but here is the gear-
    •Royal helm and armor/sewer bow or rr recurve or l50 fb. (Against most enemies.)
    •Royal helm and armor/ff sword and shield. (Against enemies using a sword and shield.)
    I feel like this is the way to go but it's your choice.
    Last edited by Argyros; 07-16-2013 at 08:18 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Argyros View Post
    But a skilled hybrid bird could beat a full. Dodge, dodge is what a mixed bird survives off. I may be able to get you a build later but here is the gear-
    •Royal helm and armor/sewer bow or rr recurve or l50 fb. (Against most enemies.)
    •Royal helm and armor/ff sword and shield. (Against enemies using a sword and shield.)
    In order to be skilled at hybrid, you also have to be skilled at pure. Dodge is not a skill, it is luck and what too many people (including STS) depend on nowadays. With time, patience, and practice, pure dex is by far better. As a hybrid, you lose a ton of skill damage and with hit being so low, debuffs from other toons will destroy you if you don't dodge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Full dex. My load outs are as follows:

1) Sentinel gun set
    2) Raid set
    3) SK Leather, 51 forg bow, drainer helm
    4) Regen set

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

Guys, I lvled to 55 and used custom.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

^name?

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Hereditysucksbad

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkied View Post
    ^name?
    I'm in your guild.
    Gemstone Generation right?

IGN: Heredity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Pure
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Argyros View Post
    But a skilled hybrid bird could beat a full. Dodge, dodge is what a mixed bird survives off. I may be able to get you a build later but here is the gear-
    In order to be skilled at hybrid, you also have to be skilled at pure. Dodge is not a skill, it is luck and what too many people (including STS) depend on nowadays. With time, patience, and practice, pure dex is by far better. As a hybrid, you lose a ton of skill damage and with hit being so low, debuffs from other toons will destroy you if you don't dodge.
    I can't keep up the conversation well since a have now lvled up my bird to 71. ^^ I definitely agree that pure is very good, once mastered hybrid is good to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

@op, your signature is contradicting with your question, 'bes custom burd' does not need to learn anything.

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by legendfb View Post
    @op, your signature is contradicting with your question, 'bes custom burd' does not need to learn anything.
    OP?
    I lvled from 51 to 55..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InternalNinja View Post
    OP?
    I lvled from 51 to 55..
    Original Post. He is stating you shouldn't be asking for help when you are the "best." What he didn't pay attention to is this thread originated when you were 51.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Original Post. He is stating you shouldn't be asking for help when you are the "best." What he didn't pay attention to is this thread originated when you were 51.
    The true fact is, even a good player does not need help for all levels specially if he's good at any fairly balanced level for any particular class, here we're talking about 5 level difference and also he recently leveled and he found himself as 'bes'.

I also really always wonder at the fact that, if any player is near top class, he must have good knowledge on mechanics, builds etc, not just copy someone build, tacticts on stuck on that. Now if the player is really that much good he does not need help at every level.

This thing really seems contradicting to me. This's not the only one case, I notice it frequently, thus reacted to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by legendfb View Post
    The true fact is, even a good player does not need help for all levels specially if he's good at any fairly balanced level for any particular class, here we're talking about 5 level difference and also he recently leveled and he found himself as 'bes'.

I also really always wonder at the fact that, if any player is near top class, he must have good knowledge on mechanics, builds etc, not just copy someone build, tacticts on stuck on that. Now if the player is really that much good he does not need help at every level.

This thing really seems contradicting to me. This's not the only one case, I notice it frequently, thus reacted to it.
    Your logic is flawed in many ways:

1. His signature, like many others on forums, are an attempt at humor. Just because he states he is the best does not mean he actually thinks it.

2. Just because a player is good at a certain level does NOT make them a "pro" nor does it mean they know everything at that level or other levels. I have been around for almost 3 years and continue to learn things through other players and self experimentation.

3. Gear, admit it or not, does have differences to it every few levels. Range, damage, armor, hit, set bonuses, and so on change quite a bit from one twinking "zone" to the next. The range of Raid/Custom is far less than Obedience. Range on Sanguine is less than Demonic and Humanian gear. If you become use to one type of style, it is a learning process to become familiar with another and fight those who are use to it. I know when I play a lot on my 61 bird then drop to my 50 bird, it takes me a bit to remember my ranges and changes in skill makeup. It is not as cut and dry as you say it is.

You are in a round about way bashing Internal for a simple post. Just because you think you are "pro" and know everything about PvP because of one level doesn't mean it is reality. Gathering opinions is how we learn. If you don't understand that, then leave him, and others seeking help, alone and allow them to learn their way.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

To be honest, I really feel this is what happens when you try to forcefully criticise someone.

You call it 'bashing'? When I just feel it's contradictory saying "bes" where asking for builds for nearly same level zone i.e l51-55. This is real funny.

I won't say more about your tactics or something that's the majority of peoples follow, but always my opinions are totally different on this matter that, you have learn everything for different levels and gears.

You just contradicted on one thing that, if someone understand the mechanics still he need to learn from others that how range, hit blah blah should be applied for different levels and gear, then he does not understand mechanics properly, that's the contradiction rather he would be able to teach others, this is your hit %, dodge, crit etc, so this should be your tactics. Again just to remind I did not mention it atall that anyone should not ask questions, rather forum is actually for this purpose.

- I'm a pro or noob worse or best, that does not matter,
    Last edited by Waug; 07-18-2013 at 10:35 AM.