Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Yes.. Good Idea... Lets raise funds for STG

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Thanks Ener - I see how old this post is too!

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

I never had the chance to comment on this thread while it was on page 1.

I think this is a well thought out idea. I like the fact that it's simply a 1-for-1 swap with the actual armor, and not creating one out of thin air or a duplicate. This keeps it's rarity and uniqueness to a maximum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Love this idea!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Sam said a while back there was some discussion of creating a way to turn any armor or helm into a vanity item. I think this is a great idea, and came up with a solution that will help STS raise some revenue and will make the players happy.....

1) Locked Crates will have a chance to give a rare item called a "vanity coin". These coins can be traded and sold in the auction. They appear in your inventory in the section where it shows your chests & eggs.

2) In Kraag, there will be an NPC called the "Vanity Blacksmith". He will charge 3 vanity coins and will convert any armor or helm to a vanity item.

3) The new vanity item can also be traded and sold in the auction.

One issue that comes up here is what should the name of the vanity items be? There are so many different helms and armors, it would get very confusing. Also, you have cases where the same item in different levels has different looks. For example, a sorcerer demonlord "of will" level 20 armor is a different color than the same item in level 21. Vanities are all level 1, so obviously the only way you would know which item you are getting is to "try it on" in the auction preview window. This presents a problem if you want to buy a vanity item from a different class as you could not be sure which color it is. That may present an issue for merchants. Also, if you were to buy from another player in the trade window, you could not see it there either.

So here is my suggestions for these issues:

1) We need a preview window in the trade box. Pocket Legends has this, so I know this can be added to AL.

2) To make this all a bit more simple, abbreviate the names of the various vanities. For example, all Demonlord vanity helms could simply be called "Demonlord Helm" and all Bloodhammer Armors would be called "Bloodhammer Armor". It doesn't matter if it is "of security", of "will" or what. If you want to buy one, you have to see what it looks like. I know STS has a system that can handle items with the same name having different colors. In PL we have Hooch Hats vanity which all have the same name, but some are brown, some are red, and some are blue. So I propose the same system be used in PL. For all of the founders gear, when converted to vanity just call them "Founders Helm" and "Founders Armor". STS would have to plan this a bit in advance so the naming conventions don't create too much confusion. But yes, it would be difficult to merch these items if they are not in your own class. But so what? That's not the main purpose of these items.

3) I also don't think it would be terrible if not all items could be changed to vanity. Maybe take a poll here on the forum of the various sets that players would like to be possible to convert to vanity. I'm guessing Founders, Heraldic, Forerunner, Demonlord, Bloodhammer, and Champion are some of them. I'm guessing there are not more than a dozen that would be needed. I think most players agree on which armors/helms are the nicer looking ones. We just need some options to create our own vanities, and I think this would be a good way to do it.

I see many players in town wearing older sets from previous campaigns because they like the way they look. But of course once they want to do pvp or pve, they must equip their end game gear. This would be a way to be able to keep wearing that older gear but also have your end game gear equipped as well.
    This will be good ^_^ Great idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To admin or gamemaster'
    Just wanted to know if those vanity set are giving additional stats ? If not then make some I mean I love to buy vanity sets and I want to buy platinun coin but buying those set are useless without an aditional, stats like +15 crit + 10% damage...I don't want to use my money just to make my carahcter good look.. sell an mythic set in your store that has no required level,and what would I do in your mythic leprechaun bundle its a piece of trash...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by waric1123 View Post
    To admin or gamemaster'
    Just wanted to know if those vanity set are giving additional stats ? If not then make some I mean I love to buy vanity sets and I want to buy platinun coin but buying those set are useless without an aditional, stats like +15 crit + 10% damage...I don't want to use my money just to make my carahcter good look.. sell an mythic set in your store that has no required level,and what would I do in your mythic leprechaun bundle its a piece of trash...
    1. Use pets to get additional stats. Vanity will most likely never have stats added to them - but I could be wrong. Even if they did, it wouldn't be +15% crit or +10% dmg like you're suggesting.
    2. You don't have to use money to make your character look good - vanity can be purchased via the CS with gold.
    3. Leprechaun Pendant is probably the best item in my inventory. Because of it, I've been able to proficiently farm and save enough gold to purchase mythic gear for 2 toons. You need to look at the big picture and try things out before you judge them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

That would be cool! i got red founder set and a heraldic set, they need to realise this idea!

For God's SAKE! lvl 15 armor and helm (rare) for tank
    The guy who scored 4m 20s 420ms in Elite

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Perhaps another way to do this for the non-crate-popping players is to add these tokens to elite chests or collect 50 story tokens to exchange them for 1 vanity token.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    Perhaps another way to do this for the non-crate-popping players is to add these tokens to elite chests or collect 50 story tokens to exchange them for 1 vanity token.
    I'm sure plenty of players who loot a token would choose to sell it in the auction, so non-plat players could buy it there the same as they can buy vanity items that way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I'm sure plenty of players who loot a token would choose to sell it in the auction, so non-plat players could buy it there the same as they can buy vanity items that way.
    Ah ok. Wasn't sure if you had intended for them to be no-drop or not, like Hauntlet/Story tokens are. I would imagine that's the way STG would implement them into the system.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I like THE mythic set to be a vanity next season so it still has some value.
    Pl Akaee 76, Bearbg 76, Whosdaddy 76
    Sl Akaee 46, Bearbg 46, Whosdaddy 46
    Dl Akaee 36, Gruppy 36
    Al Akaee 36, Gruppy 34, Whosdaddy 36

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

I love this

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Prepare yarr selves to beee doomed by the faaaarrrttt gun!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    Ah ok. Wasn't sure if you had intended for them to be no-drop or not, like Hauntlet/Story tokens are. I would imagine that's the way STG would implement them into the system.
    They would be rare enough that no player is going to have tons of them. They can be an inventory item like an egg.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Just gonna point out non plat users will be angry. Maybe put in a daily quest where you have to kill so many mobs or something maybe in a new elite map to make it harder like elite shuyal. This would stop the coins becoming common. Then there is a chance to get a coin when you hand the quest in... Its a great idea though so many sets I would want to change

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this would be just.... so awesome, i could turn my viking and nordr guardian into vanity... that would rock!!!!
    it just must be here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Osabevie View Post
    Just gonna point out non plat users will be angry. Maybe put in a daily quest where you have to kill so many mobs or something maybe in a new elite map to make it harder like elite shuyal. This would stop the coins becoming common. Then there is a chance to get a coin when you hand the quest in... Its a great idea though so many sets I would want to change
    You heard me say they are tradable, right?

You don't need plat, you can buy them from another player or in the auction from someone else who is selling one. Just the same way vanity sets cost plat, but you can buy one in the auction too.