Thread: keep balance in pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Post keep balance in pvp

I think there is need to some modification in CTF bcaz players having all legedry will cant face players vs having mythic so there is need to be some change if it is possible....

thanx to sts

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

yup, they should think.. There is too much difference between legendry n mythic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Farm for mythic then go pvp

Sig creds: Beelzzebob
    Igns: Warriorname, Azepeiete, Sorcerername.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

It's not so much that a single Mythic item is overpowering, its the full Mythics that are an issue.

When facing someone with just a Mythic Bow, or even an Arcane Hammer, I generally don't have too much of an issue, but when I face Warriors with Mythic Helm, Armor, Ring and Amulet, plus an Arcane Hammer, I can spam Aimed all day and they laugh, turn around and kill me with two hits - well, that's kind of disheartening.

Honestly, I don't have much of an issue with this though. These folks have either farmed or merched their way into these sets, which is no small feat, so if their efforts give them this kind of advantage, then it has been earned and I can't hate on that too much. Jealous, absolutely, but no hate at all.

As Inkredible said, farm or merch them, and you too can have the same advantage. Raging on those who put in the time/money/effort isn't the solution. And, to be honest, it's not like you encounter these folks all the time, Mythics and Arcanes are rare enough that the game isn't loaded with them, so if you are really having such an issue, leave and join another PvP match.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    It's not so much that a single Mythic item is overpowering, its the full Mythics that are an issue.

When facing someone with just a Mythic Bow, or even an Arcane Hammer, I generally don't have too much of an issue, but when I face Warriors with Mythic Helm, Armor, Ring and Amulet, plus an Arcane Hammer, I can spam Aimed all day and they laugh, turn around and kill me with two hits - well, that's kind of disheartening.

Honestly, I don't have much of an issue with this though. These folks have either farmed or merched their way into these sets, which is no small feat, so if their efforts give them this kind of advantage, then it has been earned and I can't hate on that too much. Jealous, absolutely, but no hate at all.

As Inkredible said, farm or merch them, and you too can have the same advantage. Raging on those who put in the time/money/effort isn't the solution. And, to be honest, it's not like you encounter these folks all the time, Mythics and Arcanes are rare enough that the game isn't loaded with them, so if you are really having such an issue, leave and join another PvP match.
    Exactly. I think what contributes to this is that players want to be able to kill everybody, haha. So, those that are decked out in Legendary gear - it's not going to happen. Eventually, you're going to come across players with full mythics. However, it is not that big of a deal. Why? Even when I join teams with full mythics, people go, "Wow, full Mythics."

If it was considered a normal thing, comments like this wouldn't be happening. There are plenty of PvP games out there, more than fully geared players present, so if you don't like the match up, just leave and join another game!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

this is very tuff to farm mythic bro, even they hardly drop mythic even in locked chest also :-(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

u r rite , one mythic cant effect so
    much but there r lots of player who have 3 or 4 mythic equip

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Exactly. I think what contributes to this is that players want to be able to kill everybody, haha. So, those that are decked out in Legendary gear - it's not going to happen. Eventually, you're going to come across players with full mythics. However, it is not that big of a deal. Why? Even when I join teams with full mythics, people go, "Wow, full Mythics."

If it was considered a normal thing, comments like this wouldn't be happening. There are plenty of PvP games out there, more than fully geared players present, so if you don't like the match up, just leave and join another game!
    Agree.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

I've had this issue back then when I was using bonechill without a single mhytic.

But from what I've gone thru, its not so much of myhtic that makes a player unbeatable.with the right build, gears combination and attck skills/combos u can take out a mhytic/s player.

Clearly if you compare or judge from stats you are way behind a fully equip mhytic with dmg over 300 plus.ifbyou stand next to him of course you feel tiny.

But the map layout and teamwork with the right skill push are the factors to beat any full or almost full mhytic players..
    Except of course a pro players (like ipred) with full mhytic gears r terrifying..so at certain stage you have to keep improving by getting mhytic/s gears and can't really rely on old gears.the fact that u have to keep progressing is what moving you to become better.

I had bad lucks with crates but with some help from friends and elite farming you can find your way to own a mhytic.

And trust me.there are still amazing players out there who can defeat mhytic users using bonechill still..and not all fully mhytics are unbeatable.so if battle between half equip or fully equip mhytics the result is grey and it doesn't guaranteed a sure win for full mhytics.

I personally feel the mhytic bow is not tht great tho better procs but its really cheap now in cs..try to nego with some sellers to get more decent price while the mrkt for mhytic weapons is going down.

Pvp all bout teamwork and proper/timed/planned skills..

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alfai For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alfai View Post
    I've had this issue back then when I was using bonechill without a single mhytic.

But from what I've gone thru, its not so much of myhtic that makes a player unbeatable.with the right build, gears combination and attck skills/combos u can take out a mhytic/s player.

Clearly if you compare or judge from stats you are way behind a fully equip mhytic with dmg over 300 plus.ifbyou stand next to him of course you feel tiny.

But the map layout and teamwork with the right skill push are the factors to beat any full or almost full mhytic players..
    Except of course a pro players (like ipred) with full mhytic gears r terrifying..so at certain stage you have to keep improving by getting mhytic/s gears and can't really rely on old gears.the fact that u have to keep progressing is what moving you to become better.

I had bad lucks with crates but with some help from friends and elite farming you can find your way to own a mhytic.

And trust me.there are still amazing players out there who can defeat mhytic users using bonechill still..and not all fully mhytics are unbeatable.so if battle between half equip or fully equip mhytics the result is grey and it doesn't guaranteed a sure win for full mhytics.

I personally feel the mhytic bow is not tht great tho better procs but its really cheap now in cs..try to nego with some sellers to get more decent price while the mrkt for mhytic weapons is going down.

Pvp all bout teamwork and proper/timed/planned skills..
    Well put, Alfai. It's really the teamwork and of course INTERNET SPEED! I'm always at 340 at normal speed and tends to spike to 900-3k at times. I wish I can once experience having a green ping :/
    duck dynasty falls

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Limsi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limsyoker View Post
    Well put, Alfai. It's really the teamwork and of course INTERNET SPEED! I'm always at 340 at normal speed and tends to spike to 900-3k at times. I wish I can once experience having a green ping :/
    Lol thanks limsy...that green ping is very rare, not even sitting next to the wifi router at my place lmao..
    Especially with the lagging that was real bad since timed challenge..but these past few days are slightly improving tho buggy still.

+1 to that pvp conbo attacks I think that's the ultimate offence guide for rogue you may check limsy's post on that.part of factors to outlast your op in pvp is using several tactical off3nce..and those combos with luck can boost your attack and crits chance, without even using ribbit.

Keeping your distance and timed attacks are important too I feel, depending on who you are fighting.and of course effectivly usage of pets like slag can cripple your enemy or the entire team.this is where teamwork is crucial and playing specific role to win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

You are dead-on Alfai

I'm constantly playing in overmatched rooms, often the only lv30 in a room full of lv31s, but sound tactics and good teamwork has put me at the top of the kill list in many games. I don't have a single mythic piece.....probably never will, but I am confident that I can, if nothing else, put up a solid fight, even in 2v1 scenarios where the other two are lv31s.

Pocket Legends PvP has taught me that one of the most important aspects of PvP is to know your strengths and weakness. Know your range, so you can kite effectively, then, when you see an advantage, press hard, nuke quickly and disengage.

Rogues and Sorcerers who think that they can just stand around in the middle of a scrum with a bunch of Warriors are usually the ones who die first. The key is to know the attributes of your class and use them to your advantage while trying to minimize the weakness of the class. Rogues are not Warriors! We don't have shields, and we can't tank as effectively as they can, so while it is a good tactic to jump into a scrum when there is an advantage, doing that as a general practice is just not advisable.

Rogues are single target, max damage killers. Bundle your skills into a tight timeframe onto a single, preferably, stunned target and then back off. Press when you get shielding from Warriors. Press when a Sorc unloads a fireball and stuns a group. Back off and get out of range when the other team is shielded, or when an opposing Sorc is launching a Fireball. Never go Rambo and try stay with your group. Never spread your attacks across too many targets. There are basic rules to be an effective Rogue.

Yes, gear helps, but Mythic gear doesn't overcome poor tactics and even worse team mates. I have joined into games where one of my team mates keeps going for the flag (only to die), one or two others never venture beyond the entrance of the spawn room, and others just keep Ramboing into a group to die, almost instantly. In a team like this, even a full Mythic won't stand a chance. All you can do in this case is to either leave, or try to pull one or two guys away from their group so you can fight on somewhat level terms.

My advice - learn some of the names on the leaderboard. Then, when you join games and come across one or several names you recognize, watch how they press an offensive. Watch how they dig in defensively. Learn from their strategy. They didn't make their way onto the leaderboard because of a lucky crate drop, they made it there because they are pro - so don't be so offended that your gear isn't in the top 0.001% of the game, learn to be better with what you have.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

15. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    You are dead-on Alfai

I'm constantly playing in overmatched rooms, often the only lv30 in a room full of lv31s, but sound tactics and good teamwork has put me at the top of the kill list in many games. I don't have a single mythic piece.....probably never will, but I am confident that I can, if nothing else, put up a solid fight, even in 2v1 scenarios where the other two are lv31s.

Pocket Legends PvP has taught me that one of the most important aspects of PvP is to know your strengths and weakness. Know your range, so you can kite effectively, then, when you see an advantage, press hard, nuke quickly and disengage.

Rogues and Sorcerers who think that they can just stand around in the middle of a scrum with a bunch of Warriors are usually the ones who die first. The key is to know the attributes of your class and use them to your advantage while trying to minimize the weakness of the class. Rogues are not Warriors! We don't have shields, and we can't tank as effectively as they can, so while it is a good tactic to jump into a scrum when there is an advantage, doing that as a general practice is just not advisable.

Rogues are single target, max damage killers. Bundle your skills into a tight timeframe onto a single, preferably, stunned target and then back off. Press when you get shielding from Warriors. Press when a Sorc unloads a fireball and stuns a group. Back off and get out of range when the other team is shielded, or when an opposing Sorc is launching a Fireball. Never go Rambo and try stay with your group. Never spread your attacks across too many targets. There are basic rules to be an effective Rogue.

Yes, gear helps, but Mythic gear doesn't overcome poor tactics and even worse team mates. I have joined into games where one of my team mates keeps going for the flag (only to die), one or two others never venture beyond the entrance of the spawn room, and others just keep Ramboing into a group to die, almost instantly. In a team like this, even a full Mythic won't stand a chance. All you can do in this case is to either leave, or try to pull one or two guys away from their group so you can fight on somewhat level terms.

My advice - learn some of the names on the leaderboard. Then, when you join games and come across one or several names you recognize, watch how they press an offensive. Watch how they dig in defensively. Learn from their strategy. They didn't make their way onto the leaderboard because of a lucky crate drop, they made it there because they are pro - so don't be so offended that your gear isn't in the top 0.001% of the game, learn to be better with what you have.
    I've juat been farmed by mages...other than bad ping, their 2 hits put me to sleep..their dmg after update is insane! Not even a 3k hp can sustain the8r hits..their shield duration is enough to make kills be it swarmed by med packs..

The best part is..my entire team was annihilated lol..nvr seen a tank running from a smurf before....
    What a closure to this season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Ikr smurf dmg is like 360 x_x

Skills > Kills
    All you gotta do is pew pew pew!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

This seems to be like a larger issue than many of us think, the rat race for mythics might have made me "rich" but i see the quality of the pvp experience lowering.

I really do feel bad for the people who dont have tons of money for platinum/hours a day to farm those hard elite nordr maps, in my own view i wish pinks were still the best gear out there.

Ofcourse team work is 100% the most important thing in pvp but i do feel bad for pink gear users 85% of the times die more than they kill cause their dmg/dps is simply not near max.