Thread: Vanity weapons

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Lightbulb Vanity weapons

In my opinion, there is a lot of nice weapons that look cool: trollbane, captain's axe, lightning and vorpal swords, heartseekers and lifethief, flamestrike, charward rods, etc. If devs make them as vanity, it will be great, because big and fiery trollbane looks much more beautiful than dull and white storm sword. In addition, some weapons look great if worn with a certain vanity set, for example, purple founder looks great with lightning sword or trollbane, as same as gold ranger with heartseekers or lifethief and founder mage's set with nordr jewel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

To be honest, I don't even know why there even is Vanity's. Yeah I understand they r just for show but why..?!. Having Vanity weapons is going to be kind of waste since they are only ''Just For Show''. I find it a highly waste of plats and golds. Sorry my friend
    AL: Mfkaz - Level 31 (Warrior) l Megan Fox <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It may be a waste for you, but some people take care of what their character look, that's a part of the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paresseu View Post
    It may be a waste for you, but some people take care of what their character look, that's a part of the game.
    Let me hear this right, Your willing to waste 25 Platinums on armour/weapons which doesn't raise your stats and just is for looks?!. Yeah I like to look good in the game but everyone around you is wearing the same thing. Wearing something different from everyone else is what you call original not wearing the same Vanity and calling yourself ''Rare''.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

i just wear vanity to hide my equips. :/ nobody can tell if im wearing mythic or green under their, mainly for pvp. but of course it will always show when i fight.
    Justthat-lv16 warrior
    ValconX-lv22 mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I think, in some situations, vanities are useful. For example, when your helm amd armor are from different sets, they usually look awful together. Of course, hiding your helmet partially solves this problem, but it can look bad, too. Vanity solves this problem easily. There is the same thing with weapons. For example, purple founder (mainly orange) doesn't pass to mythic sword and shield (mainly blue), so there is some sense in vanity weapons, i think...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoloToha View Post
    I think, in some situations, vanities are useful. For example, when your helm amd armor are from different sets, they usually look awful together. Of course, hiding your helmet partially solves this problem, but it can look bad, too. Vanity solves this problem easily. There is the same thing with weapons. For example, purple founder (mainly orange) doesn't pass to mythic sword and shield (mainly blue), so there is some sense in vanity weapons, i think...
    I understand what your saying but if Vanity's were a lot cheaper and I mean ''ALOT'' cheaper, I wouldn't hassle of buying them but they are too expensive tbh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

If vanities were cheaper than they are now... Then you would see more vanity sets then ever. Prices in auction would drop and it would very dull and boring if a lot of people wore the same sets all the time.

Plus another issue has to deal with the impatient players. Soon they will complain how all the current sets are now boring and that they want new sets to be released. I can already imagine it in my head.

Plus I would be scared in pvp if vanity weapons were implemented. I wouldn't know if a rogue has arcane hooks or if a warrior has arcane maul.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

this would be great but i doubt that they'll work on this right now.. hmm maybe make a new thread so we can post ideas/photos for new vanities and make STS job much easier so we can have more and hopefully no more clones

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    If vanities were cheaper than they are now... Then you would see more vanity sets then ever. Prices in auction would drop and it would very dull and boring if a lot of people wore the same sets all the time.

Plus another issue has to deal with the impatient players. Soon they will complain how all the current sets are now boring and that they want new sets to be released. I can already imagine it in my head.

Plus I would be scared in pvp if vanity weapons were implemented. I wouldn't know if a rogue has arcane hooks or if a warrior has arcane maul.
    People already wear the same sets :'o. Its quite annoying to see everyone wearing the same Vanity sets everywhere I go. This is why they should be removed!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

I just wear vanity to hide some of my equips. To tell you the truth, Bonechill amor on both Mage and Rogue classes look ugly lol. I look like an ant. Kinda dull too. So I use vanity to spice it up ^^ if I want to look evil, I use Betrayers, if I want to look all captain-y, kraken, etc.

Yeah Weapon Vanities would be kinda fun, but I don't think that would happen :/

As someone pointed out above, you wouldnt know what your up against....
    Hey, I'm a lone wolf. A wolf who wants to be friends with you :3

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

it is cool idea. nd for those saying that paying alot plats/golds to those vanity that doesnt raise status r nt worth, jst see d price of red arlor set or steel set or winterfury set.
    red arlor is ridiculously high nd at this rate lol it will b 4-5mil in oct.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Temarichan View Post
    I just wear vanity to hide some of my equips. To tell you the truth, Bonechill amor on both Mage and Rogue classes look ugly lol. I look like an ant. Kinda dull too. So I use vanity to spice it up ^^ if I want to look evil, I use Betrayers, if I want to look all captain-y, kraken, etc.
    This is the main reason why I wear vanity. Vanities are expensive? The minimum price I bought a vanity set is 25k, you should know how to look for it. I have traded several vanities since it became tradeable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Why should there be Weapon Vanitys
    Cuz everyone will have the same and there will be nothing special anymore to have the real Weapon so i can buy me a **** sword and make it look like a Flameberge.
    For example im wearing a common sword
    and equip Maul of Ullerus Vanity there is nothing special even if u have bad stats. Good weapons should be rare and u either have to buy or drop them .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Umbras View Post
    Why should there be Weapon Vanitys
    Cuz everyone will have the same and there will be nothing special anymore to have the real Weapon so i can buy me a **** sword and make it look like a Flameberge.
    For example im wearing a common sword
    and equip Maul of Ullerus Vanity there is nothing special even if u have bad stats. Good weapons should be rare and u either have to buy or drop them .
    Take a bow my friend because I completely agree with you. What this guy has just said was 100% accurately true. Everyone will look the same. Since Bael II has been released, everyone has the same Bael weapon too.