Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steps to be 1 of the strongest warriors in AL(max lvl)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

A few tips to warriors who are reading this thread:

1) the build originally posted is great for basic elites. However, it is arguably suicide to not have juggernaut in shuyal.

2) taunt is the purpose of a pro tank. Once you have mastered surviving in battle (mostly skill combos and pot spamming) you will want to adapt mass taunt. To keep the party alive (ya king is absorbing most of the damage, not just surviving).

3) there are some skills that just don't pan out well in elite. Rally cry, and axe throw are two of these (axe throw can be used effectively but is ussually switched out with skyward strike or windmill at the boss. Axe throw is NOT for fighting mobs).

4) don't think you can only have four skills. I am currently using 5 and am estatic with the results. My skills are: heal, jugg, blood, windmill, and skyward strike.
    * how to use this build: you will use different mappings of your skills.
    Map A (used as your go to build in everyday maps. Not elite, it is also your best map for bosses on this build): heal, blood, windmill, and skyward strike.
    Map B (used for tanking elite mobs. Especially shuyal): heal, blood, jugg, and windmill.
    Map C (used for PvP. Only exists as a consequence of need maps A and B. Note: I use map B when I'm being ganged in PvP, and map A when I want pure damage): heal, blood, jugg, and skyward strike.

I am not giving the upgrades for the skills listed because that is dictated by one's gear. I am personally high taunt, but also max damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tryndamare View Post
    Hey there forum members, after thinking, I've decided to post a guide: how to become strongest warrior in AL, hope it's useful for u

1st: Stats build up: To become a strongest warrior, u need to add all ur stats points in Strength
    2nd: Skill build up: To acquire best Skill, put skill points in the following skills:
    Active skills:
    1) Skyward Smash 4/5(remove the mana gain upgrade)
    2) Vengefull Blood 5/5
    3) Windmill 5/5 (for PvE & PvP) or Axe Throw 5/5 (for powerful PvP)
    4) Horn of Renew 4/5(remove the taunting upgrade)

Passive skills:
    1) Might 5/5
    2) Damage 4/5
    3) Knowledge 3/5

!

sorry to break it to you,... noob build.. whether if its for pve or pvp
    Tip 1:
    warriors must have:

Juggernaut 4/5 pvp, 5/5 pve

no qquestion, if youre questioning that.. you have a lot to learn my friend

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inkredble View Post
    sorry to break it to you,... noob build.. whether if its for pve or pvp
    Tip 1:
    warriors must have:

Juggernaut 4/5 pvp, 5/5 pve

no qquestion, if youre questioning that.. you have a lot to learn my friend
    Rather rude of you.....and for s non-mythic warrior running basic elite maps (rooks nest, oltgar, and southern seas) his guide is pretty helpful. I agree juggernaut is a most for pro maps, but no point getting if you don't even have the proper gear.

Ps: you don't need the upgrade to remove speed reduction in jugg for pve, you lose aggro when you move around to much so you are better off pot spamming and staying put.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

BTW what is the use of juggernaut, i really dont know how it works

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Very thanks for this guide.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Izz Hafiy Eddrusse View Post
    BTW what is the use of juggernaut, i really dont know how it works
    jugg- 20% ignore dmg while its activated
    - 50% chance to heal below 25% health
    - taunt mobs (pve)
    - remove impairement aka being stunned or slowed down
    etcetc
    Last edited by inkredible; 12-06-2013 at 11:51 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Rather rude of you.....and for s non-mythic warrior running basic elite maps (rooks nest, oltgar, and southern seas) his guide is pretty helpful. I agree juggernaut is a most for pro maps, but no point getting if you don't even have the proper gear.

Ps: you don't need the upgrade to remove speed reduction in jugg for pve, you lose aggro when you move around to much so you are better off pot spamming and staying put.
    you dont have to move around. impairment = no stuns = no being stuck in ice - its good for shuyal against wolves and mages.. where u cant even move or heal ur crew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inkredble View Post
    you dont have to move around. impairment = no stuns = no being stuck in ice - its good for shuyal against wolves and mages.. where u cant even move or heal ur crew
    Did you see the date I posted that (9-21-2013)? It was in the nordor expansion when a well timed fireball rotation let you run without ever being stunned if you brought two mages. I currently have juggernaut in my build; but, I still can't justify the unstoppable upgrade.

I use jugg when I am performing a pull that would kill me otherwise. Since I will be spamming pots I don't care that I can't move.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I prefer not to use juggernaught. Its health boost of 500 is pointless for high level warriors and you can easily get taunt from horn. Also it takes a very long time to recharge after each time you use it. I run elite shuyal all the time without jugg.

Rally cry is under rated in my opinion. Sure damage reduction of only 5% is kind of low but the 25% dodge is huge. Plus it buffs nearby allies so it really helps your teamates too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Woundedwarrior View Post
    I prefer not to use juggernaught. Its health boost of 500 is pointless for high level warriors and you can easily get taunt from horn. Also it takes a very long time to recharge after each time you use it. I run elite shuyal all the time without jugg.

Rally cry is under rated in my opinion. Sure damage reduction of only 5% is kind of low but the 25% dodge is huge. Plus it buffs nearby allies so it really helps your teamates too.
    You skipped the part where jugg makes you immortal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

You skipped the part where jugg makes you immortal.
    Don't get me wrong jugg is a great skill but takes too long to recharge imo. When the free respec weekend was here, i played around with builds and didn't like jugg as much as I thought I would have. Next free respec weekend, warriors give rally cry a try. I never saw a use for it before but it recharges much faster then jugg, gives a huge dodge boost, reduces damage slightly, boosts speed, and buffs other players as well. Worth trying for those that may be skeptical. Its really helps in elite nordr and shuyal, but everyone plays the game differently so it might not be right for you guys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Woundedwarrior View Post
    Don't get me wrong jugg is a great skill but takes too long to recharge imo. When the free respec weekend was here, i played around with builds and didn't like jugg as much as I thought I would have. Next free respec weekend, warriors give rally cry a try. I never saw a use for it before but it recharges much faster then jugg, gives a huge dodge boost, reduces damage slightly, boosts speed, and buffs other players as well. Worth trying for those that may be skeptical. Its really helps in elite nordr and shuyal, but everyone plays the game differently so it might not be right for you guys.
    Why I use juggernaut: I do BIG pulls.

I often run the entire elite overgrow map in 4 pulls. Subsequently, I use juggernaut 4 times a run. Juggernaut lets players with lower armor (or in my case, players who like massive pulls) survive harder maps. With jugg, players can survive long enough for mages and rogues to thin the heard of mobs to the point it is manageable.

For some time I was with you, in all previous seasons jugg was not worth the points (IMO) because of the long cool down. However, with the stun lock and massive debuffs in the shuyal expansion I found it vital for some elite maps. It is now part of my tanking map.

Note: I don't use jugg every time it recharges. When and where is more important than how much with this skill.

---

@rally cry: buffing party dodge doesn't matter if I have all, or at least the the majority of, the aggro.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Why I use juggernaut: I do BIG pulls.

I often run the entire elite overgrow map in 4 pulls. Subsequently, I use juggernaut 4 times a run. Juggernaut lets players with lower armor (or in my case, players who like massive pulls) survive harder maps. With jugg, players can survive long enough for mages and rogues to thin the heard of mobs to the point it is manageable.

For some time I was with you, in all previous seasons jugg was not worth the points (IMO) because of the long cool down. However, with the stun lock and massive debuffs in the shuyal expansion I found it vital for some elite maps. It is now part of my tanking map.

Note: I don't use jugg every time it recharges. When and where is more important than how much with this skill.

---

@rally cry: buffing party dodge doesn't matter if I have all, or at least the the majority of, the aggro.
    But the dodge buff is very helpful not only to others in your party but also you as the warrior. Put that with a pet like konga or malison and you have a high chance not taking any damage at all. Like I said, we all play the game differently. Your strategy works perfectly fine so theres no need for a change. Just trying to throw out a few suggestions.