Thread: Nott information (you mean they're not blue blobs?)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Default Nott information (you mean they're not blue blobs?)

As we prepare for the expansion, I've gathered every reference I can to the Nott people.

If anyone has anything to add, or questions we might try to find answers for, please add to this.

(I might try to jot down some of the game dialog concerning the Nott and their homeworld. Maybe I'll take some screen shots, too.

==============================

From Swede on 12-18-2012
    Nott is a nickname that the people of Arlor gave them because they tended to only move around at night, where their appearance would draw less attention as they could hide in the shadows.

From Swede on 12-19-2012
    The sorcerer is of the race Nott (Old Arlorian “child of night”). A reclusive and rare people in Arlor, the Nott is believed to descend from another world or dimension. With strong affinity to magic and an alien appearance, the Arlorians have always been apprehensive to the Nott. Unfair treatment and persecution have been common practice, so the Nott tend to stay out of human society.
    The Nott realized early that they were too different from the humans to ever be fully accepted. To avoid extra attention they began to live more and more of their life at night, wearing robes and other garments to cover their appearance further. Nowadays Nott villages are almost entirely nocturnal, town guards being about the only ones seeing the light of day. This was what earned them their given name, their original name unknown to humans and at this point, perhaps even to the Nott themselves.

on 3-13-2013 Alhuntrazeck asked:
    I have heard several references to the Mage's species name: The banker in Trav Outpost saying "Do you Nott have hair in your ears?", Natalia in the Pier also uses the word Nott, as in 'many nott have come here...'.

on 4-22-2013 Dinosaurus asked:
    Another thing is ive been called: smurf,dwarf,gnome and mini! Cant there be something making it clear that sorcerers are known as Nott!

on 6-19 Panurge correctly guessed the next expansion. Here is text from his blog:
    First of all, following the story of Uller and Vili we learn that it is the Nott character (Vili that is) that wanted to open a portal to the dimension of Shuyal (where Notts come from) in order for the heroes to be able to help the Notts of Shuyal defeat the greater evil that threatens them. It's all in the diary of Vili at the Tomb of Uller.
    At that same place a Portal was placed during one of the last updates, with the mysterious character of Seer Hox preparing for some strange event.
    Combining these facts with the increasing Shuyal references in the game (ex: Gladiatorial Arena) and the limited amount of space on the map of Arlor, i believe that the next big expansion is going to be a brand new map of the Nott Realm, wich we will be able to enter through the aforementioned portal.

then on 7-5-2013 Samhayne officially announced the expansion:
    Centuries ago the people of Shuyal were delving deeper in to the realms of sorcery than mortals were ever supposed to. Their inexperienced meddling unleashed a terrible evil, filled with an insatiable hunger and the power to devour their world. The people of Shuyal were defenseless against such a force and their world was quickly covered in the shadow that followed Inan’hesh, the devourer of worlds. Desperate, the Shuyal people performed a powerful ritual, opening a portal to another world. As the survivors fled through the portal, their strongest sorcerers made the ultimate sacrifice, slowing down Inan’hesh and then sealing the portal, keeping the new world out of his grasp.
    On Arlor, the Shuyal people became known as the Nott. The guardian of the portal key, Vili, became one of Arlor’s most revered heroes. He broke the key to the portal into three fragments and gave two pieces to his friends, Uller, the Nordrman and Himingleva, the pirate queen. Now the key has been reunited by the Legend of Arlor and a choice has to be made. Open the portal and try to save Shuyal, risking the shadow of Inan’hesh seeping in to Arlor, or smash it and leave the Nott’ trapped in exile...

on 7-8-2013 Samhayne posted screen shots of Shuyal, the Nott homeworld:
    First, a quick look at our headline villian: Inan'hesh, the Devourer of Worlds! (pic)
    The world of Shuyal is mostly consumed by the Shadow. All hope is not completely lost, as a few of the Nott survive in secluded enclaves of unspoiled areas. (3 more pics)

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Snakespeare For This Useful Post:

Reputation and Thanks are serious business
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,080 Posts

Ohh now I understand!
    The sorcerer race is called Nott, thanks a lot Snake!

So Warriors and Rogues are just Humans.
    And who is Vili? Is s/he the hero of the Notts like Himingleva for the rogues/Uller for the Warriors?
    Last edited by DocDoBig; 07-16-2013 at 02:21 PM.

TL: |AL|DL|PL|SL|BC|BD|
    Exps :|AL|DL|PL|SL|
    Other threads here

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

wow so cool.
    also name of d nxt arcane sorc will b smething like "shadow wand of Nott"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DocDoBig View Post
    Ohh now I understand!
    The sorcerer race is called Nott, thanks a lot Snake!

So Warriors and Rogues are just Humans.
    And who is Vili? Is s/he the hero of the Notts like Himingleva for the rogues/Uller for the Warriors?
    Nah, rouges and warriors are to different from each other to both be 100% human. My guess is that they are both different "sub-species" of human, that resulted from, ahem, breeding with different species (in the warriors case the non-human species was a giant of some sort, hence the warriors massive size and strength. And the rouge's one was an elf, hence their extraordinary agility).

This is bramer - signing out
    Let's make kids

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bramer View Post
    Nah, rouges and warriors are to different from each other to both be 100% human. My guess is that they are both different "sub-species" of human, that resulted from, ahem, breeding with different species (in the warriors case the non-human species was a giant of some sort, hence the warriors massive size and strength. And the rouge's one was an elf, hence their extraordinary agility).

This is bramer - signing out
    Good thought!

Other threads here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Arcane weapon won't be a wand I'm sure it it is I'll be surprised .Thanks for the info snake
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,080 Posts

I kinda have a feeling it will look like this:

Name:  uc1412-sauron.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  43.5 KB

(The Ring)

Other threads here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Dat Ring!
    Must be blood ruby of shuyal!
    Sig cred: Beelzeebob
    End Game Rogue Get-N-Paid
    Chances are I've probably killed you.
    Watch me on youtube : ) http://is.gd/YiK25Y

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

As a sorcerer I agree with the feelings of unfair treatment and persecution by humans! Maybe that's why sorcerers were so underpowered for so long in al, so we can feel as though we were all a part of the mythology!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

No! You got it all wrong. Theyre frogs period
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    Unfair treatment and persecution have been common practice, so the Nott tend to stay out of human society.
    Maybe that explains why Sorcerers have been ignored so long.

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    As a sorcerer I agree with the feelings of unfair treatment and persecution by humans! Maybe that's why sorcerers were so underpowered for so long in al, so we can feel as though we were all a part of the mythology!
    Guess i should read more
    Last edited by Rare; 07-16-2013 at 05:06 PM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

I would actually like to believe this. Now let's say this next expansion has caused all the blue guys (notts) to become so tired of being under powered, we get mad buff up and start nukin all in PvP. Just saying I'd definetly put my warrior away if this happened. Also I noticed in every class specific expansion next to the arcane weapon, each class has had a mad powered weapon that's still top notch. For example entombed hammer of warfare this expansion
    Last edited by xcainnblecterx; 07-16-2013 at 04:30 PM.
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I wonder if the arcane magic (that is, the ability to bond with our "pets" for magical effects) is somehow the work of the Nott. They keep saying we'll hear more about arcane magic in coming expansions.

Well, I'm really glad we have a name for our species and a place where we came from. I'm looking forward to this expansion more than I have any other since beta. I just love a good back story!

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Yay! Nice work snakes! I also love how I'm on the main post!

Cant wait for the next expansion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

Ditto! But our time has come my friend.. We shall rise in power and be head to head (figuratively speaking) to those humans!

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando o Tapatalk 2

The toeless smurf!