Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why are all maps tougher since this weekend?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry why are all maps tougher since this weekend?

I understand there is some new rare boss that (supposedly) shows up in kraken/nordr maps but people in my guild have been complaining that the lower level maps seem more difficult too since the update. I have done a few solo runs in pretty much all of the maps, and helped some low level members get past tricky bosses so they can advance to kraag, for example, and I agree with them, there is definitely a rise in difficulty in some of the lower maps too...and it would seem that if a low level party (lv14-17) invites a lv30/31 to give them a hand the enemies scale to the higher level member? because that exact mix (me, 31 rogue, and 3x 14/17 warrior/rogue mix) just had a go at some maps and the little guys got slaughtered, whereas I used up dozens of pots just to keep from dying (which I did, eventually). I used to be able to run solos with my eyes closed, right up to nordr maps before the weekend but now a party of 4 can barely get through one boss unscathed. For those gamers blessed with intimate knowledge of skill combination/advanced fighting tactics/dozens of full power buddies to call upon I'm sure the new increased toughness is a 'challenge' or makes the game fun to play again...but they are surely a minority in comparison to the casual gamers or weekend warriors that cannot put masses of time/money into a mobile game to be able to stand a fighting chance of seeing the latter levels. If the developers have indeed ramped up the enemies across the board then well done...flushing the chain on the casual gamers is a bold move, I hope the hardcore ones can keep you propped up enough for us pesky 'average joes' not to matter if we uninstall and look elsewhere for our mobile gaming needs. Feel free to shed some light on the situation, as I'm fed up with saying 'I don't know' over and over to guild members asking all of the above. A big part of this game for a lot of us was farming/grinding the lower levels for gear, once we had earned the right to farm them quickly by levelling our characters to max, so we could have a chance at buying the flash stuff in auction that is not available to those without near-limitless supplies of platinum (have you seen what mythics go for in auction? how are we supposed to save up 10million+ gold for one item?). Take that ability away from us (potions cost gold, and we are spending more on pots than what we pick up in the levels we are using them in) and what is left? just a frustrating game that has pandered to the few at the cost of the many.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rushmore View Post
    I understand there is some new rare boss that (supposedly) shows up in kraken/nordr maps but people in my guild have been complaining that the lower level maps seem more difficult too since the update.

I have done a few solo runs in pretty much all of the maps, and helped some low level members get past tricky bosses so they can advance to kraag, for example, and I agree with them, there is definitely a rise in difficulty in some of the lower maps too...and it would seem that if a low level party (lv14-17) invites a lv30/31 to give them a hand the enemies scale to the higher level member?

because that exact mix (me, 31 rogue, and 3x 14/17 warrior/rogue mix) just had a go at some maps and the little guys got slaughtered, whereas I used up dozens of pots just to keep from dying (which I did, eventually).

I used to be able to run solos with my eyes closed, right up to nordr maps before the weekend but now a party of 4 can barely get through one boss unscathed.

For those gamers blessed with intimate knowledge of skill combination/advanced fighting tactics/dozens of full power buddies to call upon I'm sure the new increased toughness is a 'challenge' or makes the game fun to play again...but they are surely a minority in comparison to the casual gamers or weekend warriors that cannot put masses of time/money into a mobile game to be able to stand a fighting chance of seeing the latter levels.

If the developers have indeed ramped up the enemies across the board then well done...flushing the chain on the casual gamers is a bold move, I hope the hardcore ones can keep you propped up enough for us pesky 'average joes' not to matter if we uninstall and look elsewhere for our mobile gaming needs.

Feel free to shed some light on the situation, as I'm fed up with saying 'I don't know' over and over to guild members asking all of the above.

A big part of this game for a lot of us was farming/grinding the lower levels for gear, once we had earned the right to farm them quickly by levelling our characters to max, so we could have a chance at buying the flash stuff in auction that is not available to those without near-limitless supplies of platinum (have you seen what mythics go for in auction? how are we supposed to save up 10million+ gold for one item?).

Take that ability away from us (potions cost gold, and we are spending more on pots than what we pick up in the levels we are using them in) and what is left? just a frustrating game that has pandered to the few at the cost of the many.
    Thats better for reading =)

I also think that kraken it's a little harder now, didn't seem so hard as u describe tough... I died at bluecrab helping a low level in my guild... but i manage to kill him. I'm a Mage so i switched to a bulkier set and removed the luck pendant.
    Junta-te a nós! http://goo.gl/GxBj3B

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

this is due to d complains that most ppl cant do good elites properly. so this is jst a little taste of elite. nd yh it is hard to help low lvls to kill boss now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If people want a taste of elite, there's already something in place for that... It's called 'elite'. If lots of people are finding elite maps too difficult (i know i do) then i don't think the answer is to make the normal maps harder...That makes no sense to me. I, for one, am not spending another pound/dollar on platinum or gear until something is done to make it more stable for us causal gamers. And i know I'm not the only one, from the discussions I've had...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

What it might be since engines lvl to highest person in party, if you're l31 and the rest of the group is 14-20 etc. The map registers it as four l31s, so you're technically fighting for four people of your lvl when there's only one
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think that is quite accurate, as the lower level guys were being their arses handed to them even when battling mobs of 3 or 4. They just couldn't do decent enough damage to kill without being killed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

If people want a taste of elite, there's already something in place for that... It's called 'elite'. If lots of people are finding elite maps too difficult (i know i do) then i don't think the answer is to make the normal maps harder...That makes no sense to me. I, for one, am not spending another pound/dollar on platinum or gear until something is done to make it more stable for us causal gamers. And i know I'm not the only one, from the discussions I've had...
    The current plan is to get rid of elite. So this is a taste of THAT.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Elite-Dungeons
    Last edited by Rare; 07-16-2013 at 04:10 PM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Yea on warrio I'm actually finding elite maps kinda easy even with pugs. The reason new maps would get harder is so there's still a need for the tanks
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not a good sign for casual players...rebuilding level mechanics around parties that have to meet certain criteria is a recipe for disaster. The need for a 'tank' should be to make runs 'easier' - not 'possible'. Sometimes a decent level tank might not be available, what then? Quit til later? Hang around and hope one drops in? (last time i checked, mobile batteries weren't amazing and this game is a batt-killer). You should still be able to soldier on, without having to respawn a dozen times and use potions like they are going out of fashion. Take away the fun, and the players will follow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

It feels like you are really exaggerating a bit. I'm a "casual" player. I've been soloing nordr and kraken since Friday. I might have died once because of lag.

So I'm not really with you. I didn't even notice a difference. Certainly not as big as you're saying.

I personally hope they don't start designing this game around people that solo all the time.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    It feels like you are really exaggerating a bit. I'm a "casual" player. I've been soloing nordr and kraken since Friday. I might have died once because of lag.

So I'm not really with you. I didn't even notice a difference. Certainly not as big as you're saying.

I personally hope they don't start designing this game around people that solo all the time.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    Guess were the few that can still solo :P Its not that sts is trying to design it around a certain class, it's that making elite maps takes up more time for the team. That's why there trying out this new Bael thing now. They plan on making more raid dungeons like the arena but personally if there all going to be as difficult as this one, I'd rather have elites. Those I can at least complete

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well aren't you lucky. I speak on behalf of the 30 odd guild members I've been trying to help over the weekend that have all been saying the same things. We can't all be wrong, and if the feeling spreads further than those i have spoken to then it must be a valid issue. I'm not saying i want to be able to solo run the whole game in one go without dying or using pots, but the balance has been tipped firmly in favour of experienced parties with pools of resources for pots and equipment. If casual, less experienced players are put off sufficiently enough to just quit playing where would that leave you? Several thousand full power players instead of several hundred thousand players. Sts would lose a fair chunk of revenue in the process too, which could have repercussions on server budget, game design and performance...so don't be so quick to dump on the little guys - you need them more than you know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Well aren't you lucky. I speak on behalf of the 30 odd guild members I've been trying to help over the weekend that have all been saying the same things. We can't all be wrong, and if the feeling spreads further than those i have spoken to then it must be a valid issue. I'm not saying i want to be able to solo run the whole game in one go without dying or using pots, but the balance has been tipped firmly in favour of experienced parties with pools of resources for pots and equipment. If casual, less experienced players are put off sufficiently enough to just quit playing where would that leave you? Several thousand full power players instead of several hundred thousand players. Sts would lose a fair chunk of revenue in the process too, which could have repercussions on server budget, game design and performance...so don't be so quick to dump on the little guys - you need them more than you know.
    If you're a l31 helping people below l26 in the lower lvl maps, that's your and your guild issue. If you read my first post when your l30-31 helping say 3 other people 14-18-20-22 etc. You are the highest player in the map and the map registers the other 3 as l30-31 also so you only one l31 now have to fight for the whole party. I am a casual player and lvling my rogue up with other people my lvl or soloing I've had 0 issues

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why would it register the others as 31if they are 14 - 17? Turn it around...you're a level 14, ask help from guild with a mob/boss ur stuck on in, say, dead city...a lv31 turns up, now you're facing lv31 enemies when you were stuck already with lower level ones. Explain the logic, please...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Why would it register the others as 31if they are 14 - 17? Turn it around...you're a level 14, ask help from guild with a mob/boss ur stuck on in, say, dead city...a lv31 turns up, now you're facing lv31 enemies when you were stuck already with lower level ones. Explain the logic, please...
    How do you want me to explain the logic when I didn't make it that way? I'm just telling you how it is

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You have come into this thread and defended the mechanics you described above, so i ask where you think the logic is in that system? Sure, it gives the maxxed out players something to do again but takes the fun away for newer players...Is that a sustainable model? I'm merely voicing the concerns I've heard from newer members over the weekend...we can't all be amazing skilled players that almost never need help (how much fun would it really be if we were?)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

You have come into this thread and defended the mechanics you described above, so i ask where you think the logic is in that system? Sure, it gives the maxxed out players something to do again but takes the fun away for newer players...Is that a sustainable model? I'm merely voicing the concerns I've heard from newer members over the weekend...we can't all be amazing skilled players that almost never need help (how much fun would it really be if we were?)
    Maybe because new players should learn how to defeat bosses with others on their lvl? Tons of us already did this during last caps, I've solod man eater at l25. Learn how to play and also where did I say I like these mechanics or defended them? I simply told you why your having the issues and agreed with adenos that its easy enough to solo maps if you would take the time and learn how to play. Sure its always nice to have help but there comes a time when you have to taken the training wheels off

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    What it might be since engines lvl to highest person in party, if you're l31 and the rest of the group is 14-20 etc. The map registers it as four l31s, so you're technically fighting for four people of your lvl when there's only one
    Where did you find this information? As far as I know only tombs (wt1234, kraagtomb1234, etc) work like this. Not dungeons.
    So if I (level 31) do normal brakenbridge with a level 15, then they can't even beat mobs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, you're right, everyone should just learn to play better. Never mind if you're a young kid wanting to play something fun with your friends...learn to be an advanced player or you won't get far. I see this game becoming a 'one-hour wonder' for lots of people. Shame, it really is rather too good for that.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

u cant kill boss without a feeble skill. thats all.