Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: why are all maps tougher since this weekend?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rushmore View Post
    Why would it register the others as 31if they are 14 - 17? Turn it around...you're a level 14, ask help from guild with a mob/boss ur stuck on in, say, dead city...a lv31 turns up, now you're facing lv31 enemies when you were stuck already with lower level ones. Explain the logic, please...
    Because that's how the scaling works. Otherwise, high levels would just join low levels and faceroll through levels. You think you're helping them, but in fact you are hurting them. The only places this works are areas where the mob levels are capped already. Like Brackenridge or Yrda. I'm not sure about dead city. You are hurting them more than helping them if you join and you are 2x their level.

You don't have to be advanced to succeed. Certainly not to play "NORMAL" maps.

If these maps are too hard for you, perhaps you're progressing too quickly. Pay attention to the recommended level for each campaign. Seriously, the normal maps (bosses I mean) do not get difficult until you reach nordr (ok. and including Bloodhammer in Skull Cove).
    Last edited by Rare; 07-17-2013 at 11:20 AM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    Where did you find this information? As far as I know only tombs (wt1234, kraagtomb1234, etc) work like this. Not dungeons.
    So if I (level 31) do normal brakenbridge with a level 15, then they can't even beat mobs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Because that's how the scaling works. You think you're helping them, but in fact you are hurting them. The only places this works are areas where the mob levels are capped already. Like Brackenridge or Yrda. I'm not sure about dead city.

You don't have to be advanced to succeed. Certainly not to play "NORMAL" maps.

If these maps are too hard for you, perhaps you're progressing too quickly. Pay attention to the recommended level for each campaign. Seriously, the normal maps (bosses I mean) do not get difficult until you reach nordr.
    See the below link and my post and pictures about the threat level of enemies scaling to the highest level member in a party even in normal maps:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...vs-Players-lvl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Also forgot to add that enemies do get harder as more people join a map even if everyone is the same level. For example, a level 31 will find the same map harder when they are fighting with a level 14 versus when they are running solo. If you pay attention you will notice that your attacks actually do less damage percentage wise to an enemy and that enemy takes longer to kill. In fact, in the begining of season one there used to even be an alert "someone has joined the map, enemies are now harder" each time anyone joined a map.
    Last edited by drgrimmy; 07-17-2013 at 01:29 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I'm pretty sure the normal maps cap mob levels at a certain point. They definitely aren't scaled all the way to 31. For example, run Yrda at 31 and see how much easier it is than running Kraken at 31.

However, it does scale up. If a LVL 10 is running with a 31 in Brack, for example, they are going to have a tough time.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    I'm pretty sure the normal maps cap mob levels at a certain point. They definitely aren't scaled all the way to 31. For example, run Yrda at 31 and see how much easier it is than running Kraken at 31.

However, it does scale up. If a LVL 10 is running with a 31 in Brack, for example, they are going to have a tough time.
    You are right. They don't scale all the way to lvl 31, but they do scale up to the cap level for those mobs. Sorry, I should have explained more, but I did not want to repeat what I had already extensively explained in another thread.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    See the below link and my post and pictures about the threat level of enemies scaling to the highest level member in a party even in normal maps:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...vs-Players-lvl
    omg ty. I never saw the dots before lols. Me retarded.