Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming System: "Consignment Shoppe!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    I think u need 18 bays to fit an item though, so its still as expensive as Ctf
    OMG, now I know you must be kidding. Don't get the kids all riled up!
    PL acct 4/7/10 - Setec Lvl 52 STR Bear | SL acct 8/29/11 - Setec Lvl 10 Commando | DL acct created 9/16/12 - Setec Lvl 17 Male | AL acct 3/28/13 - Setec Lvl 9 Warrior | iOS 8 on iPad Mini 2/iPhone 6

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #22
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Demonicdevyn View Post
    k so not a bad deal
    what happens if none bids after the time period u choose
    and can u take a item out and cancel selling it?
    You can cancel the listing any time you want. If no one purchases your item before the time expires you get the item back. You will need to pick it up from Artie the Auctioneer by going to your 'Completed' sales tab. The 'Completed' portion of the interface shows items that have sold as well as items that have expried.

The listing fee (paid in gold by the seller for each item) is non-refundable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

lmao twink .
    Quote Originally Posted by Punktate View Post
    Friends are overrated, acquaintances ftw.

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/...rs/troll-1.jpg

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #24
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by setec View Post
    Found the road map that mentioned mailboxes: (04/16/2010).

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...nology-Roadmap
    The mailboxes did not make it in to the first iteration. It's a neat idea (and in the past we've made game systems where you can email practically anything to another player... and that was sorta okay... not great by any means), and we plan to have something along these lines sometime in the future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    You can cancel the listing any time you want. If no one purchases your item before the time expires you get the item back. You will need to pick it up from Artie the Auctioneer by going to your 'Completed' sales tab. The 'Completed' portion of the interface shows items that have sold as well as items that have expried.

The listing fee (paid in gold by the seller for each item) is non-refundable.
    ok sounds great

how much wud the listing fee be?
    and wud it vary on rarity of items and lvl
    say if i put a gorgux hammer of the rift in it may be twice a fee as a lvl 45 item?
    Quote Originally Posted by Punktate View Post
    Friends are overrated, acquaintances ftw.

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/...rs/troll-1.jpg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

screen shot please?
    i saw her once, and swore i was in love...

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #27
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,177 Posts

The fee is going to be 1% of your asking price. So if you want to ask a few million for your Gurgox Hammer... you'll pay a big listing fee
    On the other hand, if you're feeling charitable and you decide to list this rare item for only a few thousand... you'll get by with a nominal fee.

Rarity and such has no bearing on the asking price. We know of some green and yellow items that are (shamefully) a lot more rare than the most sought-after pinks. These may be worth a lot more to a collector even though they are not the best stats, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yellow items, have I missed a rather large addition to PL, or were you referring to orange?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Looove this idea -- hate standing around spamming my wares, which is why I rarely do it. This sounds great. Question, though. If you see your item's not selling, is there any way to lower the price without having to take it out and start over? Because it seems like people could just look at the prices on there and put theirs up for slightly less and then yours won't sell. Would be nice if you could change the price but only lower it, sacrificing the higher 1% fee. That way people won't start with absurdly high prices and then lower it after.

Not sure if that made any sense -- Im going on no sleep or food b/c of PL lol. Too addictive!!!!

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

So essentially the item goes 'into the shop' when you put it up for sale, so you can not use it?

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

nice,thanks
    lvl 45 Warrior Crazycattle(Str)
    lvl 45 Warrior Chinamobile(Dex)
    lvl 45 Archer Supercattle(63%crit)
    lvl 40 Enchantress Weiphone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wish this came out earlier, really helps with the marketing economy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Really neat, helps set everything straight. Though the only con I see is the fee (no, I understand this is essentially part, no doubt). I just see it as another gold drainer from the people to the game, and still no gold income added. Though 1% is kinda small for the prices ongoing now, awesome devs Cannot wait!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I see it as a huge help. It will force sellers to come down and make Forest Haven more social. It won't be a gold drainer, it'll make everything cheaper.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a stash full of junk waiting for this to be implemented. Stuff that is impossible to sell one by one, would be easily searched for and sold with an auction type system.
    Stratospaly 47 Tanking Warrior
    (someone took the Stratos name)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

awwww no more ripping off noobs.
    lol jk

this will be awesome, however i think it will bring prices down more :/
    example:

Someones selling power armor or rift for 400k
    someone else is selling it too, but they want to sell it for 600k

they are forced to bring their price down to 400k, because thats what another person is selling for. kinda creates a base price for all items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stratospaly View Post
    I have a stash full of junk waiting for this to be implemented. Stuff that is impossible to sell one by one, would be easily searched for and sold with an auction type system.
    Yeah I have 300 junk (probably 40 of that pinks, The rest purple and green mess) sitting in my mule account, too much effort to sell.

And that's a concern for the market I think, everyone else has the same stockpile.
    So there is going to be a huge oversupply of not so good pinks, with everyone listing cheaper to sell there may be a bit of a shock crash in their prices for a few weeks until all the stockpiles have been cleaned out.

I guess everyone just has to be prepared for that to happen, don't rush to offload for ever lower prices in the first few weeks.
    Perhaps once prices have stabilized the devs can change some items colors to more accurately reflect their value. Downgrade some unwanted pinks to purples, and upgrade any high value purples to pinks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

For the example of an item sold for 600k and another for 400k, the seller for the 400k will win that match. However, if the seller for the 600k buts the 400k item, then sells both his for 600k, he gets a 200k profit. Of course, if enough people sell that item for 400k, then the 600k seller will be forced to bring his price down.

Another thing that WILL happen is sellers will buy out a popular item completely and then sell it for a high price. This has to be an item in high demand though.

But, I look forward to this. There will be good deals to find and overtime the market will stabilize as well.
    PL acct 4/7/10 - Setec Lvl 52 STR Bear | SL acct 8/29/11 - Setec Lvl 10 Commando | DL acct created 9/16/12 - Setec Lvl 17 Male | AL acct 3/28/13 - Setec Lvl 9 Warrior | iOS 8 on iPad Mini 2/iPhone 6

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

They can't buy all of something as new items will keep dropping, they would need to control supply as well to maintain an artificial price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Here is what I mean by "all items". If there is a rare item, let's call it the "Sword of a Thousand Truths" or STT for short (<-- just made that up or did I?).

Let's say the STT is very rare and you have to go through a lot of quests to get it or kill a lot of the same boss and it only drops like .5% of the time. First off, not everyone that has one will sell it. Those that do sell it, put it on the CS for sale. Let's say there are 10 sellers on there. One of them could buy the other 9 up, cancel his sale, then relist the 10 items for sale at a high price. And let's say this STT is the hot item to have. Unless someone gets one in game and ALSO sells it, this one seller now controls the supply and can maintain that artificial price until such time as another appears on the CS at a lower one.