Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Realm of Shadows: First Look at New Mythics and Map

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought one mythic amor from my friend.can it be upgraded?.???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    The pets had a significant drop off compared to each other in terms of stats, and with the addition of this buff it brings them a bit closer together. This was deemed appropriate since they are all still as rare as each other now as they were then, and they also level up and progress with the character as companions and not as items
    Aren't arcane weapons just as rare though? I mean might as well stop making arcane weapons drop past their peak performance era. Imagine at 46 expansion someone loots a maul from a crate only to find out they can't use it beyond twinking because the stats are surpassed by the best pinks. What incentive is there to strive for Arcane status hammers then? If ARCANE pets can level every expansion, there should be a Plat option or gem stone that mates with arcane weapons so they don't experience the "significant drop off" and "brings them closer together" with ARCANE status weapons. If you're monitoring the traders market, you will already see people trading their super weapons for pets because that's the kind of status the weapons hold now (twink item/junk in future expansions)

I think the average player like myself would blow major plats opening crates striving for an arcane weapon rather than a pet because it's supposed to be awesome. Take the awesome factor away and you've just discouraged at least one person. The thought even crossed my mind at one point to convert Plat to gold and get that sweet maul. I would never do that for a pet, and definitely not for a weapon that has an expiry date. I hope you guys put the arcane weapons future back on the table for discussion as its looking a little bleak right now.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zanpakuto For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zanpakuto View Post
    Aren't arcane weapons just as rare though? I mean might as well stop making arcane weapons drop past their peak performance era. Imagine at 46 expansion someone loots a maul from a crate only to find out they can't use it beyond twinking because the stats are surpassed by the best pinks. What incentive is there to strive for Arcane status hammers then? If ARCANE pets can level every expansion, there should be a Plat option or gem stone that mates with arcane weapons so they don't experience the "significant drop off" and "brings them closer together" with ARCANE status weapons. If you're monitoring the traders market, you will already see people trading their super weapons for pets because that's the kind of status the weapons hold now (twink item/junk in future expansions)

I think the average player like myself would blow major plats opening crates striving for an arcane weapon rather than a pet because it's supposed to be awesome. Take the awesome factor away and you've just discouraged at least one person. The thought even crossed my mind at one point to convert Plat to gold and get that sweet maul. I would never do that for a pet, and definitely not for a weapon that has an expiry date. I hope you guys put the arcane weapons future back on the table for discussion as its looking a little bleak right now.
    No, no, no, no, no, no, no. In case you missed that, NO!

This is a game, things change, that's why people KEEP PLAYING. Oh look, I have the best gear, it will stay the best gear for ever... BORING.

Even the pets will not stay best for ever, as our stats rise +25 is not going to be that much. New pets, in future expansions, will out do the current arcane pets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valsacar View Post
    No, no, no, no, no, no, no. In case you missed that, NO!

This is a game, things change, that's why people KEEP PLAYING. Oh look, I have the best gear, it will stay the best gear for ever... BORING.

Even the pets will not stay best for ever, as our stats rise +25 is not going to be that much. New pets, in future expansions, will out do the current arcane pets.
    That's a matter of opinion and yours is clearly from someone who has everything in the game which is great for you. If new pets do in fact out do the old arcane pets, why buff hammerjaw and glacian at this point now. Should just stay the same as it was in the beginning by your logic. The best gear can be out dated like mythic no argument there. But I'm speaking purely from an arcane point of view. Most people won't ever own more than one arcane item if they are even that lucky, but how would you feel if you spend hundreds of dollars at level 41 and looted hooks or maul which are useless. I'm just saying either buff them replace them, or get rid of them from future expansions. Who would actually wish for a twink item as the lottery prize when they open a crate?
    Last edited by Zanpakuto; 07-21-2013 at 08:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Thanks for the upgrade of first arcane pets, i'm testing buffed glacian.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

That's a matter of opinion and yours is clearly from someone who has everything in the game which is great for you. If new pets do in fact out do the old arcane pets, why buff hammerjaw and glacian at this point now. Should just stay the same as it was in the beginning by your logic. The best gear can be out dated like mythic no argument there. But I'm speaking purely from an arcane point of view. Most people won't ever own more than one arcane item if they are even that lucky, but how would you feel if you spend hundreds of dollars at level 41 and looted hooks or maul which are useless. I'm just saying either buff them replace them, or get rid of them from future expansions. Who would actually wish for a twink item as the lottery prize when they open a crate?
    I still will be happy if I ever loot anything arcane, does not matter if I would use it or not..
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=88929&dateline=136981  8890
    Signature created by marshmallow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Just so you realize, level 26 hooks is going to be an awesome twink pvp item. I will retain a nice amount of it's value over time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zanety View Post
    I have the Same QUESTION. Please clarify this question, anyone?

you will need to have the current level 26 Mythic Helm from Kraken Isles Elite Gold Pirate Chests and Locked Grand Crates of the Watch and the level 31 Mythic Armor that come from Nordr Elite Gold Warchests and Locked Grand Crates of the Watch. - in this sentence says, it should come from a chest/crate that you looted yourself.

What if it was bought? Can the Questline be triggered?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

can't wait :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thortillos View Post
    I have the Same QUESTION. Please clarify this question, anyone?

you will need to have the current level 26 Mythic Helm from Kraken Isles Elite Gold Pirate Chests and Locked Grand Crates of the Watch and the level 31 Mythic Armor that come from Nordr Elite Gold Warchests and Locked Grand Crates of the Watch. - in this sentence says, it should come from a chest/crate that you looted yourself.

What if it was bought? Can the Questline be triggered?
    Of course it can!

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Just so you realize, level 26 hooks is going to be an awesome twink pvp item. I will retain a nice amount of it's value over time.
    Well I'm not exactly an owner of either arcane item, but if the day should come, I would really like to use it at endgame and not just pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Obi View Post
    I still will be happy if I ever loot anything arcane, does not matter if I would use it or not..
    But would you be willing to blow hundreds of your own money just to get a twink item? Feeling I'm sure is awesome to loot arcane, but is an outdated item enough to drive you crazy for one?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

When? When? When? When? When?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

But would you be willing to blow hundreds of your own money just to get a twink item? Feeling I'm sure is awesome to loot arcane, but is an outdated item enough to drive you crazy for one?
    I think you fail to realize that it doesn't matter what items you actually loot, it matters their value. You can sell whichever items you get and buy whichever items you need. If you loot arcane hooks, you can sell for 12m+ and buy a different item of your choosing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

And to add on top of that the arcane achievement itself for looting such a rare item.. some people bought the arcane eggs just to get it..
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=88929&dateline=136981  8890
    Signature created by marshmallow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Cool...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Will these upgraded mythics be the best L36 gear?
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

what will be the stats of the new mythics?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I think you fail to realize that it doesn't matter what items you actually loot, it matters their value. You can sell whichever items you get and buy whichever items you need. If you loot arcane hooks, you can sell for 12m+ and buy a different item of your choosing.
    True

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Thumbs up to reconsider

Carapacho , I would reconsider, update arcane pieces in future expansion " ej.46lvl " matching its value and use. all same lvl arcane weapons, equality between characters in battle (normalization of its market price) )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Of course it can!

Well I'm not exactly an owner of either arcane item, but if the day should come, I would really like to use it at endgame and not just pvp.

Who said you would still be able to loot outdated arcane items?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)