Thread: Lvl 73 skills?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Lvl 73 skills?

Hello once again! I decided to become a str/int mage! I just need help arranging my skills. I am lvl 73 and I pvp/lvl Currently they are:
    frostbite 9
    lightning 9
    heal 6
    revive 1
    firestorm 9
    icestorm 1
    drain life 5
    weakness 5
    nightmare 4
    magic shield 9
    blessing of vitality 7
    blessing of might 7

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Personally, I would switch to:

9 heal
    0 weakness
    1 shield
    9 BoV
    9 BoM
    9 drain
    6 nightmare

(and keep the other skills at their current level)
    Blastyou - Bearconator - Cptchicken - Foxgonewild
    Casualpvp - Bgame - Angerissues - Gorgons - Worstbear - Casualsniper - Beginnersluck - Talonbehr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Default Lvl 73 skills?

Just remember:
    Buffs > 1 point in utility spells > primary damage skills > 1 point in secondary damage skills (frost storm? Yep that's all for elf) > more points to utility > debuffs
    Last edited by Zapoke; 07-17-2013 at 08:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Would those skills be powerful Blast? Im kinda new, joined 3 months ago. Im a noob lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by venomisteress View Post
    Would those skills be powerful Blast? Im kinda new, joined 3 months ago. Im a noob lol.
    Blast's build is good, yes. If you want more than a few opinions, you should post in the PvP or general discussion sections. The class specific forum sections get a lot less traffic than both of the others. In fact, I think it's fair to say general discussion alone gets more traffic than all 5 class sections put together. And then some.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Yes, that would give you good damage and survivability. And as Zapoke said, you can post in one of the higher-traffic sections if you want more input.
    Blastyou - Bearconator - Cptchicken - Foxgonewild
    Casualpvp - Bgame - Angerissues - Gorgons - Worstbear - Casualsniper - Beginnersluck - Talonbehr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks for helping once again!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Get drain life to 9. That skill could possibly 1 hit KO a bird early in the match. I like the frostbite and fire at 9 tho. Powerful combo
    Also, I personally like my buffs being at least 6 on both and debuffs help a little bit with bears in close. Hope u enjoy pl!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Hello once again! I decided to become a str/int mage! I just need help arranging my skills. I am lvl 73 and I pvp/lvl Currently they are:
    frostbite 9
    lightning 9
    heal 6
    revive 1
    firestorm 9
    icestorm 1
    drain life 5
    weakness 5
    nightmare 4
    magic shield 9
    blessing of vitality 7
    blessing of might 7
    A total of 72 skill points?
    Here's what I would suggest, as you are going pally.

You have literally no DEX and that will make your Hit % suffer. You should invest in some DEX or at least enough to get a DEX ring to make up for the Hit.

If Hit % doesn't seem to matter, just keep investing into Dodge and Armor primarily. Crit should be of a lesser priority as your buffs should help you enough.
    Ring: Get Green Dragon Ring or a good STR ring for tanking.
    Face: Get either Dark Mage face for Hit % or Lady Lynx for more Dodge.
    Gear: Beastly Scythe Set L73 (get in close range and whack that scythe, it does GREAT auto-attack damage by itself)

Skill Setup:

Frostbite: Level 9
    Lightning: Level 9
    Firestorm: Level 9
    Drain: Level 9 (You get to damage your opponent for a good amount and heal yourself with that same amount. Also your highest damaging skill, potential to one-shot and heal yourself much more than the Heal skill)
    Blessing of Might: Level 9 (This gives you a lovely +55 armor for 12 seconds, definitely must-have for Pallies to fully maximize your potential)
    Blessing of Vitality: Level 9 (Without this, you only have the Crit from your Beastly. This greatly increases your Critical % by +75 and Damage by +45 for 20 seconds, and makes Enchantresses hit those fluffy orange numbers)

The above should be your basic build- something that most Enchantresses at endgame follow, with a few digressions.
    Out of 72 skill points, you now have 18 left.

Let's go with direct-support skills.

Revive: 1 (This is pretty optional if you do only Arena. If you do CTF, make sure you put a point in here. However, if you focus on PvP, it's very likely you'll be doing some CTF as well, as tanking and moving the flag is what Pallies excel at)

Heal: Level 6 (Your heal will be extremely weak as you are not full INT and anything beyond Level 6 Heal does not increase the skill's healing output by as much as it does in previous level increments. Plus, in PvP, Heal is used by Pallies more as a guaranteed "Free Me!" from crippling and severe debuffs that can decrease your dodge, armor, hit and damage, roots, freezes, etc)

As for your "useless skill", which is Ice Storm, you can either leave it at 1 or just leave it out.
    The reason for this is because while it does freeze, the skill cast time is extremely slow and endgame PvP is quite fast.
    Furthermore, increasing this skill's level only increases its maximum damage output, while its minimum remains the same measly number, making it completely unreliable.
    The only plus side to this skill I can see is the ability to inflict HOT FLASH! combo on multiple enemies around you in combination with Firestorm. However, PvP isn't going to have multiple enemies just standing there around you, so using Frostbite + Firestorm to inflict a single player HOT FLASH! combo from a 12M range is safer.

Let's assume you put 1 in Revive, 6 in Heal and 0 in Ice Storm.

That leaves 11 skill points left for your Mana Shield and debuffs.
    These three are the most disputed and the ultimate distinction between builds at endgame.
    Some people prefer debuffing the opponent's offensive abilities to debuffing the opponent's defensive abilities, while others yet might enjoy a surplus of extra armor from a maxed Mana Shield.

Mana Shield: Level 1 or Level 9 or a Mix
    As a Pally, you're going to have a crappy amount of Mana and your Mana Regen suffers as well.
    However, it really depends on how much INT you include in your build.
    When you attack an opponent your primary damage out put will be from skills and your damage output is thus dependent on your Mana.
    Why is Mana Shield there? To save you in case someone actually manages to get close to depleting your health bar through getting through your immense Dodge and Armor.
    But you can't just cancel your Mana Shield and thus your Mana supply gets drawn out. Once your Mana is gone, your health will also start to drain away, regardless of whether your Mana Shield is still on (your Mana Pool takes the damage first and then the remainder is dealt to your health).
    But Mana shield is only up for 12 seconds, and a bird can easily break through your shield, rendering useless.

Furthermore, your Mana is your last defense. Go through it and now your health is at risk with no chance to Firestorm Knock-Back, Frostbite and Run or even Heal yourself.
    In fact, most Pallies die this way in CTF and Arena.

But let's consider the armor buff part of Mana Shield.
    The armor buff is connected to the Mana Shield. If the Mana Shield is broken, your armor buff is lost.
    When a bird cracks your Mana Shield, that armor buff is also gone.
    Is the armor buff worth it? At level 1 it gives a measly +4 Armor.

However, at level 9, it gives +40 Armor.
    The extra Armor you gain from that buff increases at a higher rate the higher level of the skill you increase.
    From Level 1->2, you only go from 4->6 Armor, an increase of 2 points.
    However, from Level 8->9 it's an increase of 30->40, a total of 10 points.

Finally, most Pallies DO get Mana Shield as it gives them a chance to regen that HP and survive by running away, and the armor buff really helps.
    Thus, my conclusion is to either put Level 1 in this (as your mana is really low and you could be better off spending points with debuffs), or you can max it out with Level 9 to gain full advantage of its Armor ability. But keep in mind, that Armor Buff is obsolete against birds, as they can destroy that buff along with your Mana Shield with one Blast Shot.
    A final alternative would be to split your points between Mana Shield and your debuffs, but I will explain that later.

From the 11 skill points remaining, you now have 10 or 2.

Weakness: Level 1 or Level 9 or a Mix

This lets you debuff your opponent's damage and Hit %.
    You will usually be using this against Bears and Mages, Birds not so much.
    This is the skill table.
    Level 1 — 24 mana, 10 sec cool-down, 8m area, DMG -5, Hit % -5
    Level 2 — 24 mana, 10 sec cool-down, 8m area, DMG -10, Hit % -10
    Level 3 — 24 mana, 10 sec cool-down, 8m area, DMG -15, Hit % -15
    Level 4 — 24 mana, 10 sec cool-down, 8m area, DMG -20, Hit % -20
    Level 5 — 24 mana, 10 sec cool-down, 8m area, DMG -25, Hit % -25
    Level 6 — 24 mana, 10 sec cool-down, 8m area, DMG -30, Hit % -30
    Level 7 — 24 mana, 10 sec cool-down, 8m area, DMG -40, Hit % -35
    Level 8 — 24 mana, 10 sec cool-down, 8m area, DMG -50, Hit % -50
    Level 9 — 24 mana, 10 sec cool-down, 8m area, DMG -60, Hit % -60

Notice how after level 6, the debuff's power goes up at a higher rate.
    The debuff of Hit % is also very useful and is the main advantage of this skill- 60 DMG is quite obsolete at endgame.
    Focus on this if you are using STR-gear Pally.

Nightmare: Level 1 or Level 9 or a Mix

This skill debuffs your opponent's Armor and Dodge %.

Level 1 — 24 mana, 8 sec cool-down, 6m area, Reduce ARMOR -5, DODGE% chance -2
    Level 2 — 24 mana, 8 sec cool-down, 6m area, Reduce ARMOR -10, DODGE% chance -4
    Level 3 — 24 mana, 8 sec cool-down, 6m area, Reduce ARMOR -15, DODGE% chance -6
    Level 4 — 24 mana, 8 sec cool-down, 6m area, Reduce ARMOR -20, DODGE% chance -8
    Level 5 — 24 mana, 8 sec cool-down, 6m area, Reduce ARMOR -25, DODGE% chance -10
    Level 6 — 24 mana, 8 sec cool-down, 6m area, Reduce ARMOR -30, DODGE% chance -12
    Level 7 — 24 mana, 8 sec cool-down, 6m area, Reduce ARMOR -40, DODGE% chance -15
    Level 8 — 24 mana, 8 sec cool-down, 6m area, Reduce ARMOR -50, DODGE% chance -18
    Level 9 — 24 mana, 8 sec cool-down, 6m area, Reduce ARMOR -60, DODGE% chance -21

Unlike Weakness, this debuff works more on decreasing defensive ability.
    Since you are focusing on dodge and armor as a STR-gear Pally, your damage output should not be good anyways, and it's useless trying to increase it this way.
    The Dodge % debuff is only useful against Bears or other STR-gear Pallies, not so much against Birds who will probably beat you up within a matter of seconds with their L9 arrows and debuffs if you stay too long.
    Furthermore, keep in mind that Bears and Birds also have Dodge debuffs for their class and those easily debuff more of your dodge at a faster speed than you can debuff theirs.
    Thus, it is better to focus less on this and more on Weakness if you are playing STR-gear Pally.

Final Builds:

Using L73 Sharp Scepter Set with a 151 STR/209 INT build

-This set is really underpowered for its level. If you do like the nuking or whatsoever, I would recommend this build:

Frostbite 9
    Lightning 9
    Heal 6
    Revive 1
    Firestorm 9
    Icestorm 0
    Drain Life 9
    Weakness 1
    Nightmare 9
    Mana Shield 1
    Blessing of Vitality 9
    Blessing of Might 9

Your hierarchy in distribution of the remaining 11 skill points between Mana Shield, Weakness, and Nightmare should be this:
    Nightmare>Mana Shield/Weakness

Weakness is really useless here; you want to focus on nuking and dishing out damage.
    Let's put Weakness at 1 or even 0.
    For that same reason, Nightmare will rank higher than Mana Shield.

Mana Shield would be highest for Pure INT Enchantresses as they have the largest pool of Mana possible with the Scepter Set.
    The decision of having only 151 STR to equip L73 Beastly, leaves Mana Shield decently viable.
    You get 1 Mana every 2.5 or so INT points. With 209 INT+160 Base INT from set (without bonus accounted for), that's 147.6~148 more Mana Points.
    With a base of 604 Mana, you now have 772 Mana. That is good! With an extra +40 armor, it would SEEM great for maxing.

But is it really that good to max?

Let's pit Mana Shield against Nightmare.

We could do a 6/5 split of the 11 skill points between Mana Shield/Nightmare.
    But Mana Shield only works magically post-Level 6 and remember that birds can easily pop it along with that armor buff!

Plus, Nightmare is the only other dodge-debuff skill besides Lightning, which gives only 6% Dodge debuff at Level 9 max.
    Finally, other mages are likely to have more Mana in their Pool than you if they are pure INT, and against bears, Nightmare frankly does a better job than Mana Shield with an extra 40 armor and 148 Mana Points- the extra armor can again be debuffed easily by bear or bird.

Thus, Nightmare>Mana Shield.
    So let's max Nightmare.
    Now it's 2 points left and we have L2 Mana Shield/L0 Weakness VS L1 Mana Shield/L1 Weakness.
    What do you think is better? +2 Armor or -5 DMG and -5 Hit %?
    I'd go with Weakness.

Using L73 Beastly Scythe Set with a 151 INT/209 STR Build

-This set is really great for its level. If you do like the nuking or whatsoever, I would recommend this build:

Frostbite 9
    Lightning 9
    Heal 6
    Revive 1
    Firestorm 9
    Icestorm 0
    Drain Life 9
    Weakness 9
    Nightmare 1
    Mana Shield 1
    Blessing of Vitality 9
    Blessing of Might 9

Your hierarchy in distribution of the remaining 11 skill points between Mana Shield, Weakness, and Nightmare should be this:
    Weakness>Nightmare>Mana Shield

Why Weakness? It destroys 60% Hit from your opponent, making your already dodgy-Enchantress become even more dodgy.

An alternative, perhaps even better build would be to fully utilize your debuffs and spend less on damaging purposes.
    Drain is pure damage, and your damage will already suck with this build. All of your other core combat skills have either Knock-Back or debuffs that go along with them. Thus, you can skip out from some Drain and Blessing of Vitality (as this only increase +5 instead of +10 per level from Level 6 onwards and having 100 Crit is already sufficient) to get some more points into debuffs in the following "Fully Functional Tank Mage".

Frostbite 9
    Lightning 9
    Heal 6
    Revive 1
    Firestorm 9
    Icestorm 0
    Drain Life 4
    Weakness 9
    Nightmare 9
    Mana Shield 1
    Blessing of Vitality 6
    Blessing of Might 9
    Last edited by Whirlzap; 08-01-2013 at 04:51 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Whirlzap For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Wow! that is some useful info right there. Right now im lvl 75 and i have 200int, 160str, and 20dex. Im wearing fiery helm, lava havoc robe, lava bracer, and i have a lvl 73 beastly scythe and fiery wand (i use either one). Would the skills u recomended still be useful at 75? And is the armor that I have good, because i dont have enough money to buy fiery armor and bracer. And can u tell me some very good combos for tanking and kiting. Thank you!
    Last edited by venomisteress; 08-02-2013 at 07:06 PM.