Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Three years ago...

Guardian of Alterra DawnInfinity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Default Three years ago...

Well, over 3 years ago (early June 2010), I started playing Pocket Legends. Some of the members of the newer "generation" of PLers might not recognize me, but some of the oldies who are still around might remember me. I'm not sure if this has been done yet, but think it'd be cool if we could do a little sharing about our PL experiences.

I'm curious to see how PL (and maybe the other, newer spinoffs) has affected not only your gaming lives, but also your personal ones.

A few years ago I was going through high school and other troubles, and I got to know many amazing people on this game who I still stay in contact with today. I spent hundreds of hours on PL having a blast on the game, and it made me realize that it wasn't lame to sit around and play video games all day. Before, IRL I would keep my gaming secret, but now I have no shame about the games I play and/or how much I play them for.

Basically, I think it'd be kinda neat to hear everyone's most "defining" PL moment - what they would consider to be their most favorite and what they would look back on in 3 years time, like I'm able to do.

For me, it would probably either be sitting in town (back when there was only one town) and merching, and then the whole buzz and rush when AO came out - aka dying a lot and actually being challenged to complete maps that required teamwork.

tl;dr version= what's your favorite moment in PL and how would you look back upon playing PL?
    *Follow my blog, and I'll love you forever *
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    She's not hot, she's sexy. Sexy steph
    Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    does it matter? we all praise and adore your presence, may your light fall upon our eyes...

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to DawnInfinity For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Thanks for making this thread Steph

Back in November of 2010, I started playing PL on my Droid X (long story short, I ruined the phone and didn't start back again until February of 2011.) But I found the game and started playing and met some of the most amazing people. PL was not only a fun way to pass time, but a way for me to befriend people without them judging me on my personality or looks or abilities. The game became an outlet - a way to express myself without judgement and a way to talk to new people and have new experiences. Late nights when I couldn't sleep, I'd hold my phone to my window with the charger plugged in and play until I passed out; then wake up the next morning with no ability to even keep my eyes open. Over the years, I've watched them game grow; like myself. I wouldn't say the game has changed in a negative way, but a positive way. There was no controlling the direction of the game and it sucks to see people come and go, but that's life. The game, in only a few years taught me what life was going to be like and what to say and how to spend my money. I learned that if it was enjoyable, it was worth it. I learned that random acts of kindness were always good for the heart. I know it means nothing, but once you learn that the 20k you have on your character doesn't mean that much to you, you're a slightly better person. I might be blithering because its late, but I've always wanted to express how amazingly a simple game has affected me over the years. It's so astonishing. Even now, I find myself wide awake playing the game and just chatting. The chats are short, and the friendships fade, but it's okay - because it's alright. I dunno, I just love you guys and I love the old community.

And tl;dr, the game has changed me for the better and I want to thank you guys for always sticking around; I couldn't ask for a more reliable community when I needed one. Love you guys <3

~ Morgaan

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WoundedEagle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

June 2011: Was trying to find a game that I could play online with friends. I found pocket legends and long story short got addicted. I basically stayed at level 37 through sewer cap farming. Met a bunch of new friends and still enjoy playing with them . They made
    me enjoy going from lvl 1-76 .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

April 2010 I was doing Finnish mandatory army training. In one missions had my phone with me and managed to crack it completely. On 10th of April went to store and bought my iPhone 3gs and went back to army. At evening get known my first smartphone and was browsing Apple store for games and came across pocket legends. I remember looking those app store images and saying myself "can they really make graphics like this to phone game or is it just theater screenshots made for store"

Now over three years later, got to say that wasn't so bad idea check out this little fella from store. Have had so many great moments. Have met so many great persons all over the world
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

November 21st, 2010 I was at basketball practice that day. We were told to come early, but the coach wasn't there yet. A guy that sat next to me was playing on his iPhone, and it turns out the game was Pocket Legends. If it weren't for him, I would've never known about Pocket Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

August 15, 2011. My dad is having a meeting and I was told to play somewhere else. So was bored with most games so I looked for good ones and here it is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by floats:1185078
    August 15, 2011. My dad is having a meeting and I was told to play somewhere else. So was bored with most games so I looked for good ones and here it is.
    Lol, did you thank your dad after the meeting?

Babybugszxx,Trust, Ebagovax, Pvpbugsz, Xxaeromagexx, Bugszmage, Xbabybugszx, Bestavian, Boombugsz, Swaggbearr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Lying on couch bored one summer afternoon... Searched AppStore and came up with Pocket Legends. Did one run in Fh then closed the app and deleted it. I tried it again about 1 year later, and I really enjoyed it. I got hooked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Mine was when I first started. I had never been a gamer (I'm a little older) I was standing in Forest Haven completely clueless, when A high level warrior named Byserk walked up to me and asked me if I needed help. He opened up my Pl world for me and became a dear friend in Pl and RL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

I started playing PL on November 2010 , I was baby Mage hanging around FH wen sum1 gave me bunch of items n vanished ... I was thinking in myself ... Wat a wonderful world ...
    Lady Viviane

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ladyviviane For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Like others, I have never been a big gamer, have never played a game on a portable device (phone or tablet) and have never played a MMO at all. I tried this game because of good reviews and found some great friends (like Ms. Haze) who were around to explore and level with for the first time. Loved the sense of community and teammwork that came with a MMO and got hooked.
    EdtheEagle - Lvl 76 bird a.k.a. "Yeti fodder".
    Curiositee - Lvl 76 mage a.k.a. farmer alt
    Edthe Rhino - Lvl 76 Rhino / Gold Mule ha ha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Good to see you're still around Steph

My moment was when I joined AEO, back when it was at its prime. There were so many standout players to look up to that it really shaped me into the player I am today, and I'm extremely grateful for that.

-------AEO-------

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NECROREAPER For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

I got hooked to PL during the sewers cap... I remember all the crusher and hideout runs we did... Good ole days...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

I started playing/registered my account on may 2010 one day after fnord didn't exist.

The end

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

My fondest memories are the endless Keeper/Plasma Pyramid runs with with many oldies: Xrax, Wrap, Tankkaar, Colborne, Stank, Dubvballer, Diebomber, and many others. It was a time when people truly traded gear for what they needed, especially when Shadow Caves came out.

That was also the time I was introduced to the forums: A time when learning, education, and research was the sole purpose.

BTW, good to hear from ya, Steph. Hope all is well in life.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

20. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

I started playing in the summer of 2011 because of a free gun bros offer. I didn't make many friends but I leveled to 30somethen on a Mage. I came back about a month later and made a bird that became my main. I decided to do some twinking on sryyoulose and since then I made great friends in pvp and I was hooked ever since then!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sryyoulose View Post
    I started playing in the summer of 2011 because of a free gun bros offer. I didn't make many friends but I leveled to 30somethen on a Mage. I came back about a month later and made a bird that became my main. I decided to do some twinking on sryyoulose and since then I made great friends in pvp and I was hooked ever since then!
    Lol pvp back then. I used to think you and rdox or whatever his name was the best birds/pvpers ever. You guys were the reason I made "notyocheese" bird my first pvp character
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I never had much trouble figuring out the game at first. I came across PL looking for an MMO (back in 2010) and level up quickly to 35. PvP just came out, so my first game I joined was with Thelonearcher, Ladylove, and Residentevl.

I attacked thinking he'd be my first kill, then he totally wrecks me instead. He said to me, "Silly noob". Lady was all like, "Hey! You be nice."

Later on, I became close friends with readtitle and dawninfinity. Even before that during the 45 cap, Mrsbanana, PvPmaster, and PvPlegend made me a really solid thoth pally (yes, mages were OP back then !)

I made a name for myself in game through PvP and became good friends with Kanital. Fortunately guilds weren't out yet, and Kan asked me to join his
    guild called Unity with Dopeydaddy... kind of like a founder of Unity which is neat. We recruited a ton of players who are considered Oldies today: Xazic, Cloakker, Rose, redwolfaak, Imkelly, etc.

The golden age of PL was the 56 cap. It was the first elite cap and I remember Lonearcher was the first to cap, and this guy Solvok when around PMing everyone, "LONE IS THE FIRST PERSON TO CAP. ALL HAIL LONE."

Revelation came along with the almighty Alwaysdtf, Amy, Whoisthis, etc. I was fortunate enough to create brackets thanks to Sam, and we had a guild wars tournament.

I will never forget the Unity/Rev match in ctf. Rev was up 9-6, and we came back making it 9-9. Dolloway on Rev was carrying up the flag on a side with kelly running the flag on the other side, and it was literally a race. Kelly probably beat Dollo by 3-4 seconds, and Unity came out with the win.

During the 66 cap, I held a 2v2
    ctf tournament. My partner was Xazic, and we ended up making it to the finals against hahahabirdy and zeus. Two very bright players (not to mention, hahabirdy wins every tourney). We won 5-3, lots of fun.

After that we held a bunch of 1/1 tournaments. At this point PL was becoming unbalanced and 1 big luck factor. I remember myself, Edensfury, Alwaysdtf, and one other were in the semi's for a 32 participant tourney. Eden beat me in the semis, and beat dtf in the finals.

The game rolled downhill from there with Unity breaking up a bunch of times. I'm going to stop typing before I get anymore caught up with this.

Great memories though.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 07-19-2013 at 11:25 PM.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

On November 21st on 2010 I got my Samsung Galaxy S. I immediately began to scroll the android market and Pocket Legends somehow popped up. I downloaded it and I was honestly amazed how good the game looked. I was playing a freaking real MMO ON MY MOBILE!!! On a funny note, I actually made my forum acc before I made my actual game account. I honestly thought somehow that the forum acc was the game acc. I began my actual foruming somewhere around end of 2011 if I recall correctly. But anyways, on the very next day (after I downloaded the game) I bought 300 plats and bought every single PvE and PvP map there were. I remember going till lvl 20 something in very short time and got bored a bit and quit for a while. Sometime later I started playing again but then I became frustrated how slow the lvling was. At lvl 20 or 30 something I began to just join any AO maps with "Plz don't kick me" in my quickchat. And finally, I capped to lvl 50 while exp running on Crusher. It felt such an achievement for me, but that wasn't the end of the road for me. Now I wanted to have the set. I began to farm in random pugs (Ik I've seen many oldies in there but srsly, can't remember anyone). Then I finally hit the jackpot. I looted Void armor from T'Paxxx the Executioner (the ultimate drop during that cap). I was able to buy the Void helmet, but I ran out of cash so I bought gold with plat in order to get that marvelous blaster. After I got the set, it felt awesome and I still deem it as my personal best gaming achievement by how excited I was. Then I got bored and quit for quite a while. As I came back Sewers were the new map. I ofc lvled myself up to lvl 55 (took quite a while) but I never capped. I just didn't feel the exp to be worth a 1 lvl as I could use the end game sets. Until I got convinced by someone who I can't remember (Later on I was sure it was someone famous as ppl who joined his runs besides of me were like "omg its u") to lvl myself up to lvl 56. So, the two of us began to exp farm at Catacombs and this stranger convinced me to buy my very first 3x combo elixir. It felt like a huge sum of plat back then LOL. So we farmed and farmed and after one night I got so close to cap (was under 1k away) but I fell asleep during exp runs (twas like 5 am). After that night, I had major personal issues and my RL problems got me completely away from any games.

Month later as things settled in RL I was like "NOW I'm going to cap myself and get that cool crown!!". After a strangely large patch I saw a new cap had arrived. Bb CoP! I got quite angry due to this, as the issues IRL weren't my fault in any way. I steered the frustration into lvling myself in Nuri's asap. After 3 days of nonstop grinding, boom, lvl 61. Some time later guilds were announced. I wasn't bothered by that, as I had always been a lone wolf type of guy in my MMOs. I didn't even consider at joining any guild. Time went by and I wanted to get myself the dagger set. I was only missing the Helm of Obedience which all of u know was notoriously hard to find. So, I farmed and farmed for it and for the first time I saw it dropped to a guy named Flyinghovenz. He was a complete stranger to me. I had 1.25M, which I knew wasn't enough (CS price was around 2m during that time) but I was getting frustrated and asked if he can sell it to me with that price. Well, he said that 1.25m now and 400k later. I was stunned how he could be so absolutely nice to a complete stranger. We made the deal. I was compelled to tell everyone about how nice he was to me and I made a thread about it, u can read it in here. After we did the deal, I noticed that he was in a guild named Eclipse. I didn't know anything about it but I felt like if there were as nice guys as Flyinghovenz was, this would be the best guild in the game. So, I asked if I can join Eclipse from Flyinghovenz and few moments later I joined Eclipse. What many of u don't know, I was actually rly lonely as I played PL until I joined Eclipse. Ofc I had friends on my FL, but they were there for me only because of farming. I thought there couldn't be any actual friendships in a damn mobile MMO. How wrong I was. My time in Eclipse meant a lot for me. I found one dear friend for me (with whom I hope to keep in touch even if we both quit the game) and countless hours of fun with messing with the guild. Eclipse opened a whole new PL and I loved it.

At Fang cap I got rly bored with farming as it was the only thing I had done in PL. I began to found myself more and more in PvP Arenas and eventually, it was the only place where I was as I logged in. I began to learn stuff but to put a twist for my own amusement, I made my bird an intbird wearing the Lili wand set. Ppl began to spot me as I was truly able to kill most ppl with my silly wand and Zombie Head. Once a guy named Kanital took an interest to me and wanted to fight with me. We were somewhere 60/40 in winning ratio (for his good duh) because the Lilith set's OPness was my advantage. We ended up becoming rly close and once Kanital dropped a huge and unexpected bomb; "Hey bro, would u like to join Unity?". I kept on tinkering for it a bit and decided it was my time to move on to PvP with my guild as well. So, I joined Unity after like 2 months of playing PvP. Anyone who remembers me back then, I wasn't by far good enough for being in Unity. I knew it and the whole Unity knew it and I became some sort of mascot or something haha. But as I played with the best, I became myself better and better. Kanital gave me lotsa tips for being a good bird and Xazic tutored me how to play a warbird. Time flew by and I kept on feeling that Unity wasn't my place to be. I was far less skilled than everyone in the guild so I decided to go back to Eclipse. But by looking back, that was a wrong decision as Eclipse didn't rly have anything to offer me as a guild for me anymore. There were like 2 PvPers besides me and I was playing only PvP. So, now I joined back into Unity. But this time I was better. I began to took PvP seriously as I wanted to be in Unity because of my skills and not because of my friendship with Kanital. Idk if u old Unity peeps feel it the same way but in the at least end times of Unity, I felt that I actually belonged in there.

After Unity disbanded for the very final time (Kanital has told that there would never be Unity again) I drifted for a while until I found my place in Rated M. At my time in there in some Forest Fight I rushed someone out of boredom. But this someone wasn't any random PvPer. Upon his request I can't say his identity, but he is one of the ancient PvP legends who most ppl think had quit a very long time ago. Anyways, we became close friends and he offered to tutor me into becoming one of the best birds who have ever played this game. I found out lotsa useful "hidden" game mechanics and I seriously became a good PvPer.

Last week me, Ice and Ghost decided to make our own guild. We discussed on making a new Unity, we would only recruit the best but we would do it our own way. That was how <Dominance> was born and even though we are extremely new guild, we already have 30+ active members, both PvP big dogs and prospecting new guys.

At the tip of the Iceberg I vsed a friendly 1v1 match with a rly good friend of mine, Hahahabirdy just this week. We used lvl 50 sets (he used Death set and I used Cyber), with 2 piece Elite Rings and no buffs. This is true PvP in which skill is the determing factor instead of luck. Our match was intense and equal and in the end, Haha won me with just 1 kill. I have finally elevated myself in the same category as the true best players in this whole game and I feel proud of it.

Extremely long story, but I wanted to put everything about my personal experiences with this game. This game means me so much as I have received lotsa good friends and this game's community is like no other's. I was able to discuss with so many ppl in this community about an extremely private matter, as I got diagnozed with depression few weeks back. I came back to this game after a quite long break and the people were here for me as I needed them. I was able to discuss my depression with no prejudice at all and that gave me the strength to tell about my depression to my IRL friends), co-workers and the discussions put me on the right track on recovering. I am on a good road to recovery and even without the help with my depression, this community is rly important to me.
    Last edited by dudetus; 07-19-2013 at 04:30 PM.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dudetus For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    I never had much trouble figuring out the game at first. I came across PL looking for an MMO (back in 2010) and level up quickly to 35. PvP just came out, so my first game I joined was with Thelonearcher, Ladylove, and Residentevl.

I attacked thinking he'd be my first kill, then he totally wrecks me instead. He said to me, "Silly noob". Lady was all like, "Hey! You be nice."

Later on, I became close friends with readtitle and dawninfinity. Even before that during the 45 cap, Mrsbanana, PvPmaster, and PvPlegend made me a really solid thoth pally (yes, mages were OP back then !)

I made a name for myself in game through PvP and became good friends with Kanital. Fortunately guilds weren't out yet, and Kan asked me to join his
    guild called Unity with Dopeydaddy... kind of like a founder of Unity which is neat. We recruited a ton of players who are considered Oldies today: Xazic, Cloakked, Rose, redwolfaak,, Imkelly, etc.

The golden age of PL was the 56 cap. It was the first elite cap and I remember Lonearcher was the first to cap, and this guy Solvok when around PMing everyone, "LONE IS THE FIRST PERSON TO CAP. ALL HAIL LONE."

Revelation came along with the almighty Alwaysdtf, Amy, Whoosthis, etc. I was fortunate enough tto create brackets thanks to Sam, and we had a guild wars tournament.

I will never forget the Unity/Rev match in ctf. Rev was up 9-6, and we came back making it 9-9. Dolloway on Rev was carrying up the flag on a side with kelly running the flag on the other side, and it was literally a race. Kelly probably beat Dollo by 3-4 seconds, and Unity came out with the win.

During the 66 cap, I held a 2v2
    ctf tournament. My partner was Xazic, and we ended up making it to the finals against hahahabirdy and zeus. Two very bright players (not to mention, hahabirdy wins every tourney). We won 5-3, lots of fun.

After that we held a bunch of 1/1 tournaments. At this point PL was becoming unbalanced and 1 big lick factor. I remember myself, Edensfury, Alwaysdtf, and one other were in the semi's for a 32 participant tourney. Eden beat me in the semis, and beat dtf in the finals.

The game rolled downhill from there with Unity breaking up a bunch of times. I'm going to stop typing before I get anymore caught up with this.

Great memories though.
    I was there when Lone capped. Was me, Lone, Diebomber, Dubvballer, and I forget the 5th. Die would have been first but he took a break to eat (or something like that) and Line kept grinding. For some odd reason, Lone booted me the run he capped... :/
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

28. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post: