Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Haha, sorry Crim. He's always had an attitude :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Steph! Didn't know you were still around. Good to see you again!

Well I was browsing the AppStore in may of 2010 because my mom had gotten the new iPad. I came across PL and was immediately addicted. For the first few weeks I was a total noob. I started to be more "well-known" and "pro-ish" when AO came out. Steph was actually one of, if not my first good friend in PL, I joined a guild (the name escapes me) and she was in it. After that we just got to know each other. One of my favorite people to play and talk with was Banned. He always, and I mean ALWAYS had something funny to say. I always disliked lone, mostly because everyone kissed up to him, but man he could do the fastest keeper/shadow runs ever. I also met rangepwnsmeel randomly in a game and we started talking about good workouts and then just went from there. Ever since Sewers I've been pretty much inactive in PL, I've had my inactive spurts on the forums but I've always stalked them and dropped a comment here and there. Before PL I really had only played Halo 1 so it really started my gaming life. PL really helped me make some great friends and got me to be more social and out going.

EDIT: How many remember when everyone was freaking out because we finally got hats! One crazy update back when it was just FH was when STS reskinned all the weapons and the town and everything.
    Last edited by Cascade; 07-19-2013 at 05:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

I joined in December 2011, during fang cap. I was a total nub, I ran around and friended anyone with crafted fang gear.

I remember seeing Eclipse members a lot and I always thought they were the most elite guild in game. When Humania came out, I decided I was gonna buy plat, farm the best gear and join Eclipse. I accomplished all 3; Ninja was actually the one who invited me.

I joined Eclipse, met Taara and we immediately hit it off. We had the time of our lives, on Eclipse private forums and in game farming. A few months later, I decided I needed to retire due to personal life. I changed my password/email for my forum account and deleted 3 capped toons in game. I immediately regretted, made Thesadness and found Taara again.

For those who were/are in Eclipse, I'm Zo. Tbh, I think I had more fun in Eclipse than at any other point. Partly because I met Taara, partly because that guild had what most lacked, community.

I don't know ya Steph, but thanks for starting this thread.
    Zo

PL: Flawless

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Sadness For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Sadness View Post
    I joined in December 2011, during fang cap. I was a total nub, I ran around and friended anyone with crafted fang gear.

I remember seeing Eclipse members a lot and I always thought they were the most elite guild in game. When Humania came out, I decided I was gonna buy plat, farm the best gear and join Eclipse. I accomplished all 3; Ninja was actually the one who invited me.

I joined Eclipse, met Taara and we immediately hit it off. We had the time of our lives, on Eclipse private forums and in game farming. A few months later, I decided I needed to retire due to personal life. I changed my password/email for my forum account and deleted 3 capped toons in game. I immediately regretted, made Thesadness and found Taara again.

For those who were/are in Eclipse, I'm Zo. Tbh, I think I had more fun in Eclipse than at any other point. Partly because I met Taara, partly because that guild had what most lacked, community.

I don't know ya Steph, but thanks for starting this thread.
    Zo
    It's cathartic isn't it? All this "coming out"?

Trulyhappy Officer of TCG
    It's not always rainbows and butterflies
    It's compromise that moves us along.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Lol, not like anyone cares. ><

PL: Flawless

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts

In sometime in 2010, I received a HTC Hero, and I absolutely hated it. I scrolled through the market, installed pl and some other tower defense game. The pos phone couldn't run pl, so I didn't even open the game for another year (when I got my iPod). Even with the iPod. I played, not knowing a thing about it and probably played about an hour a week at most. I have always been big on gaming, but it was pc games like counterstrike and other valve fps games. It wasn't until I got my iPhone, that I actually started playing pl. I still thought it was a stupid phone game, and I was still only like a level 30. I had never even thought of putting real money into a free game for your phone. It sounds ridiculous to this. But I still do it from time to time
    Anywho. I was a level 64 when the Humania cap came out. I thought nothing of it. I didn't even know what elite items were. I still had not purchased any plat.

On my way to 70 I met two guys named Sokoy and Tazlar. Invited me to vanguard of the light, and that's when I actually started loving the game. There were over 15-20 people in that guild that became very close friends to me. Signing in saying "hey" and getting like 20 responses back was pretty great. Doing runs all night, not getting anything, but not caring because you were having fun.

Pl isn't like that for me anymore sadly. Many of those people quit, plus all I do is pvp now because farming sucks with random people. And all pvp is now is a bunch a stupid drama.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I joined Pocket Legends in 2010. I distinctly remember when there was no trading system between players, inventory allowed 250 items (not 50), and the helmets were not displayed on the characters. I remember when each level cap cost plat. I remember the kite shield (looks like PL shield, but without the 'PL').

Alien Oasis was a huge turning point for the game. Everybody in game had to cooperate in their teams. Tons of new quests. The new (at the time) weapons were a buzz around town.

I like the respect and integrity of the players back then. I'm not saying players are not this way now, but it was very evident before. It was common to see people talking positively and congratulating each other in their success without bitter feelings. Trades were done on what was believed to be fair, allowing for more fun, interactivity with other players in merching.
    TVIS - 56 Warrior | Pocket Legends Founder
    TVIS - 35 Commando
    TVIS - 31 Male Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    I was there when Lone capped. Was me, Lone, Diebomber, Dubvballer, and I forget the 5th. Die would have been first but he took a break to eat (or something like that) and Line kept grinding. For some odd reason, Lone booted me the run he capped... :/
    That woulda been me in 5th, I just couldn't keep up with you guys despite pouring a case of Red Bull directly into my eyes.

I just wanted to say hi to Steph!!!! (and you other crusty PL old-timers)
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moogerfooger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Came around PL in 010, wondering if Blizzard had created a mobile version of WoW for phones. Decided to play around a bit, started doing dumb things like humping people with the back/forth motion. Started selling humps for 1k, rich players saw the humor and paid me. STS comes in the next day dismissing my acc for "inappropriate behavior" when it was all just a joke. Decided to Jailbreak device to change my UDID and restart playing again.

Kinda thank STS for dismissing my acc, gave me a reason to want to learn programming. Now I can do some Java coding with JavaMonkeyEngine creating some stick figure games.

Found this pic in (C:) Drive yesterday when looking for my old 4Chan folder.

Name:  IPod Photos 11-20-10 016.png
Views: 251
Size:  283.4 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    That woulda been me in 5th, I just couldn't keep up with you guys despite pouring a case of Red Bull directly into my eyes.

These are some of the vets I looked up to back in the day during the Balefort Sewer cap lol. That Sewer cap was one of the best cause of the CoP & you actually had to earn the elite item instead of buying Xp anywhere & running mega maze. We just ran in groups thru Bandit boy hideout to Catspaw over & over. Those were some great times back then. There wasn't all these elixirs to speed things up, I remember playing all day long till my eyes were blurry staring at a small IPhone screen too long! XD

I was so happy to get my Mega mage set, I'll never forget that look! Everybody had that same look but it was epic. Other great memories include dropping Dragon helm or armor in Fang. It was so hard that ppl freaked out when it dropped! Some of the comments were unforgettable when somebody looted it then how disappointed the others were in the party, it was hilarious. Looting Black dragon stuff was cool too, little did we know how rare & valued it would be later on.

Earning the Elite Egg was big for me as I missed getting the Volcanut (Mantle of Humania), one of my regrets but I finally got over it....finally. Some of the best times were when we got the dark pink elite weaps. The Marlin sword was the best for bears & the Wave twister for mages. So nice!

I got addicted to this game like some get hooked on WoW lmao!
    Last edited by slaveleia; 07-21-2013 at 03:36 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slaveleia For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra DawnInfinity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

<3

I miss trolling in PVP with Brooke, Read, and Evvv
    *Follow my blog, and I'll love you forever *
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    She's not hot, she's sexy. Sexy steph
    Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    does it matter? we all praise and adore your presence, may your light fall upon our eyes...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DawnInfinity View Post
    <3

I miss trolling in PVP with Brooke, Read, and Evvv
    I paid this girl to power level me, then I was a jerk to her & became obsessed with merchanting. So what did I do? Always rub it in her face about my daily profits.

Oh, I also specifically remember repeatedly addressing her as "dude". To this, she adamantly & repeatedly replied, "I'm not a dude!". Anyways, sometimes I feel she still gets secretly pissed off when I call her dude or maybe she's gotten used to it, idk. She's one of the few people I know who are difficult people to read!

Anyways if it came down to it, I think she would be the reason why I kept playing PL.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

You were the other?? LOL! Yeah, I had a hard time keeping up also. Dub kept asking me who would give up first and I was determined to NOT quit til someone capped. Turns out, I had to get booted.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    I paid this girl to power level me, then I was a jerk to her & became obsessed with merchanting. So what did I do? Always rub it in her face about my daily profits.

Oh, I also specifically remember repeatedly addressing her as "dude". To this, she adamantly & repeatedly replied, "I'm not a dude!". Anyways, sometimes I feel she still gets secretly pissed off when I call her dude or maybe she's gotten used to it, idk. She's one of the few people I know who are difficult people to read!

Anyways if it came down to it, I think she would be the reason why I kept playing PL.
    Text me yo
    does it matter? we all praise and adore your presence, may your light fall upon our eyes...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Text me yo
    Dude, I lost your number because my iCloud got restored so I lost everyone's contacts!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Hi.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    ... and then by Christmas time that year you were so over that phase that you were farming SL for rare xmas gifts for your friends, like meeeee!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Hi.
    daybid <3

Parth - I sent it to you on fb awhile ago right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Parth - I sent it to you on fb awhile ago right?
    Yeah, good luck with that... I sent him a friend request on fb about a YEAR ago... *sniffle sniffle* Oh, don't worry about it 'pollo... *sniffle sniffle* I'll get over it... :P
    Last edited by captaintuttle; 07-22-2013 at 12:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by captaintuttle View Post
    Yeah, good luck with that... I sent him a friend request on fb about a YEAR ago... *sniffle sniffle* Oh, don't worry about it 'pollo... *sniffle sniffle* I'll get over it... :P
    Name? Lol, I hardly ever check my FB(s).