Thread: If Nordr Jewel is better than Firesquid, then why .........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Question If Nordr Jewel is better than Firesquid, then why .........

We all know damage is priority for sorc next is DPS, so if nordr jewel(Damage) is better than firesquid(DPS), then why the former is so cheap?

I really cant understand the logic behind it, shouldnt be the 2nd high price weapon for sorc than firesquid which the price ranges to 9OOk to 1.5m.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I think it's because nordr jewel is easier to farm than firesquid.
    Iacito My guess: 2900

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Firesquid drops from Elite Skull Cove, which not many farm these days. It's not a pleasant map to run, and requires a good group with at least one good tank (preferably two). It's just not a map where PUGs are successful, thus it remains a relatively unfarmed map. This is one of those maps where all members will literally spam hundreds of pots before the end.

Most ventured into Elite Cove for the achievement, never to return again, so that is the reason why.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Firesquid does not drop from Skull Cove...Kraken Skewer does. I forget which dungeon Firesquid drops from, but it is in Kraken where as Nordr Jewel drops in Nordr. Since more players farm Nordr because it is the current expansion, there are many more Nordr Jewel drops, so more supply = lower price.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Firesquid drops from elite palm rock island, which is alot harder to farm than elite mount spyr.

To add to that, mount spyr boss alpha wolf used to be very easy to farm so many players looted nordr jewel untill they fixed boss.

And another reason is the elite nordr mines that made nordr jewel far less rare than firesquid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

There's another reason. Many (new) players see the high dps and think of it as the best Mage weapon xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Oh i see, i guess its a great opportunity for other mages to grab one especially those who cant afford mythic gun. But still firesquid shouldnt be that pricey even how difficult to farm it unless the demand is high.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

It shouldn't, and its price is confusing newer players (the costlier, the better the quality logic) but unless palm rock is seriously nerfed...there wont be a price increase as I see it.

Sent using clouds on a light blue sky.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Im no good at economics so correct me if im wrong. From what i understand in Law of supply & demand,

- if demand remains unchanged + supply increases= low price (this is for nordr jewel)
    - if demands remains unchanged + supply decreases= high price (this is for firesquid)

So in order to get back the original price of nordr jewel if there is an increase of demand.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Severac View Post
    Im no good at economics so correct me if im wrong. From what i understand in Law of supply & demand,

- if demand remains unchanged + supply increases= low price (this is for nordr jewel)
    - if demands remains unchanged + supply decreases= high price (this is for firesquid)

So in order to get back the original price of nordr jewel if there is an increase of demand.
    That pretty much some up the basics to what drives prices. There is another factor to consider is there is a few specialized mage builds based around fire squid.

A few examples I have seen is a more team base build using skills such as curse and the sorcerer uses their primary weapon more for their damage. In this case DPS will trump damage in a weapon.