Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Edited prior so you should be ok

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey guys, I'm very new to this game and I have decided to make a Dexmage. Could anybody tell me the build for it? So for I'm level 7 w/

My stats are 1 str, 33 dex, and 11 int with some items. Should I add more int or keep on going full dex from here? I also have a question regarding my weapons, what kind of weapons should I be using? Thanks for your support and help! Also if anybody is kind enough could you post a skill build for a dex mage? I wasn't too sure whether some skills should be added 5 into and some only 1 point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apolloco View Post
    Hey guys, I'm very new to this game and I have decided to make a Dexmage. Could anybody tell me the build for it? So for I'm level 7 w/

My stats are 1 str, 33 dex, and 11 int with some items. Should I add more int or keep on going full dex from here? I also have a question regarding my weapons, what kind of weapons should I be using? Thanks for your support and help! Also if anybody is kind enough could you post a skill build for a dex mage? I wasn't too sure whether some skills should be added 5 into and some only 1 point.
    If you are making a dex mage, go all dex.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What kind of weapons should I use? I'm level 7 right now and how should I level up my skills? It's at

at the moment. Should I need more int then just 11 int? Thanks. If anybody could tell me a good build for a dex mage I would appreciate it. I've only started but I wasn't sure if dex helps. I know that Royce stated earlier than dex improves your regular hit dmg and skill dmg. My lightning skill does so little dmg (around 80-100 dmg; same thing as 2 regular hits). Would str be good cause it increases base dmg and gives me hp?
    Last edited by Apolloco; 11-09-2010 at 07:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apolloco View Post
    What kind of weapons should I use? I'm level 7 right now and how should I level up my skills? It's at

at the moment. Should I need more int then just 11 int? Thanks. If anybody could tell me a good build for a dex mage I would appreciate it. I've only started but I wasn't sure if dex helps. I know that Royce stated earlier than dex improves your regular hit dmg and skill dmg. My lightning skill does so little dmg (around 80-100 dmg; same thing as 2 regular hits). Would str be good cause it increases base dmg and gives me hp?
    Dex is what you get the most benefit out of all the time, no matter what when it comes to damage. Dex increases both your base damage and your chance to crit. So over time, dex helps out the most. Don't put more points into STR or INT as when you get around level 30 you will start getting items that have + to mana per second so that will help you keep your mana up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    I think Dex mage is the most fun mainly because of the ranged weapon and high damage, but pally is fun just because you can be a bit more reckless with the higher survivability lol.

Edit: BTW I have the raw data on stay driven skills but just have yet to quantify it because the results were so disappointing. H
    igher damage skills get more benefit than low damage skills, but even the highest damage skills get only about 1 max damage and 1/2 min damage per 3 Int. So for Int you may have a slight advantage with max damage of a couple skills but lower damage skills are better served by Dex, and all skills are affected by crit so overall, I really think unless you are mainly concerned with heal strength, Dex is the clear winner (as usual).
    Without bothering you with noobs questions, is there a place where i can Read about These stat driven skills ? All of this Sounds like Chinese to me, but i believe there must be some Doc somewhere ... Thx !
    - Lapinsalinge - Lvl 48 Mage
    - Guilomtel - Lvl 23 Archer

"For Glory and Popcorn !"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hate repeating a question but I am really curious so what kind of weapons should I be using on my dex mage and what kind of skilling order should I be following?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Haha he quoted my quote xDD thanks jonboy