Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Converting Pally to DexMage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Converting Pally to DexMage

Do I go for full Dex or Dex & Str/Int?

Any DexPlayer interested in converting to Str I have the following items to trade:

Overlord Helm of Rift, Power Armor of Rift & Mega Blaster of Void (im sure u can use this to get Zuraz Lance & Force Kite Rift)
    Last edited by shinhwakid; 10-23-2010 at 07:20 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

This is me, I'd go enough dex to use gear, then probably all int. But I've seen some go str afterwards. So I'm not really sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

yea there are two builds. all dex to take advantage of weapon power or rest in int to take advantage of skill power.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    This is me, I'd go enough dex to use gear, then probably all int. But I've seen some go str afterwards. So I'm not really sure.
    Thanks! Do you mind letting me know the gears you using and how much is your Dodge & Armor without buff?? and do you die offen when kill AO3 bosses in Victory Lap?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    yea there are two builds. all dex to take advantage of weapon power or rest in int to take advantage of skill power.
    Hey thx. You personally go for which build? if full dex, can you let me know the e same questions which I asked Elly?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

i am using the one with a little bit of int in there... honestly doesnt matter as much as you think :/

as for dodge... depends on your gear. same with armor. i just like how i get +50% crit to use with fast weapons from the self buff
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Guys just FYI, more Dex is not just more weapon damage, it's more base damage. Base damage affects skill damage, and crit also affects skill damage. The Dex damage advantage actually outweighs stat driven skills, so increasing Dex will increase your skill damage more (through base damage) than increasing Int will (through stat driven skills). The only reason to go with Int is stronger heals and a slightly larger mana pool, pure Dex actually gives the best skill damage. And do not ever, under any circumstances put Str on an enchantress unless it's to meet gear requirements as a pally.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    Guys just FYI, more Dex is not just more weapon damage, it's more base damage. Base damage affects skill damage, and crit also affects skill damage. The Dex damage advantage actually outweighs stat driven skills, so increasing Dex will increase your skill damage more (through base damage) than increasing Int will (through stat driven skills). The only reason to go with Int is stronger heals and a slightly larger mana pool, pure Dex actually gives the best skill damage. And do not ever, under any circumstances put Str on an enchantress unless it's to meet gear requirements as a pally.
    awww... I shall go for full Dex then. Thx Royce.

So Royce, after playing pally and Dexmage, which you think is more fun and why?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinhwakid View Post
    awww... I shall go for full Dex then. Thx Royce.

So Royce, after playing pally and Dexmage, which you think is more fun and why?
    I think Dex mage is the most fun mainly because of the ranged weapon and high damage, but pally is fun just because you can be a bit more reckless with the higher survivability lol.

Edit: BTW I have the raw data on stay driven skills but just have yet to quantify it because the results were so disappointing. Higher damage skills get more benefit than low damage skills, but even the highest damage skills get only about 1 max damage and 1/2 min damage per 3 Int. So for Int you may have a slight advantage with max damage of a couple skills but lower damage skills are better served by Dex, and all skills are affected by crit so overall, I really think unless you are mainly concerned with heal strength, Dex is the clear winner (as usual).
    Last edited by Royce; 10-23-2010 at 10:10 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anyone can tell me e market price for below items:
    1. Wraith Armor of the Void
    2. Force Wing of the Void
    3. Any Helm of the Void (since its same stat)
    4. Laser Talon of the Void

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[QUOTE=Royce;105917]I think Dex mage is the most fun mainly because of the ranged weapon and high damage, but pally is fun just because you can be a bit more reckless with the higher survivability lol.

lol i see =). i know keeper & lord surely need tank pot to suvive, but will you die just a single hit on weaker boss? cuz mage suppose to rez, i dun wanna defeat the purpose of being a mage lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

lol i see =). i know keeper & lord surely need tank pot to suvive, but will you die just a single hit on weaker boss? cuz mage suppose to rez, i dun wanna defeat the purpose of being a mage lol.
    You will have to play more carefully, but as a Dex Mage you can stand back a bit more than with a pally, an you'll at least have a bit better survivability than an Int mage. But yeah, even the weaker bosses can potentially 1-shot crit an unbuffed Int or Dex mage, so you can't play the same way you might with a pally.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think Dex mage is the most fun mainly because of the ranged weapon and high damage, but pally is fun just because you can be a bit more reckless with the higher survivability lol.

Edit: BTW I have the raw data on stay driven skills but just have yet to quantify it because the results were so disappointing. Higher damage skills get more benefit than low damage skills, but even the highest damage skills get only about 1 max damage and 1/2 min damage per 3 Int. So for Int you may have a slight advantage with max damage of a couple skills but lower damage skills are better served by Dex, and all skills are affected by crit so overall, I really think unless you are mainly concerned with heal strength, Dex is the clear winner (as usual).
    I only hav 22 int now as a pally, if I change to dex and leave int as 7 will it make a big different for heal str??

Wow Royce, how much time you spending to know all this stuff haha. You are like PL professor who know almost everything lol. You seriously tempting me to faster convert to full Dexmage... haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I only hav 22 int now as a pally, if I change to dex and leave int as 7 will it make a big different for heal str??
    No, it shouldn't be noticeable. Changing Int by 15 will mean your heals will have a min heal of 2.5 less and max heal of 5 less I believe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No, it shouldn't be noticeable. Changing Int by 15 will mean your heals will have a min heal of 2.5 less and max heal of 5 less I believe.
    Well then I have nothing to worry except hoping i wont spent every dime on pots trying to keep myself alive lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Bugger, just when I get a handle on the meta-game royce exposes more, so now my unbuffed needs fixing, if all that int is going to waste.
    Str 158
    Dex 26
    Int 71

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Just a quick question.

When you add enough dex for gear, and all the rest into int. That amount of points you put into int vs the amount of points you put into dex, does it equate to a very noticable difference in damage? Because more int also means a stronger mana shield right?

How about if all your after is PvE? Dex-int definitely?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well I was working on the believe that through the stat skill system, that it was best to after your 158 str use dex to get hit to 100% and the rest into int, the last part being done geared to use any +hit% into the equation, royces latest data seems to suggest that you get more from just throughong it all into dex anyone going to spend a respec on a testing this with destiny set and harpoon. Will report back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

@Elly, if your going for damage from your weapon then all into dex, though mana might be a prob, not up with the m/s for dex gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy View Post
    @Elly, if your going for damage from your weapon then all into dex, though mana might be a prob, not up with the m/s for dex gear.
    Damage would be good, but assuming we have a good group going (Complete with bird and bears), I'm just after a dex mage for these main reasons:

1. Added - armor debuff for faster damage for group

2. 2nd to dex bird in damage (I think?)

3. Heals and res

So I'm thinking a dex-int mage would do good?