Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Mythic Pet (no plat required)......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default New Mythic Pet (no plat required)......

I suggest an idea for a new mythic pet that is purchased exclusively with story tokens, but requires 800 tokens. That means you have to do the bards quests (all 4 of them) for 200 days in order to get this pet. That's 6+ months.

I think it was tons of fun when we were all working hard towards getting colton during seasons 1 & 2. It was fun because nobody had an advantage no matter how rich or how good your gear was. The only advantage was those who spent the time, played every day, and perhaps those who started playing earlier.

This would give a chance for any player to get the mythic achievement without getting lucky with crates/chests, and without spending 250 plat for a mythic pet. But they would have to be a very dedicated player. Also, the egg could be sold, so someone who is a very dedicated player could also work very hard, and then sell the egg for a very nice profit. I'd imagine it would go for less than an Arcane egg, but much more than the best legendary eggs -- perhaps somewhere in the 5-8m range. This would give a chance to anyone to make someone serious gold without having to gamble or get lucky. It's just hard work over the long haul.

And to make this a bit more of a challenge as well, I suggest the bards quests should scale to level like Hauntlet does. Not so that it's impossible to do, but just so it's not a walk in the park where you just run over the mobs and kill the boss in 3 hits. Make it more of a challenge.

Anyone like this idea?
    Last edited by Energizeric; 07-21-2013 at 03:37 AM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Not agree, so you have brand new pets on store which you can afford six month later?

And 250 plats for sts revenue, don't think they will make it free

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

I do!

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

Prepare yarr selves to beee doomed by the faaaarrrttt gun!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

screw that, I haven't done story quest in ages

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Wouldn't happen either way but haunt coins would be a better choice
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

200 days for what?.. so there will be again players that will do token quests with their 20 toons and sell to new players for 40 millions. I vote NO

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Lol @ everyone complaining. I'd rather do 2min quests for 200 days and make 40m than farm and merch and get zip!

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Only if it they make it possible to earn more than 4 coins per day (omit Shaz). And only if the new mythic pet doesn't get the same treatment as Colton - who's buff range is still way too small (and has never been changed even after several complaints).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    Wouldn't happen either way but haunt coins would be a better choice
    Hauntlet coins would allow you to get it in 1 day if you spent a lot of time. The idea is for it to take a long time and not be possible to get quickly.

Guys, remember that this pet would not be a requirement for anyone. It won't have a specific achievement, nor will it have stats better than any other mythic pet. It will just be another option for players who have no plat but would like to be able to get a mythic pet, and of course the mythic achievement that most of us already have would be granted as well.

Regarding the comment that people would do it with 20 toons, here are my thoughts on that.... It takes me 5-6 minutes to do all 4 bards quests with my level 31 full mythic mage. I'd imagine it will take longer with lesser equipment or lower level toons. So to do all 4 quests every day with 20 toons would take a couple of hours. And they would have to do that every day for half a year. So if someone wants to spend 6 months spending 2 hours per day doing bards quests, then all the power to them LOL. Sounds like a pretty pitiful existence for 6 months though. I doubt anyone is going to do that.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 07-21-2013 at 02:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tramtamtam View Post
    200 days for what?.. so there will be again players that will do token quests with their 20 toons and sell to new players for 40 millions. I vote NO
    You have to unlock all the bards meaning you can't just create a new toon and do bard quests, Gf.
    Very nice idea Energizeric! Al though I doubt it will be implemented, nice idea nonetheless!
    ~glitch.
    Don't Forget To Read The Terms of Service Here
    Check Out Doc's Amazing AL Timeline Right Here
    Or, Click Here To Win 30 Platinum For Free!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

basicly he want to say
    "I have lots of story tokens, and i hope i can make lots of money from it"

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jetzzz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Hauntlet coins would allow you to get it in 1 day if you spent a lot of time. The idea is for it to take a long time and not be possible to get quickly.

Guys, remember that this pet would not be a requirement for anyone. It won't have a specific achievement, nor will it have stats better than any other mythic pet. It will just be another option for players who have no plat but would like to be able to get a mythic pet, and of course the mythic achievement that most of us already have would be granted as well.

Regarding the comment that people would do it with 20 toons, here are my thoughts on that.... It takes me 5-6 minutes to do all 4 bards quests with my level 31 full mythic mage. I'd imagine it will take longer with lesser equipment or lower level toons. So to do all 4 quests every day with 20 toons would take a couple of hours. And they would have to do that every day for half a year. So if someone wants to spend 6 months spending 2 hours per day doing bards quests, then all the power to them LOL. Sounds like a pretty pitiful existence for 6 months though. I doubt anyone is going to do that.
    One thing that just came to mind (which I think you'll agree with) is that mythic pets are a major source of income for STS. Having a free one wouldn't be very beneficial for their profit margins. Of course, I would love to have a free (no real money/plat) mythic pet. But based on the way STS operates, I'm not very optimistic.

It's a good idea, though. I am simply hoping for a new pet, any pet, from bard story tokens this upcoming expansion. Hauntlet as well (release Lower Hauntlet already!).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I like this idea to offer a mythic pet for the hardworkers and not only for plat users, it will be fair for everyone but 800 is too much, we should make tokens tradeable per 50 or 100 coins

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    One thing that just came to mind (which I think you'll agree with) is that mythic pets are a major source of income for STS. Having a free one wouldn't be very beneficial for their profit margins. Of course, I would love to have a free (no real money/plat) mythic pet. But based on the way STS operates, I'm not very optimistic.

It's a good idea, though. I am simply hoping for a new pet, any pet, from bard story tokens this upcoming expansion. Hauntlet as well (release Lower Hauntlet already!).
    I don't think STS would lose any revenue from this. Most of the big plat spenders don't just want one mythic pet anyway. For example, I have both slag and ripmaw, and if they come out with another mythic pet I will probably get that one too.

Keep in mind one other thing...... The mythic achievement would only be granted if you hatch the egg. So this will give a chance to players who don't have any plat to get mythic achievement. Currently the only way for them to get this achievement would be to open large numbers of Elite Golden Chests hoping to loot a mythic item. Now they would have a way to do this without relying on luck -- something which you can do for arcane achievement (buying an arcane egg and opening it), but for which there is no way to do for the mythic achievement. This would add that option.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Bards quests now are boring (after collecting colton), not challenging and not rewarding for high level toons.. I like to see them improved (option to increase difficulty and reward?).. giving more pets is ok, but not one that require 200 days to complete.. 500 coins seems more accurate (you pay 90plats for legendary and 250 for mythic pet now) but only if you can do it withing max two months..
    If STS would add some chance for optional elite boss to spawn there (like Bael) I would start doing them again because that could be a challenge at least..
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=88929&dateline=136981  8890
    Signature created by marshmallow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tramtamtam View Post
    This exploiting technique will occur regardless what happens.

This is indeed a great idea. It won't make a harm to sts revenue on other mythic pet. It will give dedicated non plat player an absolute chance to earn at least 1 mythic in this game. Also I think making an arcane pet for maybe 3k story token is also great. It will be almost impossible to get unless you're really dedicated to this game. It won't harm the economy at all because of the ridiculous amount of story tokens needed.

I disagree with the tradeable option for story tokens. This is against what OP said in the first place. We want a reward for free player as well. We don't ask much, just a mythic/arcane in our lifetime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Obi View Post
    Bards quests now are boring (after collecting colton), not challenging and not rewarding for high level toons.. I like to see them improved (option to increase difficulty and reward?)
    Notice I said this in my original post:

And to make this a bit more of a challenge as well, I suggest the bards quests should scale to level like Hauntlet does. Not so that it's impossible to do, but just so it's not a walk in the park where you just run over the mobs and kill the boss in 3 hits. Make it more of a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Obi View Post
    If STS would add some chance for optional elite boss to spawn there (like Bael) I would start doing them again because that could be a challenge at least..
    Yes, that would be cool. But obviously the boss could not be as hard since you don't have a full party with you and you would have to be able to solo this boss. But yes, it should be hard enough that the average player should struggle to win the fight. But yes, this is a great idea and would further encourage people to do these quests.

Or maybe they should just add a new bard to the new town in the next expansion, and that quest is much harder and scaled to level 36.... This bard would give "mythic story tokens", and you need 100 of them to get the new mythic pet. So one each day, and you get 100 after 100 days of doing the quest. Then you sometimes get an elite boss thrown in there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

If you could buy it for 25000k, then maybe yes but not 800 Tokens. That means I wouldn't be sleeping for a whole month!
    AL: Mfkaz - Level 31 (Warrior) l Megan Fox <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MfKaz View Post
    If you could buy it for 25000k, then maybe yes but not 800 Tokens. That means I wouldn't be sleeping for a whole month!
    You would be able to buy it for whatever other players chose to sell it for. That would be up to them. And why wouldn't you be sleeping? The most bards quests you can do in one day is 4, and it only takes about 5 minutes to do them leaving plenty of time for you to sleep.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Love the idea. Would also give me incentive to run bards more. +1