Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Low Level PvP VS. High Level PvP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Low Level PvP VS. High Level PvP

I was in an argument with a friend about which is better: High Lvl pvp, or low lvl.

I said high level. He says low lvl. He said low level pvp'ers are rich. I said high level pvp'ers are skilled. Needless to say, we aren't friends anymore.

But anyways, onto the actual thread. I have played High lvl pvp. I have played low lvl pvp. I have played mid level pvp. The difference between high level pvp and low-mid lvl pvp.... FBOWS!!!!

I have played since long before FBow's existed. And I remember when low level pvp was fun. I also remember a time when the majority of players didn't spec stats to dex to be able to use FBows >.<

High level pvp, you see a LOT more people using their classes natural stat. More mages use int. more bears use STR. Birds still use dex.

But seriously.... Are FBow's REALLY that good? That they have to change the entire game? I mean, instead of Voodoo set mages, we have voodoo armor and helm, with an fbow, mages. Really??? This kind of thing frustrates me. Why has the game mechanics changed so much over a single weapon? End game players, they don't do that. Obviously, you have warbirds, dex bears, and palli's, but the thing about them.... they ALL have half and half. Or usually. But low level, a dex bear is completely different from an end game dex bear. end game is half STR, half Dex. Low level, it's ALL dex. just for the ability to use an FBow.

I made a bear recently. Level 10 twink. And guess what? It's more closer to the old lvl 10 twink bear than this new crap. Using a duckfoot, lvl 5 armsman armor, 6 rage, and 3 stomp. and ya know what? I can rage, auto, stomp and kill anything using anything. Except for the fact that.... FBow's turn on the auto and kill me before I can stomp.

But anyways.... I ramble and carry on too much. But another thing to bring up before I close out this thread.... Do the people working for gold to low lvl pvp work harder, or do the ppl working for end game, to play with skill (and then work on the skill) work harder?

So, now the thread is closed. I would like your guys' opinion.... Is low level pvp better, or high level? Which works harder for what they are and do?

/endrantandstuff
    Drianikaben lvl 75 Enchantress (PvE)
    Perintokon Lvl 69 Enchantress (PvP)

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

I used to like low level PvP until I started the higher levels.
    Higher levels tend to be more balanced and dosen't have a OP weapon such as a forgotten bow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Endgame Is Mature, and absolutely better then low level.
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

IMO low level pvp is bit boring to me, and less challenging than higher level pvp on the other hand higher level pvp is fast paced.

now what I'm gonna say may seems to be bit rude but its fact that low level pvp specially very low level pvp depends more on builds etc but depends less on skills (not the classs skills I talked about), actually its all about utilizing the class benefits and 'op' maxed point skills.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by legendfb
    IMO low level pvp is bit boring to me, and less challenging than higher level pvp on the other hand higher level pvp is fast paced.

now what I'm gonna say may seems to be bit rude but its fact that low level pvp specially very low level pvp depends more on builds etc but depends less on skills (not the classs skills I talked about), actually its all about utilizing the class benefits and 'op' maxed point skills.
    I was thinking the same thing. I believe that 20-35 pre-forg actually WAS a ton of fun, and I could see me liking it better than 50-66. I just believe that I would rather play on my 50, 66, 70, etc. now because forg has made it that a complete newbie can kill you 10-0. When I had to respec my 26 Mage for an Fbow, it was completely different and alot more difficult to me. I was used to more armor, and a wand. I always kited, and with an Fbow, you can definitely not kite, because mages now can nuke in two seconds. Anyways, I would vote high level because its just alot more fun, with more tourneys and mature players.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Trenton For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Fbow is OP, but I don't think it entirely ruins the competition down here (I do 15-20). And while it is true that some of the players are immature, the ones at 20 are actually pretty cool. As for upper level...my experience has been mixed. There actually seems to be LESS variety in gear and skill builds above 50ish than there is at 20. And to those of you who say there is little skill involved in low level, I would suggest trying talon bear and 15/20 paw mage. Yes, birds are very OP due to high dodge and fbows, but things aren't quite as unbalanced as everyone seems to believe.
    Blastyou - Bearconator - Cptchicken - Foxgonewild
    Casualpvp - Bgame - Angerissues - Gorgons - Worstbear - Casualsniper - Beginnersluck - Talonbehr

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blastyou View Post
    Fbow is OP, but I don't think it entirely ruins the competition down here (I do 15-20). And while it is true that some of the players are immature, the ones at 20 are actually pretty cool. As for upper level...my experience has been mixed. There actually seems to be LESS variety in gear and skill builds above 50ish than there is at 20. And to those of you who say there is little skill involved in low level, I would suggest trying talon bear and 15/20 paw mage. Yes, birds are very OP due to high dodge and fbows, but things aren't quite as unbalanced as everyone seems to believe.
    Higher level has a lower variety of gear? Wut? L5-27 uses either armsman, or expert/artisan, any dex helm, and an Fbow, or op Halloween item/talon. L50 has death, shadow, hate, rift, cosmos, void, and cyber. L51 has tons of types of noob items that are actually good, such as drainers. L51-L55 has raid, mm, ff, crafted versions, rs, etc. L56 has glyph, and the nub items that you can still kill with. It just keeps going on and on with the "variety" as higher levels have a better selection.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Trenton is right about the variety part. Level 50-61 pvp every single item that drops in maps are good in pvp. Low levels you NEED to have a forgotten or Halloween item to win.
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Notyocookiez
    Trenton is right about the variety part. Level 50-61 pvp every single item that drops in maps are good in pvp. Low levels you NEED to have a forgotten or Halloween item to win.
    SV agreed with me. <3

Oh ya

Hai der Stalking Victim

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I see your point about lvl 50 and sewer gear, but I feel like 56+ it's expected that you have a specific set of gear (obe/charmin/bigtop/sm at 56, same or demonic at 60, etc.). I'm not sure how viable lesser pinks would actually be in PvP at these levels, but I doubt they would hold up very well.
    Casualpvp - Bgame - Angerissues - Gorgons - Worstbear - Casualsniper - Beginnersluck - Talonbehr

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blastyou
    I see your point about lvl 50 and sewer gear, but I feel like 56+ it's expected that you have a specific set of gear (obe/charmin/bigtop/sm at 56, same or demonic at 60, etc.). I'm not sure how viable lesser pinks would actually be in PvP at these levels, but I doubt they would hold up very well.
    It's the same thing with low level. If you don't have an Fbow/Halloween, you won't win against them except with a little luck. Same with L60 etc. Using mimicry bow, drainer armor and drainer helm you can kill a demonic, just because you dodge good. It's just the fact of no one has anything different at low level, it's all experts and Fbow, experts and Fbow, armsman and Fbow. At least you see some good pallies, warbirds etc. at high levels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Tough question: immaturity vs boredom

Then again, low level is also very boring and 56 has a lot of rude, immature people.

Answer: both suck

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Level 15 mage vs mage is probably the most fun class that anybody could ever do. You have to adapt your build to the other persons, change your combo up every so often, and waste a lot of plat finding a build to fit you. The fun part is in that not one build is the "Best" build, unlike other classes where there is actually a pretty set "best build"

Senior Member Fallen_Chisk_Angels's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

i didn't pvp at low level when Fbows didn't exist but i wish i did because people make it sound really fun... I did pvp at L15-20 with a Fbow bird and it really wasn't much of a challenge to get above a 2.0 kdr.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen_Chisk_Angels View Post
    i didn't pvp at low level when Fbows didn't exist but i wish i did because people make it sound really fun... I did pvp at L15-20 with a Fbow bird and it really wasn't much of a challenge to get above a 2.0 kdr.
    For me, it's mainly mage before buffs that was truly "fun" or "challenging", for bears and birds, there's a set pattern you have to do to actually be successful...
    Anyway the PvP isn't so different...
    It's the same for you endgame peoples, it's all about the range here and it's mostly about the range there it seems. It's just the way you enjoy gaming, do you like the thrill of the smack, and laughing at stupid kids, or do you enjoy the presence of mature (or seemingly so) people?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In low level pvp if you don't have a forgotten bow your dead. It has completely changed the way low level pvp is played today

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Look, the variety argument is invalid. Sure, in 10-26 PvP you basically need a Forg or H'ween, but I know that in 30-35 PvP at least, you can viably use normal pinks and still win. Not to mention that low level PvP takes a lot more knowledge of how stats and abilities work, and there's lots of different ways to play a class.

I like 50-55 PvP, I really do. It's balanced and there's plenty of ways to play (meaning gear changes namely), but realistically builds generally look the same, and gameplay is also the same across gear. I wouldn't play a pure int Mage any different than I play my Death Mage. Only difference is that I don't have much auto attack damage. The thing is that on a 35 Mage, I can choose abilities that I like, to play in different ways. Kiting and damage isn't one in the same, as it is past level 40. You have to sacrifice points in heal for damage, and you can move your damage around. You can also viably be dex, int, or str (as you can in 50-55) with multitudes of different sets.

The question of endgame vs twinking is an easy difference. Twinking requires both knowledge and skill. Endgame simply requires money and some basic class knowledge and ability. Where's the skill required in hitting 500 with every ability?
    Last edited by Zapoke; 07-24-2013 at 08:47 PM.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zapoke For This Useful Post:

Senior Member Fallen_Chisk_Angels's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by loliamsocool View Post
    For me, it's mainly mage before buffs that was truly "fun" or "challenging", for bears and birds, there's a set pattern you have to do to actually be successful...
    Anyway the PvP isn't so different...
    It's the same for you endgame peoples, it's all about the range here and it's mostly about the range there it seems. It's just the way you enjoy gaming, do you like the thrill of the smack, and laughing at stupid kids, or do you enjoy the presence of mature (or seemingly so) people?
    yeah i was going to try out a 15 mage, but unfortunatly i have lost a lot of free time ever sence i joined a soccer club, but ill be sure to try a mage out soon just for the challenge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McMaximusMax View Post
    In low level pvp if you don't have a forgotten bow your dead. It has completely changed the way low level pvp is played today
    Not entirely true; my 20 talon bear can beat all but the best fbow users at that level. The real issue is that new players don't even TRY fighting without fbows; they either assume it's impossible or give it a shot once or twice before returning to their shiny OP bow. I think if people worried a bit less about the numbers on their profile and a bit more about increasing their skills with different weapons, we would have much less of a problem with fbows. Yes, they're extremely overpowered, but they aren't the end of the world. Most people will fight you with your weapon of choice (talon, paw, xbow, etc); only the really new players will insist on an fbow fight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zapoke View Post
    Look, the variety argument is invalid. Sure, in 10-26 PvP you basically need a Forg or H'ween, but I know that in 30-35 PvP at least, you can viably use normal pinks and still win. Not to mention that low level PvP takes a lot more knowledge of how stats and abilities work, and there's lots of different ways to play a class.

I like 50-55 PvP, I really do. It's balanced and there's plenty of ways to play (meaning gear changes namely), but realistically builds generally look the same, and gameplay is also the same across gear. I wouldn't play a pure int Mage any different than I play my Death Mage. Only difference is that I don't have much auto attack damage. The thing is that on a 35 Mage, I can choose abilities that I like, to play in different ways. Kiting and damage isn't one in the same, as it is past level 40. You have to sacrifice points in heal for damage, and you can move your damage around. You can also viably be dex, int, or str (as you can in 50-55) with multitudes of different sets.

The question of endgame vs twinking is an easy difference. Twinking requires both knowledge and skill. Endgame simply requires money and some basic class knowledge and ability. Where's the skill required in hitting 500 with every ability?
    Yes, you summed up my feelings and formed them into a more anti-endgame stance, well put anyway. However, I still think that once mage gets buffs, it's basically not as fun anymore. You should do 15 mage PvP, it truly is the best pvp level for mage vs mage. Especially since the points you made for low level twinking are the ones that level 15 maximizes most. Come down and play here, lol.