Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Rockin Retro Gear Contest - ENTER HERE!

Foreverloveus

ign: Pvpandctf
    helm: Cyber skull of the void
    weapon: Underling's gemstone recurve
    armor: Mystery armor of the ancients
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1177
Size:  196.7 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

IGN: bassobuffo
    Mystery Set

I always liked this set because it was my first "sparkling" set and it was a fun quest to complete. I think there should be more challenging quest sets. When I say challenging I don't mean long like the cyber quest but more difficult bosses perhaps.

Last edited by Basso Buffo; 07-27-2013 at 09:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

• IGN: Orsimer
    • Name of item(s): L55 Mega Mage's Gemstone Cowl, Dreamer's Earthquake Wraps, & Staff of the Trickster.
    • Helmet Item Name: L55 Mega Mage's Gemstone Cowl
    • Armor Item Name: Dreamer's Earthquake Wraps
    • Weapon Item Name: Staff of the Trickster
    • Description as to why: Well, I'll go item by item. I chose the crown (cowl) because it reminds me of sewers. I've always loved the look and wondered why bears and birds (the normally male characters) get manly crowns (vanity), but the mages (typically female) don't get anything pretty. I would love to see this in different shades and gem styles (bronze, gold, silver, etc. / sapphire, emerald, ruby, diamond, etc.). Next is the robes. For being a unisex item, I really like the look of the armor build/decoration; but I've always kinda thought that it lacked color. That's why I'd like to see colored variations (or whatever you guys are thinking) of the armor itself. It brings me back to Sand Cave days when the drop rates fluctuated everyday and you could farm your heart out with your friends and their twinks. Last, but most definitely not least: the staff. It appears the staff has a ice staff stock, but displays a beautiful floating gem. I know that this is a limited edition item from the release of the Avengers premier movie, but I've always kinda wanted to see a red edition or a black edition. The staff itself is breathtaking and I always get asked what it is when I wear it; too bad there are so few. In all, I think these retro items would be awesome to see popular again in the game. They are all very dear to me and are truly awesome items!

~ WE

*note: not sure if you wanted the names for the new items that will be created or the items in the picture, but it can be changed. Good luck everyone!
    Last edited by WoundedEagle; 07-28-2013 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Added "Name of item(s)" section

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

IGN: Hahahahabirdy

Weapon:
    Current name: Conqueror's Battle Sword
    New name: Faded Battle Sword of Gloom

Helmet:
    Current name: Burglar's Dark Avenger Cap
    New name: Stygian Cavalier of the Unknown

Armor:
    Current name: Rainbow Robes of Albert
    New name: Radiant Robes of Illusion

The Conqueror's Battle Sword has a color seen in very few weapons in PL. Its coloration and design are what made me want to have this weapon remade and reintroduced.
    The Dark Avenger Cap has one of the best designs for helmets in the game and is quite different from the other helms around it.
    The Rainbow Robes are not often seen despite being one of the more interesting armors, and I wouldn't mind seeing it more often.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hahahahabirdy For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

IGN: Surgery
    Helm Name: Mynas Helmet of Isis

Armor Name: Orlok's Chiroptera Plate

Weapon Name: Gurgox Hammer of the Rift

All items together now:

Reasoning: Mynas Helmet of Isis- I thought this helm was cool, as it's an animal on top of your head! It sort of seems like, as a bear, you scalped someone and are wearing it as a "prize." It just seems an awesome helmet to be a vanity. Orlok's Chiroptera Plate- I chose this simply because of the awesome pattern. Given a different color, and a glow, it would be totally sick. Gurgox Hammer- Everyone loves the Gurgox Hammer. It's an amazing weapon, if it was available as 1H it'd be SICK but I'd be content with 2H The "myth" of the 1H Gurgox Hammer is something everyone likes talking about, (I think anyways >.>) and it'd bring back memories and be super fun!
    Last edited by Trenton; 07-29-2013 at 01:12 AM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trenton For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

IGN: Alalakcity
    Helm: Conqueror's Onyx Helmet
    Armor: Guardian's Armor Of Hate
    Weapon: Shadow Hax Of Hate
    Shield: Demonic Glyph Shield (i can't buy this one )

Description: I love Black and i think the coolest color for "retro" gear must have black color. so this is from me Black and Shadow a perfectly combined Set which make me amazed, and for this helmet have elegant design like a crown but come from dark side, also the shield have a unique logo which make this set more interesting more Rockin and also have a retro Style.
    Name:  2ur8cy8.png
Views: 758
Size:  176.3 KB
    Alalakcity Level 76 bear

proud Member of <United Of Indonesia>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Name of your character in-game:

Noodleleg

Name of the item(s):

Cyber gears (dex, str, and int)

Helmet Item Name:

Cyber helmet (void, rift, and cosmos)

Armor Item Name:

Cyber armor (void, rift, and cosmos)

Weapon Item Name:

Cyber weapons (wing, staff, blaster, etc.) [Shield slot: Maybe a new version of the hardlight shield / crimson holoshield... Maybe emerald lightning shield or something like that? ^_^]

Brief description why you think these items are the best Rockin' Retro Gear to be made into new versions.

Let's be honest guys... Cyber is by far THE BEST lookin' armor set(s) in the game. Not only is it prestigious and brag-worthy, it also "shines bright like a diamond" -Rihanna voice- and looks beast. Who wouldn't want powerful alien-tech / ancient gear? It would be awesome to see them either be recolored, scaled to higher levels, have new quests to go along with them (moar grinding) etc. The cyber quests have got to be one of the hardest quests out there, but the reward is definitely worth it. Anyways... An Alien Oasis Part IV would be beast !

My cyber bear with some tweaks :

The cyber-ghost is feeling lonely! He misses people handing him in totems!:

Pew pew!:
    Last edited by Noodleleg; 07-26-2013 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Some consistency issues :P...

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

The complete outfit!

Character Name: Zeus

Weapon: Thunder Hammer

Armor: Sniper's Bone Tunic

Helm: Silver Ominpotent Crown of Dreams

Shield: Former PvP Champion Shield (can be substituted with Hardlight shield if too much controversy arises)

Set Bonus: Blue Sparkles/Electricity to compliment the blue color of the eyes and electricity of the almighty hammer!

Description: What is more cool then going all silver!? Silver and Gold are the most exclusive metals in real life, so as a reference, wouldn't anybody want to be dressed up like somebody who looks brutal? This, IMO, would be intimidating versus anybody in PvP/PvE. Think about it: a hammer crackling with electricity capable of stunning it's opponents due to the intensity of the current! Or strengthened silver with armor so powerful that it does not dent easily? Surely this has to be anybody's dream armor! This gear is retro, yes, but it is insanely retro as not many have it! In my opinion, due to this, players should have a chance of obtaining it!

For an set-up like this, it cannot be made common either! It should be elite!
    Last edited by Zeus; 07-26-2013 at 10:27 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

IGN - Rot (Forerun in the pictures except for the last one)

Name:  Retro1.png
Views: 845
Size:  280.4 KB

(Weapon and Armor)

Name:  Retro2.png
Views: 718
Size:  269.4 KB

(Helm)

Name:  Retro3.png
Views: 593
Size:  76.3 KB

(Shield)

Name of the items:

Helm - Skull Helm of Dexterity
    Armor - Artisans Reinforced Leather
    Weapon - Merry Toy Man Wand
    Shield - Red Holoshield

Brief description why I think these items are the best Rockin' Retro Gear to be made into new versions :

Helm - Skulls are cool, who doesn't like skulls? Make some colored skulls or something!
    Armor - Would be cool if Artisan or Expert's recolored. For example, Artisan in blue color with blue sparkles! Woot!
    Weapon - Toyman! One of the oldest and best-looking weapons in-game. Would be really cool if you make something like a Toyman sword!
    Shield - Why isn't Holoshield available anymore? :'( Remake it into a square or rectangular Holoshield maybe?

Credits to the anon for letting me stalk her and sneakily taking a picture of her Holoshield! :3

I Bes Behr : The Guide
    PL-Demon, Warrior, Behr, Light, Rot, Eat, Bank, Bracelet, Icasthard, Forerun, Embarrass

AL-Rot, Compose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Ign Oanaebar
    Vanity helm-icy rabbit ears 2013
    Helm melodic helm of obedience
    Armor-shivering frozen yeti armor
    Weapon-shivering ice auto-bow
    I like the melodic helmet because it gives a sparkle and I've always liked the ice gear because its got some power into it but what I really like about it is that the weapon freezes the enemies so they can't move (which in my opinion is awesome!) going back to the past when I first started PL when I got to level 30 and started using ice gear I used them until I was level 40 (without ears) cause I really like them I still even have the same ice stuff I had a year ago. I like the shivering armor because it gives that aura or whatever you would call it which is sweet and the weapon is always dripping with water makes it amazing! Thank you all for reading this post!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

That's the bow I have, it's my favorite!

Item(weapon): Jeweled Bow of Evasion- Old common rarity weapon with an astoundingly unique look
    -idea for remake: add a glowing effect to the center and flames coming out of the bow as well
    Attachment 35653

Edited in quote so you might have an idea of what I'm talking about
    Last edited by Avadonna; 07-26-2013 at 11:27 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8799&dateline=1275592  200
    ♪♫♬signature by Rebel♬♫♪

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

I <3 Christmas

IGN: Kixxler

Names of items/vanities:

Helm: Frosty 'Nog
    Weapon: Merry Toy Man Wand
    Armor: Festive Festival Leather
    Shield: Winter 2012 Pretty Present

Description:

My favorite part of Pocket Legends is and always will be the Winter Fest Events. Having an outfit comprised of only Christmas-y items is the coolest thing eveeeeeeeeeerrrrrr, imo. I have many fond memories of farming in the Toy Factory and praying for pinks and purples, and this has been a tradition for me since the inaugural winter festival of 2010. Christmas is by far my favorite holiday and I am a fanatic of Christmas both in and outside of the game. My house is always the most nicely decorated one on the block, and I usually blow all my plat when Winter Fest comes around. It just shows you how obsessed I am with Christmas. If you guys put more effort into making the Christmas event awesome, it would make the game 10x better for me, period.

Ideas for Items:

Vanity Helmet: I've always liked the concept of taking bad guys' heads in PL maps and making them into vanities. The Zombie Head, Pumpkin Head, and the Frosty 'Nog are all great examples of this idea. Maybe next time Winter Fest is here, we could take the Toy Man's head or the head of an elf and make that into a vanity. I would be first in line to purchase that anyday.

Weapon: Even though the toy man wand and the candle wand are equal in stats, it's a simple fact that the toy man wand is much more visually appealing. You could easily take this 'toy man' concept and make it into a 2h hammer, a sword, a talon (may be odd), and etc. It would instantly become a hit.

Armor: One of my most prized possessions is my Festive Festival Leather from 2010. This could be brought back again during the next winter fest as a vanity armor of some sort but in a different color, such as green or white. If you do decide to bring it back, you should jumble up the patterns a bit or change the color so nobody gets upset a vintage item is being brought back.

Shield: The pretty present was a shield with stats in 2010 as a part of a pack, and also a vanity shield in 2012. Seeing how there are many color variations of this shield, you could easily change the base template to a unique color such as pink, purple, orange, etc.

Name:  IMG_0738[1].PNG
Views: 773
Size:  138.7 KB
    Last edited by Kixxler; 07-28-2013 at 05:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Name of Character:*Deleveled
    Name of Items:*
    1. Prestidigitator Silk Hat of Mimicry
    2. Shooting Star Leather of Excitability
    3. Torch
    4. Spooky Bone Cage Shield

Description:
    When I read the title of the contest, "Rockin' Retro Gear Screenshot Contest", a lot of idea came to my mind. I have chosen different combinations of what I think is the best that will suit the contest's descriptions.*

First off, the head gear, Because of the concept "Retro", I have thought that my outfit must have the feel of an "old school" look, , that's why I chose thePrestidigitator Silk Hat of Mimicry*for my head gear. It gives me a "back in the days" look with a bit of class. This Fedora looking item was made famous back in the days and it makes your toon look like a "sir" (Kinda cool).

For the armor, I chose*Shooting Star Leather of Excitability, For me it is the most retro looking outfit in Alterra. It makes you look like you are going to the disco, sooo groovy and funky!

For the weapon, I don't think the devs are going to make a vanity out of this, so I chose the best display weapon in all of Alterra, the torch. Looking cool with those flames burning up.

Lastly, for the shield, I had a hard time thinking about what to choose for this but after reading the contest descriptions again, I thought of the perfect one(for me)... Since the contest title says "Rockin' Retro Gear", I gave emphasis on the "Rockin" part and looked for the shield that rocks best for me lol, after a while of browsing shields, I finally found the one. I chose the*Spooky Bone Cage Shieldbecause it's a skull, and skulls ROCK. It also symbolizes old school rock for me.

My toon looked old school retro punk rock. Sorry can't afford to buy the head gear so I went on CS just to take a screenie. Sry for bad English too, hope u understand tho.

Below are the screenies:

Name:  Screenshot_2013-07-27-08-56-53.png
Views: 693
Size:  498.8 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2013-07-27-08-56-42.png
Views: 646
Size:  485.6 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2013-07-27-08-56-29.png
Views: 641
Size:  466.3 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I posted my first entry in the wrong section. Haha sorry for that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I*know it takes alot of design work but id much rather see what you guys (devs) have/can think of but anyways I figured id use this pic, I thought she looked like a real princess**I woukdnt mind seeing something similar, this is the megamage wand and bracer set, I wouldnt mind seeing this again because the sets stood out from ewch other and I thought they were all magicalName:  Screenshot_2013-07-26-19-45-52.png
Views: 752
Size:  378.5 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Contest Entry

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/...ps202a4ace.png

IGN: KingofRage
    NAME OF ITEMS:
    HELMET: FLAMING HELMET OF THE PHOENIX
    ARMOR: FLAMING ARMOR OF THE PHOENIX
    WEAPON: FLAMING SWORD OF THE GODS
    Description: I BELIEVE THESE SHOULD BE IN THE GAME BECAUSE ALIEN OASIS IS KIND OF A SCENARIO FROM THE GREEKS AGE AND THESE WOULD BE REALLY COOL DROPS TO HAVE SINCE CYBER WAS FOR A QUEST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Helmet Name: Hero's Open Wide Helmet
    New Name: Paladin's Protector Of Honor
    Reason: This helmet is by far one of the most retro helmets there are. It has such a unique look to it with the open guard and the knight look. It can show who your true brawlers are in Pocket Legends.

Weapon Name: Avenger's Flaming Sword
    New Name: Paladin's Rapier Of Blaze
    Reason: This sword has a special feature to it...fire. Not many swords/weapons in this game have a cool feature as this one has. It gives your character that much more flare, with a sharp point on the end.

Armor Name: Bone Plate
    New Name: Paladin's Coat Of Bravery
    Reason: The old bone armor. This armor isn't worn by many and it should be. It's elegant look with the undead touch is very cool. For me it would be worn with details such as... "Fallen comrades have left behind their spirit and remains for you to fight on for the victory of Good." Just another cool armor in game that's been their from the start.

Shield Name: Conquerors Crystalline Shield
    New Name: Paladin's Guard Of Courage
    Reason: This shield is somewhat flashy but classy. It's the only shield in game with this type of look...besides vanity. It came from a great era of the Sandcaves and should be brought back to protect us more.

IGN: Metamorphism
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

IGN:Mcmaximusmax
    Weapon: The Khopesh of Anubis

Why:this has always been one of my favorite weapons just for looks, it has a nice gold blade recurve to it with a kind of laser flame thing through the middle. In my mind it is to this day one of the most unique weapons in the game, it would be cool to be able to use it effectively in combat thou being that its only a lvl 45 weapon that is lol

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

IGN: Booklet
    Helmet Name: Darkwitch Hat of Smarts
    Armor Name: Black Magic Robes
    Weapon Name: Sentinel's Shotgun of Death

I really like the 'dark' look because it looks devilish and sneaky. The hat makes it look very dangerous so this is why I chose these items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by McMaximusMax View Post
    IGN:Mcmaximusmax
    Weapon: The Khopesh of Anubis

Why:this has always been one of my favorite weapons just for looks, it has a nice gold blade recurve to it with a kind of laser flame thing through the middle. In my mind it is to this day one of the most unique weapons in the game, it would be cool to be able to use it effectively in combat thou being that its only a lvl 45 weapon that is lol
    If I remember correctly, this weapon was a winning player design in a PL contest.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8799&dateline=1275592  200
    ♪♫♬signature by Rebel♬♫♪