Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Please remove the backwards dash of gale

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Default Please remove the backwards dash of gale

I wanted to reserve my judgment on the changes to gale until I had some time to try them out. I believe that I am one of the few mages that routinely used gale before the change, so i wanted to give some feedback. I greatly appreciate the buff that increased the number of enemies hit by the skill, but I absolutely dislike the backwards dash

1) Timed runs: many mages need gale to be able to compete in pure timed runs. The backwards dash is entirely counterproductive in this regard. We all know how often charged skills fail, for whatever reasons, be it lag or otherwise. When this charged skill fails in a timed run, it costs you 5sec or so which is an eternity as far as timed runs go. Not only do you go backwards instead of gaining a 25% speed boost, but you also appear to be momentarily stunned after you dash backwards making this charged skill failure even more painful to endure. To me it seems as though the recoil for firing the cannons at kraag was just recycled for this skill, and it continues to cause a momentary stun after you dash backwards. Not cool

2) For fighting mobs in PvE I also find this addition to the skill annoying. It was always nice to have the 25% skill boost to keep up with rogues and warriors and to be able to run through enemy mobs quickly. Unfortunately, this upgrade now requires you to charge this skill every time you want to use it if you don't want to be blown backwards. This just wastes time and we all know how often charged skills fail (as mentioned above). So why wouldn't you want the blowback? Sure I like keeping my distance from mobs, but I don't like to get so far away that I can no longer attack and lose my control of the mob. Also I cannot tell you how annoying it is to be blown backwards into an ice patch or into a mob you did not want to gain the aggro of. Oh yeah, did I also mention the annoying stun like effect of this blowback too?

3) For pvp... Why do warriors and rogues have a skill that helps them to run flags faster but mages get nothing? All classes have a heal type skill. All classes have a shield type skill. Why can't all classes have a FORWARD dash skill to help with running flags. The fact that the 25% speed boost of gale does not work with flag is incredibly lame if you are not going to give us a FORWARD dash.

Please consider removing the backward dash of gale. I am fine if we get no forward dash. Although perhaps fun for kicks, I find no situation for which this feature is useful, and only have found many situations in which this skill is a hindrance.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I agree, for PvE I haven't found much use for the backwards dash.

It would be cool if STS would just remove it again.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

That's what I thought when they released it. There's a number of things that they gave sorcs that just make no sense at all. For example, besides gale, the proc on the mythic gun. 95% of it is GREAT, but the scatter effect SUCKS.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Valsacar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Agree with this +1
    Also dodge was more useful, gale is a tomb skill, no need to armor buff but dodge can help against shark stuns in kraken mines 1.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

They should change that upgrade to instant teleport forward and then the gale will be superb..
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=88929&dateline=136981  8890
    Signature created by marshmallow

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Obi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

I brought up some of these points in the original thread when the changes were proposed and they were dismissed. And you can thank all those people who said dash backwards was a great idea against bosses and pvp. But every single time I have played with anyone that uses gale they always charge it. Or don't have this upgrade. And dash backwards was purely done to be different from rogue's dash. I don't play PvP often but when I do, I've never seen anyone using dash backwards. I hope they remove dash backwards as this is an awful upgrade to gale.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

+1! But rogues don't have shields lol.
    BUYING A NEW SIGNATURE PIC - PM ME!
    READ ME TO RE-SPARK POCKET LEGENDS!
    Click Me! Or Click Me! Or Click Both!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SkullCrusher For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SkullCrusher View Post
    +1! But rogues don't have shields lol.
    Haha, thanks. I was referring to RAZOR SHIELD. I guess it has fallen out of favor and many not consider a true shield, although it appears that STS intended it to be the rogue's version of a shield given its name. Nevertheless, thanks for the support!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valsacar View Post
    That's what I thought when they released it. There's a number of things that they gave sorcs that just make no sense at all. For example, besides gale, the proc on the mythic gun. 95% of it is GREAT, but the scatter effect SUCKS.
    Yes, for mobs the scatter effect isn't good. But for PvP scatter is great. It pushes everyone back away from you and then makes it easier for you to target the player you want. I hate when a rogue is hiding behind a warrior. When the runic proc hits, it scatters the warrior back and I can then target the rogue while they are both stunned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

+1 on this

Please remove the dash backwards effect.. It serves no purpose at all, it's impossible to control.. I'd much rather dash forward to get in range of spells or I can face the opposite direction and dash out of danger..

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando o Tapatalk 2

The toeless smurf!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to katish For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

They should just eliminate dash backwards and put the speed upgrade to non charged. That's different enough from any other classes skill. And its only useful in pve so I doubt anyone is going to get upset. But I feel like this will never happen.

20.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

If I change it to dash forward, can you promise in one week there's not a thread in here with 20 people asking me to change it back?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Swede For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Thx swede for shutting them up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    If I change it to dash forward, can you promise in one week there's not a thread in here with 20 people asking me to change it back?
    Lol, of course not! Is there anything on this forum that people don't complain about? You knew the answer to that question before you even asked it I am sure every sorcerer appreciates all of the changes you have tried to make for gale. Nevertheless, I think there probably is a pretty strong consensus to get rid of the backwards dash. I don't think that adding a forward dash is necessary, and as you stated may even be disliked by some if added.

Quote Originally Posted by Y O L O View Post
    Thx swede for shutting them up
    No reason to be rude. We are all just trying to be constructive here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Agreed, its kinda annoying when you accidentally tap it instead of charging, or when it fails, you miss out 5 secs.. every millisecond counts when it comes to timed runs!! Please take away that option of backwards dash.. just makes it difficult for mages.

AL IGNs: Venom, Poison, Elite, Kill, Dude, Hawk, Jerk, Legend
    OaC Android AF IGNs: -Venom-, -Carnage-, -Dude-

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Venom For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

The changes with the curse and shield skills fared well, but gale is another thing. This skill was always famous in hauntlet and tomb runs, not in elite or pvp.
    The only change what i wanna maybe see in this skill is the extra speed bonus when flag carrying in pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Nobody complained about gale when it didn't have any dash added to it. It was also never a suggestion made by players as far as I can remember.

Now that players had the time to play around with it, they see it doesn't have much (any?) use at all. I'm sure you are right, if you'd change it to dash forward, other complaints would arise. That's not what we're asking for though, our request was to completely remove it, not turn it into another dash skill.

Maybe buff the walk speed a couple % and remove the dash completely? The current problem is that if you'd choose to increase walk speed, you can't use an uncharged gale anymore without getting flung backwards. Before the update I'd not always charge gale, while after the update I'm almost obligated to do so if I don't want to fly backwards.

Personally, for PvE, the backwards dash only gave me annoyances without any apparent benefit, and most people I talked to in game seem to agree. If something that was working great gets changed into something that doesn't seem to work at all, isn't it the duty of the community to inform you guys about it?

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

For reall? I love you to deathhhh...

I think it's better to make it 50% speed boost if charge and 25% speed boost (or nothing happens) if uncharge.
    Last edited by moot; 08-01-2013 at 06:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Flag bearers will celebrate.
    The Forum here is more FUN!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Can we just all vote if we want that or not, please?
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=88929&dateline=136981  8890
    Signature created by marshmallow